Lynx Black Cat Hybrid Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I know it’s not a ‘big’ brand, but I appreciate those who take the time to give this one a read.

If you go by pure numbers, it actually outperformed my 410’s, that was a bit eye opening. But, it’s a look and profile that I’m not sure still resonates with people, a few years ago in the ‘rescue’ era, definitely, but this one now stands out in a sea of square toed hybrids.

Little bump.

Lynx Black Cat Hybrid Review

LOVE the shape of that hybrid. It reminds me more of a mini fairway than it does hybrid, which makes me think it's easy to hit straight up in the air.

Last edited:
It has a small fairway wood appearance and is like a 7 wood or 9 wood just marketed as a hybrid as they sell better than higher number fw's. If the numbers work, they don't look bad at all and I would give them a try. Lynx really needs to impress because they are battling against companies like Ben Hogan with their business model

Nice write-up @Jman. Definitely reminds me of hybrids from days past. I am all for having more options for consumers. Especially at that price point. You mentioned that it had some draw bias. I know through the years that has been a common "knock" on the hybrid design. Whether it was a club or a players tendency to swing it like a wood and not an iron, I don't know what caused it. Did you find that you were having to compensate for it quite a bit? Were they hooking well left of target?

It has a small fairway wood appearance and is like a 7 wood or 9 wood just marketed as a hybrid as they sell better than higher number fw's. If the numbers work, they don't look bad at all and I would give them a try. Lynx really needs to impress because they are battling against companies like Ben Hogan with their business model

It very much reminded me of an old school late 90's early 2000's 7w.

LOVE the shape of that hybrid. It reminds me more of a mini fairway than it does hybrid, which makes me think it's easy to hit straight up in the air.

Unrelated.. Blat cat? Or black cat?

Haha, I didn’t make this thread!

@JB

Bump on a Saturday morning while people are kicked back enjoying their morning beverages and want something to read!

Link is in the OP!

Nice write up JMan. It looks like it would be more of a 7w/9w replacement than an iron replacement. At least that’s how I would treat it

Nice write up JMan. It looks like it would be more of a 7w/9w replacement than an iron replacement. At least that’s how I would treat it

Thank you!

I think it’s a fair assessment. The look is just so “rescue” throwback that it looks huge compared to what hybrids have become.

Nice write up JMan! I know they’re not for everyone, but I’m a fan of the distance oriented hybrids, and one that will hold a green is definitely something I’d give a look at.

I agree that mimicking the look of the fairway, without the adjustability may not have been the best design choice, it looks a bit gimmicky to me. Still though, this is something I’d consider playing.

Looks good from the playing position, bright green sole / head cover are probably polarizing though.

Is Lynx UK only?

Dave

Looks good from the playing position, bright green sole / head cover are probably polarizing though.

Is Lynx UK only?

Dave

Not UK only for long. Release in the US should happen in the near future.

Other Lynx stuff got bumped so I figure why not this one too. :p

I love the shape...so ready for hybrids that don't have the squared toe to come back. But the draw bias is death for me.

A $190 hybrid seems insane for a company trying to find a place in the market.

There are plenty of offerings from established companies at or below that price point. I think when money is equal almost everybody would choose something from a known company over one that may not exist in a year.

Of course, I’ve never paid $190 for any club and won’t any time soon so my thoughts may not be terribly valid here.

There are plenty of offerings from established companies at or below that price point. I think when money is equal almost everybody would choose something from a known company over one that may not exist in a year.

Of course, I’ve never paid $190 for any club and won’t any time soon so my thoughts may not be terribly valid here.
But, truth is they price cheaper then the argument becomes they must not be any good. We have Seen it happen with releases all the time.

But, truth is they price cheaper then the argument becomes they must not be any good. We have Seen it happen with releases all the time.

Maybe. I think there’s opportunity there, though. Something around the Tour Edge HL4 range, or even a little above would seem (to me) like a real club, but at a decent price.

I really like how this one looks at address. I wish I could find somewhere to check them out in person

Back