FootJoy FreeStyle

Absolutley love these shoes. They are comfortable and grip extremely well during the swing. I am going to get a second pair in the BOA.

Love the Boa. I am hoping these get discounted the end of the year so I can pick up another pair or 2. I REALLY like the Pumas I have, but these are my favorite this year.

Just got back from an hour and a half at the range, these were pretty dang comfortable. Thinking about taking them out when I walk 18 on Saturday.

The 10W is the right size for me, which is funny because I wear an 11 in Puma but I never could find 10.5W in either of the Ignites. I have wide flat feet and pretty much no arches and found these to fit well and also provide a ton of grip.

Love the Boa and the loop at the back of the shoe to help get your feet in. Will report back on how these treat my dogs after walking 18 in them.

I have wide flat feet also and these are just money. I would wear them to work without the spikes if I could. Would love a second pair but the wife would kill me lol. I'll wait for a price drop and swoop in.

Went to Golfsmith yesterday on my way home cause the weather sucked once again. I wasn't looking to buy anything but as I was walking around the store I remembered that the Freestyles are in so gave them a whirl. I'm a big fan of the M:project shoes and thought they were comfortable but the JF Freestyle blows them right out of the water. I could not believe how great they felt. I rarely pay full price for ANY equipment let alone shoes, but bought a pair in black on the spot! I have a birthday coming and figured WTH, right?

Now I just have to hope it warms up like the forecast says so I can try them out this weekend :snowman:

I have played a few rounds in these and absolutely love them! I have had almost every brand of shoe out there and these are just a slam dunk.

Tried these on yesterday and holy smokes... they feel amazing.

Agreed. These shoes rock. Bought a pair in white, walked one round and ordered another pair (black) before I even putted out on 18.

I have played a few rounds in these and absolutely love them! I have had almost every brand of shoe out there and these are just a slam dunk.
They look pretty good as well!

After having made fun of the price of these earlier in the thread, I feel it's only right to confess that I've been thinking about giving them a try. I'm going to try to walk more this year, so I want something really comfortable.

After having made fun of the price of these earlier in the thread, I feel it's only right to confess that I've been thinking about giving them a try. I'm going to try to walk more this year, so I want something really comfortable.

It is the most I have spent on shoes of any kind in quite a while, but man, I really like these shoes. Have a couple rounds in them and the 2nd round was more comfortable than the 1st one. I will definitely be getting another pair later this year, but I will say it again, make sure you find the right size on them, it is way different than other brands currently out there, at least for my fred flintsone feet.

These shoes are absolutely freaking magical on my feet. They fit so well and are so comfortable right out of the box it took all my willpower not to walk out with one of each color. When they finally come down in price I guarantee I will be buying a pair or two. If you struggle to find comfortable golf shoes like I do you've got to give these a try!

My only complaint is that I don't like the look of the toe from the top down as I find it's a little too busy for my liking, but still much nicer than the compost heap that the Lunar Control line has deteriorated into.

Got close to 10 rounds on these now. Got the white and blue pair on the way as well!!

I wear the hyperflex and really like them. I tried the Freestyle shoes on at GolfSmith and I was blown away with how comfortable they are. I think I will be getting a pair soon.

FootJoy FreeStyle

So these Freestyle...seems like almost everyone willing to put them on, love their feel. I don't care for any of the colorways but the white. I need to try these.

I kind of had my mind made up on the puma ignite spikeless, but need to try these first.

I like the look of the grey ones, but also loving my cardiffs right now. Will have to see

I want some of these so badly! Sooo comfortable when I tried them on.

I want some of these so badly! Sooo comfortable when I tried them on.

I'm right there with you. I can't justify the expense right now, but I tried these on a few days ago and saying that it was like walking on a cushion doesn't quite do it justice. I'm definitely going to own a pair at some point.

I really can't put into words the comfort, except for the fact that I regret having to put on my tennis shoes when my round is done. I would put off other equipment purchases to buy these if that's what it came down to. Your feet will thank you, I have about 15 rounds in on them and 5 of those are walking and they are the best golf purchase I've made this year. Try them on though, sizing is a little wonky.

I really can't put into words the comfort, except for the fact that I regret having to put on my tennis shoes when my round is done. I would put off other equipment purchases to buy these if that's what it came down to. Your feet will thank you, I have about 15 rounds in on them and 5 of those are walking and they are the best golf purchase I've made this year. Try them on though, sizing is a little wonky.

I have to fully agree with this!! The comfort is top notch!! I love my Freestyles and Hyperflex shoes!

so after bashing fj in the versalux preview, i tried the freestyle with boa today and i'm eating my words because this will be my next shoe. so comfortable, great looking. pretty pricey, though.

so after bashing fj in the versalux preview, i tried the freestyle with boa today and i'm eating my words because this will be my next shoe. so comfortable, great looking. pretty pricey, though.

very comfortably. I was like you, reluctant to try on, and then wow'd once I did. Just need the price to drop.

very comfortably. I was like you, reluctant to try on, and then wow'd once I did. Just need the price to drop.

my first time trying the boa tech and it's pretty freaking cool. but getting up on $200 is pretty tough to swallow.

my first time trying the boa tech and it's pretty freaking cool. but getting up on $200 is pretty tough to swallow.

Yeah, it is pretty crazy but I don't regret spending the dough on them. Super comfy and easy to get the fit right with the BOA.

I am waiting to the end of the year and then going to buy at least another pair if they go on sale.

Because of some credit, I was able to pick up a pair of these for about $85 about a week ago. So far, I am loving them. I got the white/gray/blue ones and don't hate the look. I could probably live without the huge FJ on the side, and they are a little wider looking near the end of the toe than I thought, but nothing that really bothers me. Plus, they are so comfortable that I'm more than willing to deal with a shoe that might not have the exact look I'd choose if I had an unlimited shoe budget. In fact, if they made these in a spikeless version, I'd almost definitely buy a pair to wear around all the time. They are easily the most comfortable shoe of any kind that I own.

For anyone interested in sizing, I have a really narrow foot (narrow heel in particular) and usually wear a 10.5 or 11. I have the laces (non-BOA) version in a 10 and it fits perfectly. I haven't had any heel slipping issues at all.

I spent years avoiding BOA on the FJ shoes (although I love the tech in my snowboard boots).

Got a pair of Hyperflexes with BOA and swore that I'd never get another shoe without.

Picked up Freestyles this year with BOA and love them. So comfortable and it's so easy on/off and even mid round adjustments.

Picked up a pair of these last night (white/grey). Based on trying them on and walking around for a bit, they are incredibly comfortable. I think they look a ton better in person also... and they have some pretty cool tech in them. Can't wait to get a few rounds in with them.

Back