Arby's Megetables

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Arby's, being the meat place, is making consumers look at vegetables in a whole new way.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...g-meats-to-vegetables-with-marrot/1554297001/

Though plant-based protein has been hot in the news, fast food restaurant chain Arby’s is bucking the trend.

Instead of adding vegetarian equivalents in their menu, the company went further to prove Arby's has "the meats" by announcing Wednesday that it is developing meat-based dishes that look like plants, aiming at carnivores who also desire vegetables.

“It's kind of a way of creating something for people who like proteins more than liking vegetables to ease into the vegetable community and kind of enjoy vegetables without having to eat them,” said Neville Craw, Arby's executive chef.

Its first product to sprout is called the “Marrot,” which looks like carrots but is made of marinated turkey breast. The dish contains Vitamin A, like a real carrot, and 30 grams of animal protein, according to the company.

Beyond Meat: The company introduces new, meatier plant-based burger
Plant-based test: How plant-based stacks up versus animal-based meats

6b0a332b-224d-4f5a-b566-646354203e4d-Marrot_9.jpg

Say hello to “Marrot”. (Photo: Arby's)

While the “Megetable” series has been under development since April, they are not available to customers yet, according to Jim Taylor, Arby’s chief marketing officer. He said the company doesn't have a definitive timeline but is working to test it in some locations.

“We're still working through all of the hurdles that our products need to pass before they get into a restaurant for test,” he said.

The company said it has a few ideas about what's next but is yet to pursue a prototype like the "Marrot."

Burger King:It plans to release plant-based Impossible Whopper nationwide by end of year

6fd35f09-32e8-4134-aa1a-0d550309a719-marrot_.jpg

It contains Vitamin A and 30 grams of protein. (Photo: Arby's)

Despite the vegetarian protein trend, Arby’s said it won’t launch meatless options like other food chains. In fact, Arby’s said the new series being developed is the company’s response to meat-free proteins, which has caused a growing movement in restaurant chains across the country.

Taylor said, “I think part of what is in our DNA as a brand is to continue to find surprising, delicious ways for people to enjoy a real, high-quality meat.”

Meanwhile, Burger King said it plans to release plant-based Impossible Whopper nationwide by the end of this year while QDOBA Mexican Eats has added Impossible Burger to its more than 730 locations nationwide.

And Del Taco unveiled its new meatless tacos on April 25. The products it is selling are made by Beyond Meat, which went public in May and recently launched a new, meatier version of its flagship burger.

I’m ready for veggies now.

Hard pass....

Just give me the real veggies

This makes me so sad that all the Arby's are gone in Calgary.
Now I want a dirty cheese melt and some mall food court sushi.

Really not sure the purpose. Meat looking like meat looks just fine.

Arby's has and always will be #Blacklisted

Really not sure the purpose. Meat looking like meat looks just fine.

I think it's a hilarious middle finger to the beyond burger and impossible burger. Trying to make veggies taste/feel/smell like meat rather than letting your veggies shine as they are is a concept that makes me scratch my head. Having sampled the beyond burger (impossible isn't available up here), I will say that it is a good sandwich but is definitely not meat. I understand all the climate goals and other factors leading to the desire to replace meat in burgers, but for me, if I want a burger I will eat a burger, and if I want a veggie sandwich, I will make a nice veggie sandwich.

I first read that as "Mega tables" and was truly curious.

I hope they spin it as some kind of joke. If not yikes!! that is the stupidest thing I have heard today. While an Arbys roast beef sandwich is okay in a pinch the beef is pretty bad. Why don't you improve your main product and quit making turkey look like a carrot.

Silly bastages

+1 for creativity!

So, this is it?! The best America can do, folks?! Can't cure cancer! Can't cure the common cold! But, we can make a Frankenstein cartoon carrot out of meat!

I think it's a hilarious middle finger to the beyond burger and impossible burger. Trying to make veggies taste/feel/smell like meat rather than letting your veggies shine as they are is a concept that makes me scratch my head. Having sampled the beyond burger (impossible isn't available up here), I will say that it is a good sandwich but is definitely not meat. I understand all the climate goals and other factors leading to the desire to replace meat in burgers, but for me, if I want a burger I will eat a burger, and if I want a veggie sandwich, I will make a nice veggie sandwich.
I couldn't agree more with this!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So, this is it?! The best America can do, folks?! Can't cure cancer! Can't cure the common cold! But, we can make a Frankenstein cartoon carrot out of meat!
There's far more money in treating cancer than curing it. But that's for another thread.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Uh...that might be the weirdest thing I've seen.

Is it April 1st again already? That has to be a joke. It's one of the worst things I have ever seen.

I haven't eaten at Arby's in about 10 years, I don't think I will again.

Uh...that might be the weirdest thing I've seen.
Is this the opposite of giving your kids V8 juice to try to sneak vegetables into their system? I just don't get the logic behind it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

While an Arbys roast beef sandwich is okay in a pinch the beef is pretty bad. Why don't you improve your main product and quit making turkey look like a carrot.

Agreed.

Back