ntanygd760

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone bought this video from Monte Scheinblum. He is an ex long drive guy that has some interesting ideas when it comes to instruction. $49, well worth the cost if it helps. [h=1]http://montescheinblum.com/d4dough/[/h]

I need Driver help, and although I haven't found the right guy where his teachings "Click" I rather have someone watch MY swing.

I say this of course without watching the video....

I haven't picked it up yet, but I have all of his other videos. They've all been great at helping my short game out, my long game... not so much! I definitely plan on purchasing it though, Monte has a great way of explaining things very simply and in a few different ways so if one doesn't click for you, another may.

I have the video and it is by far the BEST full swing video bar none, and I have seen a LOT of them.
For anyone trying to better understand the full swing I encourage you to get it. Actually, I recommend it to ALL golfers. It is that good.
Watching that video clarified a question about the swing i've had for years, a move that never felt natural - and it was an unnecessary move - and I am instantly swinging with more freedom.

Thanks, I am a fan of his youtube videos but haven't bought any of his yet, this one looks good as a first one to buy. I like the way he explains things, simple and to the point.

Thanks, I am a fan of his youtube videos but haven't bought any of his yet, this one looks good as a first one to buy. I like the way he explains things, simple and to the point.

I bought this a few days ago. First warning: it's split into 2 big video files, and it runs 3.5 hours in total. So it's not something that's easily watching in one sitting, I did it in about 3 nights after everyone else went to sleep.

That said, I thought it was great information. If you're a fan of his Youtube videos, then you will like this one because a lot of what he covers are concepts that he's already covered in various Youtube videos. However, the production value is much higher than the Youtube videos, and goes more in-depth on certain topics. Example: I think he explains the "no turn cast drill" better in this video than on Youtube.

While it is called "drive for dough", there isn't a ton of stuff in the video that's specific to the driver, it's more a full swing video. What I like is that he presents a lot of topics where he says basically "if you struggle with this, then try these drills." So there are different segments on different parts of the swing, and then different parts on certain faults. There's an entire segment on coming over the top and slicing, that just doesn't apply to me so I skipped over that one. So while it's a lot to watch the first time through, it's great to have it downloaded so I can refer back to it in the future for certain segments.

FWIW, I really like his short game video too, his methods for the short game are so simplified, it made my short game better last year.

After my round today that didn't even resemble good golf it is an easy decision, going to buy the video.

I've had an online lesson with Monte and it has already helped be a ton. Going to get the video for the travel time I have over the next day. Excited to watch it.

I've watched his YouTube video's before and his style is very solid!

Got done with the first bit of the 1st half of the downloads. Was all basics and very easy to digest. Even though it was just the basics I found one major thing just in my set up that was wrong. I knew my right shoulder should be a little lower then the left but I was always doing to by tilting the spin an even though my ball position was fine the driver was set up like the it was in the middle. He has you set up and basically keep your left arm straight right behind the ball and bring the right hand to the club instead of bringing the club to the middle. That let me get my shoulders naturally tilted with out forcing it by bending the spine. Super simple and probably obvious to most golfers but I just had never though of it.

Got done with the first bit of the 1st half of the downloads. Was all basics and very easy to digest. Even though it was just the basics I found one major thing just in my set up that was wrong. I knew my right shoulder should be a little lower then the left but I was always doing to by tilting the spin an even though my ball position was fine the driver was set up like the it was in the middle. He has you set up and basically keep your left arm straight right behind the ball and bring the right hand to the club instead of bringing the club to the middle. That let me get my shoulders naturally tilted with out forcing it by bending the spine. Super simple and probably obvious to most golfers but I just had never though of it.

I am with you on this. Only watched the first part today and noted a few things that a very minor but could make a bid difference. Had gravitated to a weaker right hand in the grip and he said that it could lead to coming into the ball with the face open....one of my main faults. Monte is awesome and if anyone isn't sure about person lessons from him...do it.

Played a round after warming up on the range. The swing is quite easy to hit the center of the face with. Didn't have a single snap hook toe shot which has been the enemy. The swing is just different enough from what I was doing that it will take a little while to get the speed built in and grooved, was getting a little stuck swinging hard but at 80% the ball was going about 240-260 and straight. Not very far but the distance will come one it gets grooved. The left are frisbee throw was a great feel though to get me turning through. Very pleased and actually looking forward to a long range session.

Thanks for the nice comments. If I can answer any questions...

Great to see you on here. The drill where you take the lob wedge to 9 o'clock and then try to hit the ball as far as possible has really helped me with my overswing. My lead arm (left) is still at about 10:30 when I feel like it's only at 9 o'clock so I've got a long way to go to shorten my swing more, but that swing thought helped me shoot 80 this morning on a course where I'm normally in the mid 80s. Looking forward to your input on here!

I recently downloaded the Drive 4 Dough video files and. I've probably learned more common sense ideas about the driver swing than I've learned in the past 14 years that I've been at the game...Monte has an easy going, no nonsense, KISS formula for teaching that really appeals to me....His segment on the correct relationship of the two elbows was refreshing...I do believe that he is in the minority in the ranks of PGA teaching pros....Probably will order some of his short game stuff when it gets closer to the season here in Northern NJ....

I recently downloaded the Drive 4 Dough video files and. I've probably learned more common sense ideas about the driver swing than I've learned in the past 14 years that I've been at the game...Monte has an easy going, no nonsense, KISS formula for teaching that really appeals to me....His segment on the correct relationship of the two elbows was refreshing...I do believe that he is in the minority in the ranks of PGA teaching pros....Probably will order some of his short game stuff when it gets closer to the season here in Northern NJ....

His wedges video is very much worth the $$$$.

Back