Pro V1 Practice balls

pilot25

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been playing the Pro V1 Practice balls. Anyone else?

With all the talk about Cut Blue and Snell being budget balls with ProV1 performance why not just buy ProV1 Practice balls at the same price as the Snells? The PRACTICE stamp indicates no difference in performance. Cosmetic flaws only.

I have been using them for years and can't understand why most people don't. The downside is you don't know if you are getting V1X or V1. 99% of the golfing population wouldn't not be able to tell the difference.

Am I missing something?

I used Bridgestone B330-RX Practice balls for much of last year and never saw any performance variations from the regular ball.

Does Bridgestone stamp them practice and sell them as practice balls? I cannot find them for sale online.

I used Taylormade TP5/5x practice balls last year with no performance issues.

Do the companies, other than Titleist, have the same standard for their "practice" balls? Practice being cosmetic flaws only. X-Outs being performance flaws.

One thing of note, I believe from My Golf Lies site Titleist has higher standards of rejection of their quality control.

I use the Pro V1 Practice balls and find that it's essentially the same thing. Didn't understand why I was spending the money on new Pro V1's when I could cut the price significantly and still get the performance.

I use the Pro V1 Practice balls and find that it's essentially the same thing. Didn't understand why I was spending the money on new Pro V1's when I could cut the price significantly and still get the performance.

Its not essentially. According to Titleist they are the same balls. Many times, I have found, the cosmetic flaw is the Titleist lettering isn't stamped across the dimples properly.

Do the companies, other than Titleist, have the same standard for their "practice" balls? Practice being cosmetic flaws only. X-Outs being performance flaws.

One thing of note, I believe from My Golf Lies site Titleist has higher standards of rejection of their quality control.

I didn't know that X-Outs were considered to have performance flaws.
I always understood it was a paint or stamping issue.

I always assumed they were just balls from a range at a tournament or from a Titleist Thursday event.

Back