Thread: 2019 Sun Mountain 2.5+ bag

Handicap
    9.0 GHIN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

2019 Sun Mountain 2.5+ bag

I didn't see much on this bag here before I bought it, but wanted to share my .02 for anyone who was in the same boat.

I have a Sun Mountain C-130 for when I ride and a 2017 Sun Mountain 4.5 LS for when I walk (which has been about 60 rounds in the past 9 months).

For reference, before that I had about 4 or 5 PING Hoofers. Liked them, but the non-full length dividers finally became too much of an issue. The club tangle was just too much for me.

I really like the 4.5, but even it gets a bit heavy in the Texas summers. My home course is very hilly with some distance between some greens and the next tee box, so I decided to check out some ultralight bags.

I ended up getting the 2.5+ and have to say it is just about perfect for me.

The straps that it comes with are not very good, but I replaced them with a Sun Mountain E-Z FIT (like the ones that come on the 4.5) and now it feels great.

I wish it had a separate pocket for tees/ball marker, but that is not a fatal flaw. The material on the fabric straps seems to be a bit stretchier (for lack of a better description) than my other SM bags. I have heard the buckles can start to slip because of this, but have not yet experienced it myself. And finally, the towel loop doesn't seem super sturdy, so I was worried about hanging my rangefinder from it, but I just looped it around the handle at the top and now it seems fine.

Driver: G400 Max 9 Aldila X-Torsion Copper
    Fairway Wood: GBB Epic 3 UST Mamiya Recoil 450 ES
    Hybrid: GBB Epic 3 UST Mamiya Recoil 760 ES
    Irons: Apex 19 4-AW True Temper XP 95 ST15
    Wedges: Glide 2.0 54 SS, 58 ES PING AWT 2.0 Wedge
    Putter: Spider Tour Diamond Silver
    Ball: 2017 TP5
    Bag: 2019 2.5+

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tcugdu For This Useful Post:

Tenputt (07-11-2019)

Major Champion
    Handicap
    GHIN 6.6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcugdu View Post
    I didn't see much on this bag here before I bought it, but wanted to share my .02 for anyone who was in the same boat.

I have a Sun Mountain C-130 for when I ride and a 2017 Sun Mountain 4.5 LS for when I walk (which has been about 60 rounds in the past 9 months).

For reference, before that I had about 4 or 5 PING Hoofers. Liked them, but the non-full length dividers finally became too much of an issue. The club tangle was just too much for me.

I really like the 4.5, but even it gets a bit heavy in the Texas summers. My home course is very hilly with some distance between some greens and the next tee box, so I decided to check out some ultralight bags.

I ended up getting the 2.5+ and have to say it is just about perfect for me.

The straps that it comes with are not very good, but I replaced them with a Sun Mountain E-Z FIT (like the ones that come on the 4.5) and now it feels great.

I wish it had a separate pocket for tees/ball marker, but that is not a fatal flaw. The material on the fabric straps seems to be a bit stretchier (for lack of a better description) than my other SM bags. I have heard the buckles can start to slip because of this, but have not yet experienced it myself. And finally, the towel loop doesn't seem super sturdy, so I was worried about hanging my rangefinder from it, but I just looped it around the handle at the top and now it seems fine.

Great post. I would have purchased the 2.5, but I didn’t care for the straps. I never thought of substituting the other strap system. Nice.
    Tenputt

My Cobra, Morgan Cup bag:
    KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver, 9*
    KING F9 SPEEDBACK 3-4, 14.5*
    KING F9 SPEEDBACK Tour 4-5, 17.5*
    KING F9 SPEEDBACK Irons, 4 - gw
    KING F9 Black Wedges, 54* and 60*
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 2

Handicap
    9.0 GHIN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenputt View Post
    Great post. I would have purchased the 2.5, but I didn’t care for the straps. I never thought of substituting the other strap system. Nice.
    In fairness, neither did I. I got the idea from others who had done the same and posted about it. It was $25-30, but definitely worth it for me.

I still can't get over how much lighter it was to carry vs. my 4.5 LS. Made a much bigger difference than I was expecting.
    Driver: G400 Max 9 Aldila X-Torsion Copper
    Fairway Wood: GBB Epic 3 UST Mamiya Recoil 450 ES
    Hybrid: GBB Epic 3 UST Mamiya Recoil 760 ES
    Irons: Apex 19 4-AW True Temper XP 95 ST15
    Wedges: Glide 2.0 54 SS, 58 ES PING AWT 2.0 Wedge
    Putter: Spider Tour Diamond Silver
    Ball: 2017 TP5
    Bag: 2019 2.5+

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Great review. And jealous. Living in FL we really don’t get to walk and carry. Honestly I wish we could. There’s one place up in Ormond Beach that lets us walk. So nice.
    Bag - Callaway Staff Stand Bag
    Driver - Callaway GBB Epic
    Woods - Callaway Epic 3+
    Hybrids - Callaway Epic 19/22 Hybrid
    Irons - Callaway APEX CF16 5-PW
    Wedges - Callaway MD4 Tour Grind 50/54 PM Grind 58 BLACK
    Putter - Odyssey EXO #7
    Ball - B XS / TP5X

Participant in the 2018 Odyssey Experience!