Golfer lengthens his driver shaft!

OnePuttLarry

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Wanted to share this story as I had read on another forum that a golfer had lengthened his driver shaft hoping for more distance with his drives. Thought his idea was interesting, so shared my story. When Black Rock Golf first introduced their Killer Bee driver on TV back in the mid 90’s, I just had to have one. I mean a 48” shaft and longer drives, in fact bought 2 and one is still in the box, never used. Took my new Killer Bee driver out to the course & was truly impressed. It was great, longer drives & helped me win some tournaments. Only had it a few days & it got me in the final group on the last day of our Men’s club championship. It was so distinctive being black and gold that I didn’t want my competition to know I was using a new driver, so sort of kept it out of their view so-to-speak. After the first few holes, our last year’s club champion & good friend noticed I was hitting longer drives than usual and said, “Hey Larry what driver are you using, that’s pretty neat looking?” Well, I confessed and told him I had just purchased a new Killer Bee driver. He won the Club Championship that day and I won the Low Net Championship. One week later I was at our Men’s club and our Club Champion had a new Killer Bee driver!!! :) Played really well with it for several years; however, with new driver technology, new drivers with larger heads started coming out & of course giving more distance, so my Killer Bee went into the closet. I informed the golfer that was experimenting with the lengthening of his driver shaft that he might truly be successful with it and to keep us posted. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Loved that Killer Bee driver and ordered their 3 wood as well, although lost my confidence with my fairway woods and turned to a 1-iron.[/FONT]

Booke Henderson on the LPGA Tour has a 48 inch driver. I used a 48 inch Cleveland driver for two years, but I didn't see a lot of distance gain and I missed more fairways with it.

Booke Henderson on the LPGA Tour has a 48 inch driver. I used a 48 inch Cleveland driver for two years, but I didn't see a lot of distance gain and I missed more fairways with it.

She chokes down on all her clubs to a typical playing length.

Usually when I get a new uncut shaft I initially test it at 48" because the clubhead speed increase is interesting to work with

+1
AA.jpg

AA.jpg

Back