Best Sunday bag (single strap)

sfdoddsy

Reaction score
Handicap
I used to walk every round, but age, sloth and foot issues mean I now usually ride.

As a result, after 10 years I have finally replaced my Ogio Sticks bag with a larger more cart friendly unit (Molhimawk Swag).

However, there are occasions I want to walk. Usually for 9 hole practices.

i did so today and the new bag plus 14 clubs plus a few spare clubs plus 'stuff'' was a bit more than my aging limbs like.

My Sticks is fallng to pieces, but in any case I'd like something even lighter.

I don't need to fit 14 clubs since I don't use my wedges or putter in practice rounds.

8-10 is fine.

Only needs to hold 6 or so balls, some tees, a phone and ciggies.

Doesn't have to have a stand either, although that may be a mistake.

Must be single strap.

so what is the latest and greatest, or classic and coolest?

I have read some great reviews of the Titleist Sunday bag. Although I don't think I could fork out 70ish bucks for a bag I would rarely use, if it's your main bag it's a steal.

Ooooh.... forgot about those. probably 'cause I'm a poor college kid. Jones bags are really nice. Nothing like leather.

What constitutes "best" will be always be subjective; however within the States MacKenzie and Eliott are very much among the top shelf, bags that can (and will) last a decade or more with nominal care. Jones makes a nice bag as well.

A 7" - 8" od bag works great for a minimalist set (7-9 clubs) & can swallow a full set, less bag chatter with a small bag.

Suggest checking each company's website (pretty certain MacKenzie & Eliott will ship to OZ) as well as Ebay, you might just fall into a gem of a bag.

For this season, I'm going the minimalist route, & the smaller bags are great. Feel free to pm me w/ any questions.

Best wishes for a great season.

I have a Ping Moon bag which is great for a 'light round'.

It's not a single strap but I picked up a Sun Mountain Sunday X-strap. Haven't used it yet but I like the construction and price (I got it for <$40 US).

is_main.jpg

Back