Nike Vapor Pro Driver Review

I've had the Vapor Pro in my bag for a few weeks now - it's been largely a fairway finder for me, unless I put a really brutal swing on the ball (in which case no driver is going to produce good results). I've also hit some absolute bombs with this thing when the stars have aligned.

I've had the Vapor Pro in my bag for a few weeks now - it's been largely a fairway finder for me, unless I put a really brutal swing on the ball (in which case no driver is going to produce good results). I've also hit some absolute bombs with this thing when the stars have aligned.
It's a dang good driver, glad it's been accurate for ya. I just love the sound and the results speak for themselves. If the Vapor Fly series wasn't so dang hideous, I may have given it a first look. But as it sits, this driver has been great to me this year (thanks again Rob!) and I look forward to trying to find the unicorn that can beat it next season.

Scored one of these with a S+ for a steal. I have always hit this well when giving it a few passes.

Really looking forward to getting it out on the course this weekend.

Scored one of these with a S+ for a steal. I have always hit this well when giving it a few passes.

Really looking forward to getting it out on the course this weekend.
You're gonna love it I think, dude. It's been a great combo of solid forgiveness but still with pretty low spin for good distance, assuming you can launch it (which I know you can).

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

On a day where my overall game wasn't really working great, I was roasting this thing today. With only 2 exceptions, nothing but solid contact and powerful mid high cuts with great distance. And amazing sound and feel off the face.

I really think Nike had a big winner with this line, and I eagerly anticipate hitting the Vapor Fly Pro to see how they've followed it up.

I hit this on the range yesterday and was super impressed. So much so that I will definitely take this out on the course for further testing.

I picked up a gently used VP
yesterday. It is as good as I hoped it would be. I don't have any numbers yet, but I imagine they will be good. Dispersion is great and that speed channel certainly makes a difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

If I ever change from this driver, someone kick me in the nuts. I only got to hit driver on 4 holes today due to course design, but I vaporized every single one of them. And on a 310 yard par 4, I had a 30 yard chip left. Whoa.

If I ever change from this driver, someone kick me in the nuts. I only got to hit driver on 4 holes today due to course design, but I vaporized every single one of them. And on a 310 yard par 4, I had a 30 yard chip left. Whoa.

When you pull this club out of the bag, I know you're going to hit a solid shot. Every. Single. Time.

It's a very solid,straight,driver.

It's a very solid,straight,driver.

Definite sleeper from Nike IMO. This and the Flex fairways were absolutely awesome last year IMO. This year's are essentially the same, so I wouldn't pay for the upgrade.

For sure. I put it up against some newer drivers today and it's still the best for me. I imagine I could probably tweak a few of them to get a little more, but not enough to make me want to buy them.

Spent a good amount of time this evening getting some numbers on the VP with my current Grandura 550 shaft. I hate to admit it, but the numbers were pretty underwhelming--disappointing even. Maybe it was just a bad day, or early season, but I couldn't get anywhere near the BS and carry I was getting with my original Covert Tour and the same shaft. It still is very easy to hit straight and good distance, but lacking about 20 yds carry, when comparing good hits, vs. my old Covert Tour head. It is more forgiving that the CT 1.0, but giving up 20 yds! I'm not sure I can live with that.
To be fair I didn't attach the old head for a comparison. I will have to do that, however, for a real head to head comparison.
The XR 16 easily equaled, and sometimes bettered, my results tonight, even though it is more than an inch shorter.

Happy to report that it was just me, not really a huge surprise, but I was able to get some really great numbers with the VP today.

Yes, Mr golf. Just a sim, so not real numbers, but good enough for comparison. I don't know of any good launch monitors around here, except on demo days with the oem reps.

That joint on GV? Mr Golf? Not too sure who has quality launch monitors in the area.
Tom Olson at the Royal St. Patricks Academy.

Cold and windy today, but that didn't dampen my spirits because I was killing it this evening with the VP. I was able to put most of my shots beyond the 225 mound, even right into a fairly stiff cold east wind. I'm looking forward to this weekend since it's supposed to be much warmer.

Steady as she goes with the VP today. Hit some really solid drives, and one push fade, seems I have to get one of those per round. Not a single knuckle ball, or hook. Now, If only I could align myself correctly.

Another great driving day today. I hit the VP 7 times in 9 holes and hit 5 fairways. The fairways I hit, I literally split. On the first hole the guy behind us remarked that I would have to measure to tell it wasn't exactly in the center. Most were in the 240-260 range, with one at 285 . The two misses were a miss aligned draw, and a push. The push could have been alignment as well. I'm amazed at how easy this driver is to hit dead straight.

Forgot to mention it's set on neutral at 9.5. I need to mess with the loft to see what yields the best launch and spin for me to squeeze the most I can out of it. So far 9.5 has been pretty good.

Nice feedback dude. Glad to see another fan out there of this great head, I freaking love it.

Nice feedback dude. Glad to see another fan out there of this great head, I freaking love it.

I know it's not well liked by most here, but It does seem to work out great for me.

Back