The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

Congrats marc!

We closed Friday and our new home is beautiful, we're having the interior painted, cleaned and we'll begin the move in in the next week or two.

Feels good to own again

Congrats Marc!!!

Frustrated with our realtor who didn't want to show us houses in a nearby town. Kept telling us it was a bad investment, but we like the area, the houses are less expensive (but bigger), and it'd put us within minutes of all our friends and the CC. So we looked around with a new realtor, and houses we had to drag our old realtor to, we were shown a second time. The attitude of a realtor really makes a difference. Houses we had passed on, now have come into play, and for good prices. They're a bit older (some built in the 50's) but they're solid, and with some reno's would make great houses we can grow old in. The neighborhoods are all great as well. We finally have some options.
Our realtor was amazing. She looked at a couple of houses with us and quickly figured us out and helped us find our home. She could tell which houses we liked and didn't and would modify her search. We looked at probably 20 houses with her before we found our house.

We closed Friday and our new home is beautiful, we're having the interior painted, cleaned and we'll begin the move in in the next week or two.

Feels good to own again

Congratulation on your new home!

...and there goes my Masters watching. Three days in a row where we've had a showing that I've had to clean the house. That is probably the 2nd thing I dislike about having a realtor.

I now own an expensive hole. This just got very real.

IMG_20160411_172727203_HDR.jpg

...and there goes my Masters watching. Three days in a row where we've had a showing that I've had to clean the house. That is probably the 2nd thing I dislike about having a realtor.

It makes a difference. Yeah it sucks having to have your home in show condition, but you get one chance with a couple walking through your door.

It makes a difference. Yeah it sucks having to have your home in show condition, but you get one chance with a couple walking through your door.

Tell me about it I just got a call that 10 realtors were coming to do a walk-through 15 minutes prior. Hope the house looks good enough. We actually had a couple come through Sunday and they were ready to make an offer or walking out the door still waiting to hear about that one.

Our realtor saw a house going up for sale down the road from where she lives. It's a great neighborhood ... but the guy is dragging his feet moving out, and doesn't want to show until it's "ready". We just want a peek to see if it's worth pursuing because we have a couple of other options we're considering. Hate to wait around, lose opportunities on the houses we're currently looking at, only to get a look at this one and it sucks. It ticks off a couple of extra boxes for us (5th bedroom and garage) so we're really intrigued.

If the comp's in the neighborhood are any indication, even if the house hasn't been remodeled since it was built (1960's) we'll come pretty close to offering him the appraised value (actually we'll give him the appraised value). So let us see the house already!

Tell me about it I just got a call that 10 realtors were coming to do a walk-through 15 minutes prior. Hope the house looks good enough. We actually had a couple come through Sunday and they were ready to make an offer or walking out the door still waiting to hear about that one.

Uhh... Your agent gave you a 15 minutes heads up on that? That's a little aggressive.

Uhh... Your agent gave you a 15 minutes heads up on that? That's a little aggressive.

I'll leave that as the wife dropped the ball. Forgot about it.

How far in advance should I fill out a change of address form at the post office?

Feels good to own again
Congratulations Marc. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Dawn and I checked out a couple of open houses today and nothing really appealed to us. We did some driving around to different neighborhoods and found some new areas to expand our search.

We did get Dawn's things out of her house this weekend and into storage. With her closing this week, we decided to get her stuff out this weekend. She is now temporarily living with her parents and I see our search getting aggressive once the closing is done.

Dawn and I checked out a couple of open houses today and nothing really appealed to us. We did some driving around to different neighborhoods and found some new areas to expand our search.

We did get Dawn's things out of her house this weekend and into storage. With her closing this week, we decided to get her stuff out this weekend. She is now temporarily living with her parents and I see our search getting aggressive once the closing is done.

You guys will find something that you love don't buy out of necessity

We went back out and have three houses we have interest in. Going to get a contractor in to see one, because it needs a new kitchen (but it's a foreclosure so we can get it for cheap and the rest of the house is in great shape). Another hasn't been updated since the 60's (neither has the roof) and they may be asking too much for what it'll cost to make repairs on. The last one is the most expensive of the three, but it's the most move-in-ready. It'll need some updating, but that's just carpet and paint.

I'm going to bite the bullet and call in an inspector to give our house a look. I don't want to come across any unexpected - and expensive - surprises when we're trying to sell (and buy). Hopefully we'll get a clean bill of health (or at least nothing major - as I know the back deck is in bad shape but it's my major project for this month).

You guys will find something that you love don't buy out of necessity
We are going to be as patient as possible. We keep telling ourselves that we are not in a hurry and I refuse to let us settle. I am hoping Dawn will keep that mindset for awhile, but I think living with her parents will test her in a couple of weeks.

We are going to be as patient as possible. We keep telling ourselves that we are not in a hurry and I refuse to let us settle. I am hoping Dawn will keep that mindset for awhile, but I think living with her parents will test her in a couple of weeks.

Gotta find what's right for you guys.

I forgot how much I hate moving, pain in the ass.

Im grateful to have a home Though

Moving sucks but if the neighborhood and house are the right one the gain is worth the pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moving sucks but if the neighborhood and house are the right one the gain is worth the pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah man it is for sure, the house is incredible

Closing this Friday if nothing is out of whack. I gave em everything I had. Haven't had someone complain so much about giving them money. What a pain this process is

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Back