UST Mamiya Elements Helium Shaft Review Thread

Another Winner Winner Chicken Dinner with this shaft experience! Good stuff Brad.
Seems like a theme doesn't it! Can't wait to get my tipped and put into play!

Seems like a theme doesn't it! Can't wait to get my tipped and put into play!

You haven't done it yet!? You're missing out! Get that thing out on the course!

So one big thing I really noticed in this shaft, is whatever they did to build it, it feels insanely stable. I have a couple X flex shafts, which is what I was playing for the past year, and this in stiff feels just as controlled as those. Having the confidence and control in a stiff shaft that I can load better than the X flex's I have is such a huge help when my swing gets a little slower. I'm right on the edge swing speed wise between stiff and x-stiff (~104), so having something I can control while still being able to fully load is incredible. I'm sold on these and want one in my fairway woods too now haha. Just such a great shaft.

Had my first lesson since adding the Elements Helium / XR16 combo to the bag, and my instructor was impressed at how much it changed my drives. Of the 8-10 shots we took with it, my distance on the good ones were in the 230-240 yard range, which is an improvement. Even the rough ones had great ball flight and distance, just my lack of body rotation kept it from going as straight.

Still loving the Helium!

69g right now.

You might notice it a little, but 10 grams isn't going to be too much. Just gotta trust it, it holds up really well.

UST Mamiya Elements Helium Shaft Review Thread

Man, you guys really have me excited to hit this, looking at playing 36 on Sunday for a full test run

Man, you guys really have me excited to hit this, looking at playing 36 on Sunday for a full test run

I hope all my stuff arrives so I can play mine as well.

I hope all my stuff arrives so I can play mine as well.

Me too, I wouldn't mind giving both the stiff and reg shafts some swings since we'll both have Cobra adapters in them.

Check out the NE thread and let me know if you would be down for an aggressive Sunday

Well look what came in today. To bad my adapters won't be here until Saturday.

db5993196a749757d6014eb77a658a4f.jpg

d08778cef582b588ea2331c20b71d42e.jpg

Well look what came in today. To bad my adapters won't be here until Saturday.

db5993196a749757d6014eb77a658a4f.jpg

d08778cef582b588ea2331c20b71d42e.jpg

Cool shaft

Lame on the adapters

Guess you'll have to be content with swinging my stiff flex one

The club builder was behind on ordering the tip!

I was lucky with mine that I had ordered a couple adaptors for a different shaft I was getting tipped. The spare one was exactly what I needed for the Custom Shaft.

Hopefully they get yours done up soon so we can get some IceyShanks thoughts!!

More swings with this tonight, with all three heads (Gbb/BB/Alpha815). Could not send one right even when trying hard to do so. Straight, and the odd mishit sending the ball left.

Also had a buddy try it out. Comparing it to his SLDR S, the main comment was very light, also ending up with his straightest drives of the night.

Another 9 in with this shaft. Only had a few holes where I could hit driver, but man it's incredible. I can swing so smooth and it just feels like it rockets the club head through the ball. I'll say it again, but it's insane that a shaft like this (stiff flex, lighter weight) can be as stable as my heavier x-flex shafts. Launch and spin were spot on for what I'd like to see out of my driver, and the hits were looooong. There is a fairway bunker on 18 at the course I play that you need a pretty good drive to reach it from the blacks, and I flew it last night. I really can't say enough about this shaft right now. bravo UST, bravo.

Another 9 in with this shaft. Only had a few holes where I could hit driver, but man it's incredible. I can swing so smooth and it just feels like it rockets the club head through the ball. I'll say it again, but it's insane that a shaft like this (stiff flex, lighter weight) can be as stable as my heavier x-flex shafts. Launch and spin were spot on for what I'd like to see out of my driver, and the hits were looooong. There is a fairway bunker on 18 at the course I play that you need a pretty good drive to reach it from the blacks, and I flew it last night. I really can't say enough about this shaft right now. bravo UST, bravo.

Great feedback, excited to get this in play this weekend

Great photos and updates, guys! Loving that so many people are getting such great results from Helium!

Ready to rock!

Going into play on Sunday 36 holes

6656345bed92af6d66d37f6cd501f273.jpg

022ae8b2703476b0e7ed2ce85f5293eb.jpg

Ready to rock!

Going into play on Sunday 36 holes

6656345bed92af6d66d37f6cd501f273.jpg

022ae8b2703476b0e7ed2ce85f5293eb.jpg

It can not be said enough how good those look. Can't wait to hear your feedback on it!

Nice OITW!!! Love the blue head & grip combo! What flex did you get??

Last couple rounds out I've been hitting real low with my driver with this shaft in it. Going out with a different shaft tonight to make sure it's the Indian and not the arrow, and to also get some good distance/dispersion comparisons.

Last couple rounds out I've been hitting real low with my driver with this shaft in it. Going out with a different shaft tonight to make sure it's the Indian and not the arrow, and to also get some good distance/dispersion comparisons.

Stay behind that ball baker and stop swaying forward on the downswing!!! Ha!

Back