The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear this Wake. Eff Cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a frieking CFO, have 40 years experience in accounting, finance and tax and I swear the frieking IRS is going to drive me nuts! I have no idea how a normal joe can do their taxes without a CPA.

Isn't that the point? If we made taxation simpler than a whole industry will be out of work.

Isn't that the point? If we made taxation simpler than a whole industry will be out of work.

That would probably be a good thing. :act-up: Agree though, but my point is I am a CPA and I'm confused at times. It has gotten way too complicated even for a professional whose done taxes for decades.

Just got a phone call that my grandfather has cancer. No real details yet. This is gonna suck

Sorry about this. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

My wife's car got hit while parked at work or the hair salon. Some people are just ridiculous. At least leave a note. What a joke!

My wife's car got hit while parked at work or the hair salon. Some people are just ridiculous. At least leave a note. What a joke!
Some dick head left a giant door ding in my wife's car at the grocery store about a month ago.

People are scumbags.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Some dick head left a giant door ding in my wife's car at the grocery store about a month ago.

People are scumbags.

I just can't understand the lack of common courtesy, decency and logic that is missing from this world.

Working with people that are terrible at their jobs... Rant over

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't understand the lack of common courtesy, decency and logic that is missing from this world.
Yep.

Now I've gotta go get it fixed so it doesn't rust it's pretty deep .

Sweet.

Yep.

Now I've gotta go get it fixed so it doesn't rust it's pretty deep .

Sweet.

That sucks.

Sorry to hear, Wake.

Thoughts and prayers Wake. Wishing for the best possible outcome

Thoughts for you and your family Wake.

EFF Cancer.

People are scumbags.

I give up figuring people put. I Park my new car a good 10 to 15 spots away from the rest of the lot.

I came out of Panera yesterday to see other cars parked close by the lot was getting full I get it.

As I'm getting in. I see this dimwitted woman pulls into the spot between me and another very new looking spot.

In the meantime there were at least 7 empty spots on the other side of me and about 4 or 5 straight across from me. But noooo, she has to squeeze in between us two. Of course she didn't do it on the first try either. Ha

I just stood waiting for her to get out as I was going to say something.

She stayed in her car for a good minute or two and I finally just stared at her and shook my head.

Are people that unaware of their surroundings. Maybe she saw two no e cars and thought hers would be safe.

I doubt it. I think it's just laziness and lack of thinking before parking. Maybe I'm different, but I never squeeze info a spot unless it's the only option.

I'm a frieking CFO, have 40 years experience in accounting, finance and tax and I swear the frieking IRS is going to drive me nuts! I have no idea how a normal joe can do their taxes without a CPA.

Always hire a pro - I just printed out the return my accountant prepared, I kid you not, 322 pages! I've got a lot of different irons in the fire but 322 pages is insane

I give up figuring people put. I Park my new car a good 10 to 15 spots away from the rest of the lot.

I came out of Panera yesterday to see other cars parked close by the lot was getting full I get it.

As I'm getting in. I see this dimwitted woman pulls into the spot between me and another very new looking spot.

In the meantime there were at least 7 empty spots on the other side of me and about 4 or 5 straight across from me. But noooo, she has to squeeze in between us two. Of course she didn't do it on the first try either. Ha

I just stood waiting for her to get out as I was going to say something.

She stayed in her car for a good minute or two and I finally just stared at her and shook my head.

Are people that unaware of their surroundings. Maybe she saw two no e cars and thought hers would be safe.

I doubt it. I think it's just laziness and lack of thinking before parking. Maybe I'm different, but I never squeeze info a spot unless it's the only option.
I honestly think some do it just to piss people off. I dunno if jts jealousy you an us vs them thing. The other day I came out of a restaurant and there was a new Vette and Mercedes parked way out, a 15 year old beat up Corolla had parked right between them.

I don't know if this is a rant per se but:

My wife is applying for a promotion at work next week. There is a bit of a "boy's club" in the area she works in and they have been known to hire buddies and not the most qualified so she is somewhere between anxious and hopeless and it is really hard to watch. She is one of two seniors in the department and they other senior only got promoted a couple years ago but he and the manager who is leaving (who is subsequently going to be promoted to manage his replacement) hang out a lot outside of work and it just feels like a precursor to a letdown. I don't think she is getting much sleep and honestly neither am I. I think I am more anxious about this then when I was working on a promotion 4 or 5 years ago. Her reviews have been really good for the past 2 or 3 years and they don't ever really tell her that she has to work on anything. I think she feels like if they haven't told her to work on anything, and then they pass her up to manage a department she has been in for 10 years (8 as a senior) that she just wont ever be able to do anything to move up. She knows we don't need the money and she isn't really doing it for the money so if she doesn't get the job it will be a pretty big hit to her self esteem rather than our wallet.

We both know that its not the end of the world if she doesn't get it...I just hate watching her go through this and I don't want her to feel inadequate when I know she is more qualified than the candidates I know are applying. She can do it, I am just afraid she might not get a fair shake and her ability, talent and knowledge wont be the reasons why they pass her up.

I honestly think some do it just to piss people off. I dunno if jts jealousy you an us vs them thing. The other day I came out of a restaurant and there was a new Vette and Mercedes parked way out, a 15 year old beat up Corolla had parked right between them.
unbelievable. I bet if either of those other car's owners had seen that, they would have flipped. People are jerks!!

I don't know if this is a rant per se but:

My wife is applying for a promotion at work next week. There is a bit of a "boy's club" in the area she works in and they have been known to hire buddies and not the most qualified so she is somewhere between anxious and hopeless and it is really hard to watch. She is one of two seniors in the department and they other senior only got promoted a couple years ago but he and the manager who is leaving (who is subsequently going to be promoted to manage his replacement) hang out a lot outside of work and it just feels like a precursor to a letdown. I don't think she is getting much sleep and honestly neither am I. I think I am more anxious about this then when I was working on a promotion 4 or 5 years ago. Her reviews have been really good for the past 2 or 3 years and they don't ever really tell her that she has to work on anything. I think she feels like if they haven't told her to work on anything, and then they pass her up to manage a department she has been in for 10 years (8 as a senior) that she just wont ever be able to do anything to move up. She knows we don't need the money and she isn't really doing it for the money so if she doesn't get the job it will be a pretty big hit to her self esteem rather than our wallet.

We both know that its not the end of the world if she doesn't get it...I just hate watching her go through this and I don't want her to feel inadequate when I know she is more qualified than the candidates I know are applying. She can do it, I am just afraid she might not get a fair shake and her ability, talent and knowledge wont be the reasons why they pass her up.
Postive thoughts going out here way Rancey. I can relate to that with Michelle in a way. She's the type that goes in keeps her head down, doesn't bs or waste time, and genuinely works hard for 8 hours. Others there are busy socializing and playing the look at me game, trying to do anything but their actual jobs to get noticed.

She's not up for any promotions or anything, but sometimes being the solid worker bee who gets overlooked and doesn't get any kudos from her boss gets old. Oddly enough she has gotten some very nice emails of thanks from people in other departments that she has helped out. That means a lot, when people you don't work with appreciate your efforts, even if those that you do work with don't.

Good luck to her, I know how hard it is to watch one you love stress.

Just paid the tax-man enough said

The nerve of the Vette driver

Just paid the tax-man enough said

I don't pay the IRS until the last possible day in August.

Piss on those guys.

Bosses. We get it you're in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back