2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

Really surprised about all the rave reviews about the Mizuno. Wasn't quite expecting that.

Great stuff everyone. I know it can be hard to play and update unless your name is WarEagle but well done on keeping us in the loop with the photos and thoughts.

I might have missed it, but wondering what people thought of the TEE on the course as on the range people seemed to like it?

Its a fun driver and I saw several people hit it high and far

Reminder, be at the course early today so that we can do the Evolve Golf Contest.

Just bumping this as a reminder. We need everybody to the range early please. Thank you.

Wow what a thread! Just finished catching up on yesterday. So much fun, the on course updates were great and the contests were very cool. And the new measurement of wardy's had me laughing.

As far as the clubs, it seems like the XR16 and M1 getting a lot of love, and the surprising Mizuno. One thing I'm not sure if I missed or not but is there a clear least liked driver in the whole bunch?

The M2 just isn't for me. Some people really hit it well. I'm just not one of them.

Interestingly, I pounded the M1.

Wow what a thread! Just finished catching up on yesterday. So much fun, the on course updates were great and the contests were very cool. And the new measurement of wardy's had me laughing.

As far as the clubs, it seems like the XR16 and M1 getting a lot of love, and the surprising Mizuno. One thing I'm not sure if I missed or not but is there a clear least liked driver in the whole bunch?
The thing is... there really wasn't any club that everyone hated. The designs of the clubs really showed through. There was something for everyone. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder

The thing is... there really wasn't any club that everyone hated. The designs of the clubs really showed through. There was something for everyone. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder

This is a really really good point. There are some that fit the masses better, and some that don't, but there are lots of really good clubs.

Have a another great day everyone. I look forward to following along again today. The main impression I have so far is that most of the hyped drivers are performing as expected but there are also some surprises. For myself I am looking at M1/M2, XR16/GBB, G/LS Tech. I wouldn't say any of the feedback so far has changed my thinking on those. I am also intrigued by Cobra's offerings with LTD/F6/+, but the feedback on these seems a little harder to sort out.

This is a really really good point. There are some that fit the masses better, and some that don't, but there are lots of really good clubs.
We definitely saw some clubs that a select group hit well, but there were a handful like 355 and xr16 (I'm sure there were more) that majority hit really well

Not a single bad club here. Some prefer certain ones for various reasons but every driver here fits it's segment of golfers very well. It is a great time to be into golf equipment with all of the great offerings out there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

8712b06177ba30263ffb217e580fe1dc.jpg

This drive in though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M2 and I are having issues. It won't get invited to pound town.

I thought you might like this driver

Nike Vapor Fly is a sleeper. Really surprised by it. Large face, lighter weight head, and super smooth during the swing.

Launches mid-high for me, and typically being a low ball hitter off the tee, I like how this one steadily climbs up there.

Solid distance, getting it around 250-260 yards.
Nike drivers have impressed me as of late.

The M1 is without a doubt a better driver than the M2.

It's almost like TaylorMade went back with their technology releasing the M2

Second tee shot, hit the M1, slightly off the toe but down the middle of the fairway.

Better forgiveness? Sound? I liked the M2 when I hit last weekend.

Really surprised about all the rave reviews about the Mizuno. Wasn't quite expecting that.

One thing I have learned on THP, expect the unexpected.

The M2 just isn't for me. Some people really hit it well. I'm just not one of them.

Interestingly, I pounded the M1.
#Testify

Just a head's up to those headed to the course. There are some road closed signs right at the entrance. Maintenance work on road.

You'll likely have to go through the road closed signs to get to the gate. I couldn't figure out another way.

Fight the Power!

Just had a guy stop me in McDonald's and where we playing today. He then began gushing about Conservatory. This is gonna be so awesome

Just had a guy stop me in McDonald's and where we playing today. He then began gushing about Conservatory. This is gonna be so awesome
It was really nice on Thursday. I think you'll like it.

Note to self, don't hit low irons while warming up, it huets

One thing I have learned on THP, expect the unexpected.

...and that by far is a great statement. Without club clash a drive that some would overlook now have it in the back of their minds to give it a try.

...and that by far is a great statement. Without club clash a drive that some would overlook now have it in the back of their minds to give it a try.

Not only that but all the eyes we don't see that are looking for info will see their thoughts.

After the first two days of following along. I totally expected some of the results I'm reading based on forum feed back so far in 2016. The Mizuno offering is a bit of a shock, the 355 love is interesting too. It seems like to me that the 355 is stealing the show as a sleeper. It works well across the Handicap spectrum.
I agree with this, espeically the thought on the 355. We have these at the course as part of our 355 Rental Sets. I'm going to grab one and hit the range with it this week.

Apparently my GPS doesn't know how to get to the golf course. It is taking me all over the area and I keep coming up to dead ends and closed roads.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

6d092e665cce324ac44d68c66cb56af5.jpg

Doing the Evolve Golf long drive contest this morning.

Long AND straight is the key.

Back