For driver, I'd suggest heading to a store and trying a bunch of different models. There are still a lot of used clubs as well as previous year's models out there. But I've found more than any club (maybe except fairway) the driver just "clicks" or doesn't.

Callaway preowned and get a newer release big Bertha

The XR driver from Callaway is one of the most forgiving and longest drivers available. You should be able to get ahold of one of those from the Callaway Pre-Owned website in like new condition for an affordable price. If you're looking to save some money.

If you have a store near you go hit a bunch of them. Drivers are as much about the head as the shaft, so getting something you like, works, and can grow with you is important. Everyone has their favorites, I am a TMAG guy, but if Cobra works for you - hit iT! :)

My first driver

Cobra fly z. Can get them for stupid cheap and they are really good. But like others have said l, go out and hit a bunch if u can. That is the best way to find out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit a bunch, buy used. You'll probably be influenced by the crowd here and change drivers anywhere from 4 to 200 times.

You'll probably be influenced by the crowd here and change drivers anywhere from 4 to 200 times.

Gross under estimation. :act-up:

The driver is such a personal club, maybe as much as the putter. The best thing to do is hit as many as you can and choose one that you bond with.

Cobra King F6 driver. Good price and easy to hit. Give on a go.

New golfer buying your first driver? See if you can find a 2015 model Cobra Fly-Z XL. Stupid easy to hit, and even has a slightly offset head. And they're going cheap right now. I'd get it in 11.5 degrees in the R-flex. You'll need the loft. $179. I know you can order it direct from Cobra.

Or the standard Cobra Fly-Z. Set it in 11.5 degrees, D. same price. No offset in this one. $179.

I would not buy one of this years models. They're too expensive.

I would say the same as everyone has already, you need to head in to a golf shop and hit quite a few to find one you like. Don't be afraid to try a few of the "older" ( 2-3 year old) models, they will offer you a lot of bang for the buck.

I would say the same as everyone has already, you need to head in to a golf shop and hit quite a few to find one you like. Don't be afraid to try a few of the "older" ( 2-3 year old) models, they will offer you a lot of bang for the buck.
I just picked up an older Ping G20, that, so far, I really like.

Back