2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

So with all this talk of the JPX-EZ. For those that hit it and the Cobra Max, what are your thoughts on the two and how do they compare to each other.
The max was lower spin for me, and more draw biased. The EZ was fully adjustable, and very high spin compared to other drivers hit. The Max had the offset, and the EZ didn't. I had better results on the monitor with the max and better results on the course with the EZ.

The max was lower spin for me, and more draw biased. The EZ was fully adjustable, and very high spin compared to other drivers hit. The Max had the offset, and the EZ didn't. I had better results on the monitor with the max and better results on the course with the EZ.

Thanks, i just read your write up of the two in the other thread as well. I will be honest and say, these are two drivers I wouldn't have given a serious look at before following the Club Clash thread. But one thing you guys made very clear, let the numbers do the talking not your preconceived ideas of any particular club.

Thanks, i just read your write up of the two in the other thread as well. I will be honest and say, these are two drivers I wouldn't have given a serious look at before following the Club Clash thread. But one thing you guys made very clear, let the numbers do the talking not your preconceived ideas of any particular club.
Both clubs in were very very good. I made the statement that I would grab a EZ to keep around for when my driver swing goes South. It would also be a great candidate to cut down and play as a second driver similar to JBs XXIO

For me, better ball speed with JPX though not by a ton. Better looking crown on Mizuno. Cobra Max was an absolute launcher.

I could game the Max. Offset and all.

I posted this in the other Club Clash thread. Reposting here, especially since today's discussion has brought up the spin rates.

It was interesting reading the reviews and I noticed on a few of the drivers where testers consistently said the spin was too high or more than expected. Then, I was looking at what Golf or Golf Digest had on their Equipment Testing Hot Lists and how they had drivers categorized as Max Game Improvement or Game Improvement, etc. A lot of the THP Testers that commented about high spin seemed to be in line with what was considered Max Game Improvement. Those drivers seemed to be designed for the slower swing speeds that need the increased spin to generate enough loft. So, I wonder of those claiming high spin had swing speeds that weren't designed for those particular drivers??

Just got caught up reading; kudos to all the participants for their updates and congrats to THP on another fantastic event.

you know what's funny? So could probably 75% of those who hit it.

Anyone who hits it low would love that club. Just easy launching.

2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

So with all this talk of the JPX-EZ. For those that hit it and the Cobra Max, what are your thoughts on the two and how do they compare to each other.

My view is two is that they are two completely different drivers.

Cobra Max...for me was straight, very high, and incredibly short off the tee. The offset was off putting to me. However, if you have trouble getting the ball in the air then this driver is wonderful.

By comparison the JPX-EZ was straight, good flight, and by far the longest club I hit at club clash.

My view is two is that they are two completely different drivers.

Cobra Max...for me was straight, very high, and incredibly short off the tee. The offset was off putting to me. However, if you have trouble getting the ball in the air then this driver is wonderful.

By comparison the JPX-EZ was straight, good flight, and by far the longest club I hit at club clash.

You crushed that JPX.

Best time ever was Ward explaining to me that while my drive (with the JPX) was "technically farther" his would have been farther if he had not hit his drive so high.

Best time ever was Ward explaining to me that while my drive (with the JPX) was "technically farther" his would have been farther if he had not hit his drive so high.

Still technically right. If I got roll and an additional 20yds, I would have been past you. It's science, really.

That was what, hole 15? The downwind par 5?

Too high.

Still technically right. If I got roll and an additional 20yds, I would have been past you. It's science, really.

That was what, hole 15? The downwind par 5?

LOL. It was Number 10...(we both played the MikeDean tees). We were downwind.

So I played golf today, felt so weird hitting the same driver every hole off the tee...... That and I want the M1.... And the downwind back.... Lost so much distance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean he's right. He would also be 6'4 if he wasn't shorter. :D

LOL. It was Number 10...(we both played the MikeDean tees). We were downwind.

Oh yeah, right where it plugged and hopped out of its pitch mark. Stupid thing.

I mean he's right. He would also be 6'4 if he wasn't shorter. :D

Exactly. I'm just casually 6'4, no big deal.

One of my FAVORITE things about Friday and working the monitor with Ddec was when someone would come up and get "high spin" according to their initial reaction simply because it was in the high 2k to mid 3k range...and then seeing them get more distance out of that. Something we have been talking on forever, that spin is NOT the devil as its been portrayed, not at all.

Amen - I kill for upper 2k spin

I saw the JPX EZ work for everyone who gave it a chance out on the course, including myself. Straight and long, all day, everyday.

You could really feel the head weight of the EZ, which I think helped those I saw hit it square it up at impact.

The top performing drivers for me out on the course were the XR16 Pro, Bridgestone JGR, JPX EZ, Srixon 355 and TEE EX9. Surprising that 4 of the 5 are not "mainstream" when it comes to drivers.

If consumers had more access to hit these drivers, they would for sure sell a lot more. Club Clash is such an unprecedented opportunity in that regard. My full thoughts are coming soon.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The JPX EZ, F6+, F5, and Srixon 355 were all surprising to me.
I really enjoyed each. I wouldn't be disappointed to have any one of these in the bag.

I haven't posted this pic of the Epoch Swag from Club Clash. Very cool of items. As you can see, I already had Epoch tees in my bag. Only tee worth using, IMO.
14a7882b360671e4cf6a55e0efb220a6.jpg

I've got the JPX 850 and I think it's HIGHLY underrated...especially for those that tend to hit the club closer to the center. It's ridiculously long, but unfortunately didn't get much of a look when it came out...probably b/c Mizuno isn't known for their woods. Honestly, I never would have tried it if the guy at Club Champion didn't flat out force me to. Really happy for Mizuno! :)

Agree with others.

The Mizuno JPX EZ was nice. Looked good and was very easy to hit. Would have been nice to see their other offerings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a fun picture

9064f7a4a7425d451cb6ff6694ca0dd1.jpg

Back