Your 2016 Golf Goal

It's a lofty goal but after today's round I have decided that I want to be consistent in scoring around 80 currently about a 14 cap but I am working to get it moving down

I just want to be a better ballstriker and I want my handicap (whatever it is) to travel anywhere.
Hoping to play in a THP Event and hoping to win a VGT event.

Lofty goals I guess but might as well shoot for the moon!
This is what I said earlier but I'm going to add another lofty goal to it.

I want to shoot a round of even par or better this year! Possible? Who knows but I'm going to push for it.

Bumping this thread - reason being, gotta keep the golf goals in sight, throughout the year.

Single digit handicap for two consecutive revisions.
60% FIR
40% GIR
Ave 34.5 putts per round.
HOF tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Far -

Handicap is at 10.1 - Trend to 9.7.
FIR - 62.1%
GIR - 40.9%
Putts per round - 35.1 (gotta drop that one)
HOF tags - No opportunities until May. #TeamEthanator at #TheGauntlet

Keep on grinding!!

Figure out how to hit a driver again.

This ^^^

My goal is to get my index down to 3.
I'll do this by increasing my FIR numbers.
To reach this goal, I need to keep my tee shots in quality playable positions.

Shoot consistently in the 80's, hit more fairways and greens. Which all go hand in hand

Increase my GIR. It's been the weakness of my game and really trying to improve it. And play more too.

To get into the Grandaddy, enough said!

My goal is to average less than one lost ball per round. That's going to take me making better decisions and playing within my skill level. Also it will make golf significantly more affordable.

To get into the Grandaddy, enough said!

I understand the want to get onto it. But for it to be a goal is a bit confusing.

Maybe more realist goal would be

Stay engaged on THP, and refine your game so if selected you'll be ready.

I think initially I said play more and have fun. That's all good but I'm going to shoot par this year. It's going to freakin happen I can hit the shots to do just have to link 18 holes together.

Consistently shoot in the 80's.

Get my putt average below 2.0, and shoot at least a few rounds this year in the 70s.

Perform well in city tournaments. Focus focus focus, need to grind and turn my 83's into 76's

I want to get back into the 70s, and consistently shoot low 80s.

Get my putting average under 30 per round and break 70 at least 2 or 3 times.

To help get Team # win #TheCup

It evolves, but currently I'd like to get down to around a 10 index this year but I'll start with just being able to consistently shoot in the 80's.

I've been feeling good on the golf course lately and before now had not made a goal for the year. I think I'd like to set a new low for my handicap which once was 8.2. So I'm just going to go big and say get into the 7 range. I think I'm trending that way and it isn't a huge stretch to get there.

Develop a golf rivalry with some of you and get the game up to a level where I can back up at least some smack talk: right in the lumberyard. ;-)

My first response was just trying to be playful with the topic. Other than trying to get better, I wasn't really sure what my goal was. That has changed. My revised goal is to play my best possible golf at the end of July and help 441 win #TheCup! Along those lines I am starting to research the courses. They are very different than what I have played so far. This will be a fun challenge to make my game as robust as possible. I recent setup a 5 lesson series with a new instructor and will tell him his job is to help with me this goal. I think he will totally jump on the bandwagon. I will also play some additional courses to work on helping my game travel. This is so much more fun with a real goal!

This changed on Thursday. It is now to just play. I herniated a disk picking up my cell phone off the table on the way out the door to drop off my tax payment. Stupid. Just stupid. So I'm probably out of commission for at least a month.

Back