The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I live in a decent area.

Packing the jeep with all my clubs and stuff for the weekend and I guess in my final trip out I left my rear door and drivers side door wide open.

That could have sucked.

Packing the jeep with all my clubs and stuff for the weekend and I guess in my final trip out I left my rear door and drivers side door wide open.

That could have sucked.
dang...that's crazy lucky.

That's super lucky War! I had a similar thing happen here a couple months back. My fiancé came to pick me up from our carpool location and we went to the store, and we come back and the door is wide open. Turns out she had locked the door but not closed it completely so the wind pushed it open. Really lucky nothing happened that day, restored my faith in the neighborhood a bit haha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Just heard from one of the nurses, my dad is doing excellent and they have about 1 hour left in the procedure. The doc is going to give me a call once they test the new knee to make sure everything is working as it should. Pretty excited to hear that, even though it's not the type of surgery where things can go *wrong*, that's always stuck in the back of your mind, y'know?

I wondered if they'd ask about those... No issues for me. I did however get the torture of watching a TSA agent go through my travel bag, remove clubs for testing of some sort and put them back in. Fingers crossed that everything comes through ok on the other side!

Maybe they were looking for some new clubs and figured since there was set in front of them, they might as well give them a trial swing. :act-up:

That could have sucked.

That's super lucky War! I had a similar thing happen here a couple months back. My fiancé came to pick me up from our carpool location and we went to the store, and we come back and the door is wide open. Turns out she had locked the door but not closed it completely so the wind pushed it open. Really lucky nothing happened that day, restored my faith in the neighborhood a bit haha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I did that once. I was meeting up with my cousin to car pool to a golf outing. I had my clubs in the back seat of my truck. I got them out and must not have closed the doors in my rush to get to the course. We got back to my truck about 9 hours later to find my doors open. Nothing was taken and this was in the back of a supermarket parking lot.

Just heard from one of the nurses, my dad is doing excellent and they have about 1 hour left in the procedure. The doc is going to give me a call once they test the new knee to make sure everything is working as it should. Pretty excited to hear that, even though it's not the type of surgery where things can go *wrong*, that's always stuck in the back of your mind, y'know?

Good to hear. :clapp:

Glad to hear it Russ. But there's the old saying about surgery. It's only "minor" surgery when it's on someone else...LOL

Trust me I was plenty worried going into mine, even as routine as it is nowadays, there's always the thought in the back of your mind, that they are actually cutting open parts of your body.

That's what he's hoping for, too! :banana:

I just got home, the procedure's anticipated to take 3 hours. They're not going to reuse anything from the original knee replacement, it's all brand new. One of my best friends who I've known since I was 13 and golf with all the time requested to be on his case, so he came down and chatted with us for a bit about what they'd be doing. Then we talked about getting fitted and Cobra's new iron lines, which my dad loved and kept him nice and relaxed. The hospital will call me when he's in the recovery room, once he's out of there I'll head back for a while to bring him his personal things and hang out for a bit to keep him company.
Good luck, I hope everything turns out great! It's a fairly slow recovery based on some of my friends! Patience is the key!

Positive thoughts to your dad today Russ

Sounds like your dad is in good hands Russ. Here's hoping for that cute candystriper working in his ward.

So people really do say y'all down here in Texas. Interesting.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Say it here in FL too... At least I do.

It's a word the English language is inexplicably missing.

Say it here in FL too... At least I do.

It's a word the English language is inexplicably missing.
This is the first time I've been in Texas anywhere but the dfw airport and I have to say so far pretty much all the stereotypes are spot on.

This is the first time I've been in Texas anywhere but the dfw airport and I have to say so far pretty much all the stereotypes are spot on.

Where are you? Have a Shipleys donut for me.

Where are you? Have a Shipleys donut for me.
Gainesville, just over the Oklahoma border.

People seem really friendly down here. Nice change of pace. People in Iowa are so friendly usually when we travel is culture shock to ass hats but this place seems cool.

Gainesville, just over the Oklahoma border.

People seem really friendly down here. Nice change of pace. People in Iowa are so friendly usually when we travel is culture shock to ass hats but this place seems cool.

Been my experience as well.

Just don't talk bad about their football team, things will get ugly.

Does every state have a Gainesville?

When my sister told me she moved to Gainesville I asked her why she moved to Florida without telling me haha

My dad had his left replaced a little earlier this year. He's a few years older than your dad and is doing just fine. I probably went to see him 4 out of the 5 days he was in the hospital just to keep his spirits up and so he was more motivated to get the heck out of there sooner than later.

My dad had his left replaced a little earlier this year. He's a few years older than your dad and is doing just fine. I probably went to see him 4 out of the 5 days he was in the hospital just to keep his spirits up and so he was more motivated to get the heck out of there sooner than later.

It's my dad's left knee as well. He was in for 5 days the first time it was replaced in 1993, this time around they're telling him he'll be out by Saturday. Not too bad.

No, but I believe all the lower 48 have a Greenville.

I have JBs luck on the flight. Couple people going no shoes and no socks across the isle

well, my busiest time of the year is coming to a close. not many loose ends to wrap up tomorrow, probably won't even work a full day. i managed to play golf 6 times this tax season vs 3 times last tax season. i'm really excited about the rest of the year, seeing where my game ends up. and maybe making my way into an out-of-state thp event.

Come to Georgia if you want to hear it even more!

I got a bunch of goodies waiting for me when I make it home tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a sort of cool sort of sad moment today. I went to my local Golf Galaxy today to get the sensicore inserts installed in my irons and went back to the club building area and put my order in. As the guy was putting the order in he recognized my last name and asked if I knew an Angelo, who happens to be my dad. He was blown away and mentioned that he used to own the small golf store that my dad used to go to all the time for all of his clubs and equipment needs. My dad was a customer of his for 20 years and I used to go with him and I would always spend all my time in there on his putting green. He remembered me from when I was about 6 years old and it was a nice reunion of sorts, but just sad that a store owner who truly loves the game and loved what he did got put out of business by the big box store and is now working for that store. I guess that's the commercialization of the golf industry but just a sad reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back