Thick putter grips vs traditional

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do the thick grips have comparable weight to traditional putter grips? I don't want to mess with the balance and overall weight of my Anser style putter. My set up has a heavy putter head to help with feel at a 32 inch overall length.

Do the thick grips have comparable weight to traditional putter grips? I don't want to mess with the balance and overall weight of my Anser style putter. My set up has a heavy putter head to help with feel at a 32 inch overall length.

Thick, wide diameter putter grips are now available in weights from about 50 grams to 150 grams. Check out Golf Pride, Lamkin, Winn, Flat Cat, Garsen, Iomic and more. Lots of putter grip brands and model available.

Looking at the Scotty Cameron grip that is shipping with new putters, Super Stroke Traxion Tour GT and Winns AVS midsize.

Decided to go with the Scotty Cameron midsize.

It’s all about the “feel” and what you like.

I’m not so sure it is all about feel necessarily....

Some grips may not feel great in certain respects but then perform. Alternatively, I’ve loved the feel of certain grips and struggled to get the ball on line. Of course the ideal scenario is that you align your feel preference with the performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just depends on the material(s) of the putter grip. Have to check.

For example Superstroke Tour 1.0 has a 1" diameter and weighs 71g. Tour 2.0 is a 1.17" diameter and weighs 55g. Same form and shape but different material composition. Then add on CounterCore weighting options that can be changed out on the same grip. By design you can add up to 75g in 25g increments to the endcap.

Back