2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

An interesting thought from hitting many different designs from different oems. How much of the numbers are affected by visual preference? I found myself swinging more confidently with some over others and it shows in the numbers
I think some set up at address with more confidence than others. I dont really have a preference as far visuals go, but some seemed to set up quicker than than others. There were a few I never got comfy with.

An interesting thought from hitting many different designs from different oems. How much of the numbers are affected by visual preference? I found myself swinging more confidently with some over others and it shows in the numbers

Some yes, some no. To me, confidence can go either way. The Wilson stuff looked good so I felt like I had no excuse to hit it poorly. The G line I didn't care for visually/audibly, but it had one of the better ball speeds recorded so the rest becomes trivial when you're noticeably longer than the rest. That gains more confidence than the looks, for me.

I didn't find the setup to affect my confidence one way or the other. Some took some getting adjusted to while hitting off to the side but that was about it.

One of the biggest surprises of the day was how well I was hitting regular flexed drivers. My ball speed typically stayed between 155 and 162, and I never would have imagined a regular flexed driver would have worked for me. That is an option I will have to explore further.

The biggest surprises driver wise for me was Cobra Max, Srixon Z355, and TEE EX9

aeff53ec0671b4addd7a06009c02c38f.jpg

Morning ocean course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the biggest surprises of the day was how well I was hitting regular flexed drivers. My ball speed typically stayed between 155 and 162, and I never would have imagined a regular flexed driver would have worked for me. That is an option I will have to explore further.

The biggest surprises driver wise for me was Cobra Max, Srixon Z355, and TEE EX9

How was your dispersion with the reg flex vs stiff?

How was your dispersion with the reg flex vs stiff?
Not noticeably larger for sure. It seemed to actually be tighter, but they may have been influenced by my expectations going in, I expected it to be all over the place. I'll get better feedback on that today.

The 355 seems to be a big hit or a miss for folks based on the other thread. I think the tech with the heavy head and high balance point does work though, I saw higher swing speeds when I tried it out.

The 355 seems to be a big hit or a miss for folks based on the other thread. I think the tech with the heavy head and high balance point does work though, I saw higher swing speeds when I tried it out.
I'll have to check back to my card, but I don't recall increased ball speed on the good shots, what I did see was solid ball speed and distance on poor shots with the Z355. I had a 260 yard carry drop kick, that was cool.

Glad to see the TEE getting some love. After reading this and the data thread, I really need to do a fitting.

The thing that caught my attention with the 355 was the spin I got. 3500/3600. Everything else was good though

4ee3c1f4a882a839bbd9e31102a49de6.jpg

Good spin and launch, I just not getting it off the center. This is a heel hit.

When you arrive at the range, find the cart where GG and I are and pick up your golf balls.

This doesn't suck :)
49dd1cc7784d76f8e9a32f6153ac8ff6.jpg
5f7bbbbef974a9133708cf9e758c4c44.jpg
eb86996f4f839b69e048ff3ba7e56a18.jpg

I know we're not supposed to mention the weather. But this is worth noting.

We were scheduled for like a 350% chance of rain today. Instead, it's sunny and we'll maybe catch a little.

The magic of a THP event.

I definitely liked the look of some clubs over others, which translated to confidence and less swing thoughts.

I'm also pretty sensitive to how closed I think the clubhead sets up. I prefer a square or neutral look at address.

I've always wondered if these things affect my numbers.

Keep in mind, this is not an easy to question to get an answer for under normal circumstances. The driver testing yesterday was a huge eye opener for me in many ways. Because of Club Clash, I have my answer:

The look and how the club sits at address DO NOT affect me. Two of my top performers were the Bridgestone JGR and the Mizuno JPX-EZ. These clubs both look like they have tribal tattoos on top and the Mizuno sets up very closed. Case closed (for me).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The thing that caught my attention with the 355 was the spin I got. 3500/3600. Everything else was good though
Eddie, THAT ISN'T HIGH SPIN!!!!

I know we're not supposed to mention the weather. But this is worth noting.

We were scheduled for like a 350% chance of rain today. Instead, it's sunny and we'll maybe catch a little.

The magic of a THP event.

Im off the hook!!!! Paging 441.

I think I hear this a few times a year. Reg flex works for most. Glad you're having a good time and learning something new!

697125c20a074b8e48fc2a1f75447894.jpg

Time for some scripting

Have fun guys leaving Florida this morning from Orlando kinda windy but not bad here.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Great pics, looking forward to following along today.

f4eb468fbf59a4ac0d5a94a62c10cf44.jpg

Not too shabby of a Saturday.

Back