Cobra’s DBM Finish (photos)

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.5
There has been quite a bit written and discussed on the forum regarding black finish on irons and wedges. I believe it is beyond dispute empirically that Cobra’s DBM (Diamonized Black Metal) finish is the most durable available on the market. Yet, we continue to see posts that claim it is marketing hype. Here is a photo of my King Black 60 degree wedge that I received in late February for the Morgan Cup. It looks amazing. Truly. I would love to see THPers post photos Cobra clubs with the DBM treatment and photos of other black finish clubs. I think it would help the community see the various options.
f5f1742c4f0aa2fd441061cd0e180e68.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the post.

How much of that is dirt vs. marring?

There is a little grass in the grooves, no dirt. It really is not much marring. In my opinion, the wedge looks amazing.

Will be interesting to see other pictures posted and compare

i’ll try to pop in here with some pics, though i can’t compare to any other black finishes in my possession.

my 56 looks the worst, and it’s still not awful. the irons looks incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I will post a picture of a Hogan Equalizer Black wedge tomorrow. The DBM finish on it is awesome even after using them a lot in the 3 or 4 weeks I have had them.

I'll post some pictures of my King Black wedges compared to the black finish on my Cleveland RTX 3s. Very noticeable difference.

I will try to get pictures up this evening of my Cobra Forged Tec Black irons.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ef22dcc38c976b83763443d12f8cb9ba.jpg

Another photo of my King Black 58 degree wide low. This is in direct sunlight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tried to get the lighting right so the flash did not distort it. Below are my PW and 8 iron as Arccos says they are getting the most use (since I switched to the MIM wedges).
PW:
7b92df63caed6ec614cb7600fdc5146f.jpg

8 iron:
111f5a2a734b2d7aaa9c309753b60906.jpg

How many rounds are we looking at?

Some of these guys have used these irons/wedges since last April.
The rounds may vary but I can also chime in and say that DBM has been amazing.
My 56 OL wedge had the worst wear due to practicing bunker shots but it's nothing as bad as typical finishes.

7 iron and PW. I hit both of these clubs the most. I would say 50% of that is chatter.
baf3e38002795cace06d0c25e4ffeac5.jpg
7e163d6bd1b68e847d7052a30eeef5a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

For me, I believe the count is around 30 rounds and hitting the driving range on average twice a week.

(since someone mentioned chatter I should probably add that I baby my irons with headcovers... Grab the pitchforks)

Back