Spinoff: What Fashion Faux Pas Do You Rock?

DataDude

Snakebite X Fan
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
There were several fashion faux pas brought up in the other thread and I know we all do things differently so I wanted to give everyone a place where they can say I wear this and it's awesome. No criticism here, just say I rock it and why. If someone wants to blast it they can go to the other thread. So all you who are proudly rocking the latest trends or still rocking trends from the past let it fly!!!

For me I wear tighter pants. It all started with some tapered fit Under Armour then I got some slim fit chinos from Daniel Cremieux, but last year for Christmas my wife boguht me a pair of Lululemon Skinny ABC Pants. I am 6'1" and weight 230 so I am not the target demo, but I have a big round booty (built like Jon Rahm basically) and these things actually flatter me a bit. They are also amazingly comfortable.

I also untuck my shirt from time to time. I love Footjoy shirts and they are too long to be untucked so I tuck them in, but I also like Under Armour, Bobby Jones, and Dunning shirts and they are all quite a bit shorter and look fine untucked. During a hot summer round this also allows me to go with only one button and a looser more casual and more vented look as well. I always tuck in at private clubs or for an event, but the public tracks I usually play are way more casual than that.

I wear the forbidden white belt from time to time. I give not a sh!t!!

I’ll wear a white belt with white shorts and I’ve worn a collarless Nike golf shirt. The belt in that combo is common sense to me. The shirt is comfortable. It was a gift from my wife so I had to wear it once. I didn’t think I would like it but I did.

Shameless bucket hat wearer here.

It's been at LEAST 20 years since I cared about looking/being cool.

Pretty sure I never was

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I rock a visor and don’t care. I have a full head of hair and it gets hot in the summer when I wear a hat.

The white belt is faux pas? Well then check that one off for me.. also untucked shirts, and not necessarily cargo shorts but the golf shorts that do have that one side pocket haha

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I wear a ball marker on my hat......God forbid according to some.

I’m a fat guy so the shirt stays untucked. It’s better that way for everyone. I’ll also wear a boonie/bucket hat if it’s raining or the sun is super intense

Nike Blade collar. Sooooo many of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear untucked shirts from time to time, especially on hot and humid days. Also guilty of wearing flat brimmed hats on the course all the time, which I didnt know was frowned upon until recently.

I am a white belt guy for golf and wear cotton (bare minimum 50% but usually 100%) clothing.

With my pale Irish complexion, and my penchant for sun/skin issues, I’m a bucket hat guy by necessity more so than choice. I also wear a long sleeve compression shirt under my golf shirt even when it’s 100°

I rock a visor and don’t care. I have a full head of hair and it gets hot in the summer when I wear a hat.

I used to rock a shaggy surfer look. Hats are too hot with that much hair and I still dont want a burnt face. A visor is the go to option imo.

I wear white belt on occasion and I don't care I think it looks good

I haven't worn it for a while, but I still have a white belt in the wardrobe

Based on the responses in the other thread, I guess mine would be classed as the towel in the back pocket. I keep it there during the round in case I am on the green and my ball needs cleaning as you never know what chemicals may be on the course

I can not find a decent-looking belt that is comfortable to wear on the hottest, most humid days. But if I play without a belt my pants sag down horribly.

So I have this khaki-colored fabric belt that fits perfectly, is rather narrow and lightweight and doesn't trap sweat under it like a wider leather belt would. I wear it probably a couple dozen times every summer even though it 15 years old and the look doesn't match *anything* I normally wear to play golf.

With my pale Irish complexion, and my penchant for sun/skin issues, I’m a bucket hat guy by necessity more so than choice. I also wear a long sleeve compression shirt under my golf shirt even when it’s 100°

As far as I'm concerned, anything we do to protect our health rather than making a fashion statement is off-limits for the "faux pas" police. By the time my father was my age he was having stuff cut off him three or four times a year and eventually enduring all sorts of unpleasant and ugly dermatological procedures. I'll wear my wide brims and sun sleeves and sunblock to avoid that fate. Or at least delay it as long as possible.

The untucked shirt for me. My basic rule is to tuck it in with long pants, untucked is okay when wearing shorts. I also wear short sleeved Henleys on occasion (no collar but 3 or 4 buttons like a polo) when playing a course that doesn't insist on a collared shirt.

I haven't worn it for a while, but I still have a white belt in the wardrobe

Based on the responses in the other thread, I guess mine would be classed as the towel in the back pocket. I keep it there during the round in case I am on the green and my ball needs cleaning as you never know what chemicals may be on the course

I forgot about the towel. I always keep a towel in my back left pocket. To wipe wedges when I get them dirty, clean up my ball on the green, etc. That's reall handy honestly. While golf is fashionable we are still playing golf and that means you need your tools. A towel in the pocket is a useful tool.

I'll dodge all the come backs, but I do wear cargo shorts!! No white belt, though!

I love me the white belt, white pants, and white shorts despite not being a Pro.

I have been known to untuck my shirt at times especially with shorts. I also wear New Balance Minimus trail runners with no socks on the course.

Jeans or Work Pants on the course? Sometimes.
Untucked? 100% yes.
White Belt? Yessir.
Silly looking hats. On Occasion.
Full color co-ordinated outfit, matching shirt/glove/socks/balls? Yeah. Rock that pink or orange.

I often wear a visor. I usually am wearing my sandals the second I finish a round. I only have two pairs of shoes, so they don’t always match my outfit. One pair is black and I wear low black socks with those and my white pair I wear low white ones no matter what color shorts/shirt I have. I have a stretch web belt that I love. My shirts are usually too big and I have plenty of golf shorts with extra pockets but not what I consider “cargo” shorts. I am sure there are others, but I quit reading the other thread because I was getting depressed ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back