14 way divider or hate'em?

Love them. With my Staff bag had them that way.

Definitely wish I would have went with a 14 way, rather than my 5 divider stand bag! Noisy, and I don't walk near as much as I expected to!

The OCD part of me loves the idea of 14 way bag, but I found it not so great in practice.

Walking or on a push cart, I find the clubs being separated by the dividers give extra space for them to swing and bang into each other so they tend to be noisier and, especially for forged irons, get more dings. With my SM 3.5, the clubs nest together and it's much less. Also, I've found that over time the the dividers tend to stretch or sag and you're left with even worse tangling issues than in a 4-6 way top.

On a riding cart those advantages are mostly negated so if I did that exclusively, I'd go with the 14 way.

Some kind of club gripping technology like the silencer seems like the best of both but for the additional weight they usually bring with them.

My current bag is the first one I've owned that's had a 14-way divider. It has soothed my OCD club order soul. Everything has a place and when something gets used there's only one place to put it back. Usually if I need to bring extra stuff I'm just going to the driving range, may bring something for an alignment aid or extra clubs, but my bag is on my back and extras go in hand.

My bag is a Bennington QO12. I have not carried a bag in years, always use a push cart or ride and this bag has been a god-send.
Clubs not only have their individual slots but the slots are designed so that the clubs don't bang into each other or get tangled.
Having the dividers is a must.

Just went back to my 14 way cart bag. The stand bag I have is awesome, but the 14 way while using a cart is just so much more convenient.

Didnt have one till the Callaway Fusion 14 Stand bag I just picked up - love the convenience but sometimes they wont sit down all the way...

Do love my SM C-130S.
The only problem with individual divider bags is if you want to take a few extra clubs to test or what not, it's a pain to get them all in the bag

I won't buy a bag without a 14 way too.

Im impartial. I am quite happy with my OGIO Gromm bag. I thought I would be really excited about the 14 way top but I don't really notice it while Im playing, its not a benefit or a drawback. There is a bit of club chatter especially since I don't use head covers, but I had some club chatter with my old 11 way top bag.

One day I might switch to a cart bag but for now I love to carry so the stand bag works great.

I really like the 14 way divider. Rarely have an unorganized bag and easy to see if something is out of place

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Iv changed my mind - I do prefer the 14 way divider. If getting clubs tied up and disorganized is going to cause a distraction then its not worth it.

LOVE. It's a requirement for any bag I purchase. I'm pretty OCD about where every club goes and I hate them tangling in the bag.

Me too.

I wonder if there is a correlation between 14-way or not and clean desk / messy desk.

Didnt have one till the Callaway Fusion 14 Stand bag I just picked up - love the convenience but sometimes they wont sit down all the way...

I bought a Fusion 14 as well and it seems I struggle with them sitting all the way down all the time unless I stand the bag up vertically and shake it a bit...ugh.

Cart bag = 14 way divider
Stand bag = not so much

I just find it easier to work with a stand bag that has less dividers when trying to pull, clean and replace clubs while walking. The OCD in me loves a 14-way though.

I bought a Fusion 14 as well and it seems I struggle with them sitting all the way down all the time unless I stand the bag up vertically and shake it a bit...ugh.

I picked up a Fusion 14 as my range bag for my back up set, and have not been super pleased with the 14 way divider. For the first time ever I had my Arccos come off of 2 clubs. It is the tightest 14 way divider I have had (this is my 5th one). Love a lot of the features but like you have had to stand it up vertically to get clubs in and out.

I'm a fan of the dividers, the new 6 way I have clutters my bag. I'm looking into ways to divide the existing dividers to get a more organized feel for me.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

I picked up a Fusion 14 as my range bag for my back up set, and have not been super pleased with the 14 way divider. For the first time ever I had my Arccos come off of 2 clubs. It is the tightest 14 way divider I have had (this is my 5th one). Love a lot of the features but like you have had to stand it up vertically to get clubs in and out.
I love the idea of a 14 way in a stand bag as I have had then in all my cart bags but on the Fusion it is really frustrating. Anyone have success with something other than the Callaway?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I have the Titleist 14 way stand bag. It is awesome. Clubs slide in and out with ease.

I love my 14 way because I am ocd with the order my clubs are in that said it is awful for a putter grip larger than standard as well as if you are carrying more than 14 clubs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I love the idea of a 14 way in a stand bag as I have had then in all my cart bags but on the Fusion it is really frustrating. Anyone have success with something other than the Callaway?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I had a Sun Mountain 4.5 that worked well, but when I moved to a SuperStroke putter grip it got a bit trickier.

Back