Bethpage State Park Courses

marcv68

Gotta Love Sara No H
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi faithful THP community I have an opportunity to travel to the L.I. area and will be around this beautiful cluster of courses in mid April,15th to the 18th for an AAU travel baseball tourney for my nephew. Was gonna try and get on one of the bethpage courses and was lookin at the green. Just had a serious ankle injury and wont be tempting the Black unfortunately. Back to my question, is the green course any good or are the others better. Also, with spring just getting here what kinda shape is it in. Thanks all!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have not played there yet this season but I have heard it is in good condition. I have never played Green but all the other courses are great. My favorite course there is Red. All courses but Black allow carts. Depending on my work schedule I may be able to play 4/15 or 4/18.

Thanks Brian

Ankle is healing nicely thought I really did sumthin bad I mean my foot was BLACK. Thats waht I get for missing the last step goin down the basement with a full laundry basket

Black is still closed, opens April 17th, Red just opened this weekend, but unfortunately is not in good shape yet. Hopefully in a few weeks they all should be much better...Red or Black will cost quite a bit for out if state but for the Black obviously it's worth it :) weekends are packed get ready for a long wait...some of us are local maybe we can meet up

I've played the yellow, blue and green. All are in great shape considering its early spring. They're constantly working on the courses...I've heard the greens on the yellow were cut and rolled a week or two ago...I'm guessing the green and blue are going to be done soon as well if not already. Last week they were even cutting the fairways on the black. The biggest concern for you will be the aeration schedules. I'll try and snap a pick of the posted dates the next time I'm there.

I will be available that weekend unless anything comes up. They rolled the Green greens last weekend and are in great condition. The Yellow and Blue are also up and running as mentioned previously in this thread.
The front nine of the green is seems easier because of all the elevation changes on the back nine. I have not played the red yet since they just opened up last weekend and I did not want to wait in a 3 hour line to tee off. The front nine of the blue rivals the black course and has one of the toughest holes of all the courses.
The yellow is the easier of the five.
The green has a lot of elevation changes
The red is long, with some challenging holes, and some rewarding ones
The blue I feel is the real challenge before you hit the black.

I have work that weekend, but I could play on the 15th or 18th. Played 18 this Tuesday and made note of the aeration schedule.

yellow April 13-14 (although the 1st,9th and 10th holes looked like they were already done)
green April 4-5
Red April 11-13
blue April 18-19

Last edited:
Guessing no one is getting together for a round today.....Friday 4/15
Probably just play another course with my dad in the morning.

let me know if anyone wants to get a round in on Bethpage on Monday.

Back