Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both felt the same. It was all in the looks for me. Which is odd because I'm a fan of the VLine Fang shape and the X5R is similar to that.

Yeah I was getting a few for them earlier today at Golf Mart and noticed the X5R looks to be the same exact depth as the V-Line Fang. The difference in weight felt substantial, which I like.

Yeah I was getting a few for them earlier today at Golf Mart and noticed the X5R looks to be the same exact depth as the V-Line Fang. The difference in weight felt substantial, which I like.

Plus I like the alignment aid of the X5R as opposed to the V Line Fang. Something about the three dots on top is annoying lol

I can't hit my hybrid at all, but my long irons are fine. I am thinking about getting a apex 3 iron or a Apex UT. Which one would be more forgiving?

I can't hit my hybrid at all, but my long irons are fine. I am thinking about getting a apex 3 iron or a Apex UT. Which one would be more forgiving?

Hello fellow lefty! You got me curious. The vast majority of golfers find hybrids much easier to hit and more forgiving than long irons. Is it *your* hybrid or any hybrid you have trouble hitting? (I do realize as a lefty you may not have many opportunities to hit other hybrids.) What is the common miss you have with hybrids? Depending on your answers maybe there is another option for you.

As for me, I've seen many recent reviewers raving about the Callaway Apex hybrids, so I took a few swings with one at Golfsmith the other day. Really had a solid feel. I may have to go back and take some swings on the launch monitor.

Hello fellow lefty! You got me curious. The vast majority of golfers find hybrids much easier to hit and more forgiving than long irons. Is it *your* hybrid or any hybrid you have trouble hitting? (I do realize as a lefty you may not have many opportunities to hit other hybrids.) What is the common miss you have with hybrids? Depending on your answers maybe there is another option for you.

As for me, I've seen many recent reviewers raving about the Callaway Apex hybrids, so I took a few swings with one at Golfsmith the other day. Really had a solid feel. I may have to go back and take some swings on the launch monitor.
Basically, I am all over the place with hybrids and woods, I could be 50 yards left right or short. With irons I can be short some times, but rarely more than 10-15 yards offline

Basically, I am all over the place with hybrids and woods, I could be 50 yards left right or short. With irons I can be short some times, but rarely more than 10-15 yards offline

I'm with you on that Marty. I can't get along with any hybrids. Got an X2Hot 4h in the bag now, and I'd rather choke up on my Heavenwood if I could. based on the shot.

Of course, that being said... I'm eying an Altitude/MT set on eBay right now, 4&5 are Altitudes and the rest are MTs, all with graphite shafts. Also looking at an X Hot set too, same thing - 4&5 would be hybo and the rest are irons, with graphites. Both sets are $175 or less.

I'm with you on that Marty. I can't get along with any hybrids. Got an X2Hot 4h in the bag now, and I'd rather choke up on my Heavenwood if I could. based on the shot.

Of course, that being said... I'm eying an Altitude/MT set on eBay right now, 4&5 are Altitudes and the rest are MTs, all with graphite shafts. Also looking at an X Hot set too, same thing - 4&5 would be hybo and the rest are irons, with graphites. Both sets are $175 or less.

Of those sets, I like the MT/Altitudes better. I think you'd like that setup, russ.

Of those sets, I like the MT/Altitudes better. I think you'd like that setup, russ.

Based on everyone's raves reviews of that whole line, I think I would too. And at the price it's going for, it'd be easy to turn around if I find that they don't work for me. After my range sessions so far and some time I spent hitting various clubs at Golfsmith, I think I need to get off my butt and just go graphite.

Pondering 2 more Vokey SM6 wedges and some irons to finish off my bag (for now ). Need to figure out a few trades/moves to make that happen cost effectively.

I am pondering EVERY driver on the market today!

Pondering 2 more Vokey SM6 wedges and some irons to finish off my bag (for now ). Need to figure out a few trades/moves to make that happen cost effectively.

MP-H5? Those will be fun.

This weekend I hope I DONT ponder anymore drivers with all the feedback that's coming

MP-H5? Those will be fun.

Those are the front runner for sure! I did find a sweet deal on some 714 AP2's though that's tempting as well.

Marty meet Heavenwood. Ditch the Hybrid and snag a Heavenwood.

Based on everyone's raves reviews of that whole line, I think I would too. And at the price it's going for, it'd be easy to turn around if I find that they don't work for me. After my range sessions so far and some time I spent hitting various clubs at Golfsmith, I think I need to get off my butt and just go graphite.

Dude, 4&5 in Altitude is what I am playing, and it just straight up works. Embrace them.

Marty meet Heavenwood. Ditch the Hybrid and snag a Heavenwood.

the only thing I hit worse than my hybrid is my fairway wood... so I don't think this is the way to go for me. do they even make them for lefties?

the only thing I hit worse than my hybrid is my fairway wood... so I don't think this is the way to go for me. do they even make them for lefties?

They did make the V series HW for lefties. I used to dread fairways as well - the Heavenwood changed that. Worth a shot.

This weekend I hope I DONT ponder anymore drivers with all the feedback that's coming
Yuuup haha, me too. I'm at over a year with my current driver head, I think that's some kind of record!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I loved my MT set (they're still sitting in my shed as a backup set) but mine go 3/4 Altitude (graphite), 5-GW MT (steel). I bet you'd like them, but they may be shorter than the D100's.

I was the same way man. Hybrids used to be good for me, they went to crap. Fairway wood was mediocre for me. Heavenwood changed that. I don't know what it is, but that 7 wood head just does it for me. I have never hit better shots from the fairway than I have with my Heavenwood.

Who knows, it may not work for you, but it could be a fairly cheap experiment.

I loved my MT set (they're still sitting in my shed as a backup set) but mine go 3/4 Altitude (graphite), 5-GW MT (steel). I bet you'd like them, but they may be shorter than the D100's.

If I can get a bit more iron height & consistency without breaking the bank, I'll be happy. Plus the move to the 55g graphites may pay off with distance. Cheap enough experiment to try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back