2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I survived, and I at least hit my 2 mile goal. Those 8% inclines are no joke though, when she said that I slowed my pace and walked instead of ran. I am just not at a point where I can run at an 8% incline yet...one day. I upped my weights in the weight room though since it was only 8 reps of each, so as far as weights go, I am still gaining a ton of strength. I always knew cardio would be harder for me, it always has been. Even when I was in the best shape of my life, cardio was hell for me.

It was harder for me with the weights be caused I was gassed after rowing hard for the time required. But we did it and have the entire day.

It was harder for me with the weights be caused I was gassed after rowing hard for the time required. But we did it and have the entire day.

Sadly, my day consisted of work, laundry, cleaning the house, and more work. I needed to cram non-work stuff into my day because I was a lazy bum watching the Masters all weekend, and I need to get all that stuff done before we leave for Club Clash.

I will say though, the best part about working out is my energy level. Yes, getting stronger and hopefully losing weight because of it is the goal, but the added benefits are amazing. On days I work out (which is Mon-Fri, unless I can't go one day during the week, then I add Sat) I find that I never hit those 3pm lulls, I simply do not get tired during the day. Plus, when it's time to go to sleep I am actually tired and can fall asleep relatively quickly. In the past, I would need a pick-me-up around 3, and I couldn't fall asleep for hours after getting into bed for the night.

I very much like those perks!

Today was legs day and lots and lots of running. I am an exhausted sweaty mess! We did throw in some push-ups and I am very excited to say I have graduated to big girl push-ups, no knees!

239 this morning. First time I've been in the 230's since 2014 (and I wasn't there long then). Prior that it was 2009 when I was in that weight range.

So I'm still on a steady pace of 1-2 pounds per week. I'm assuming I'll hit my goal weight at this pace anywhere from Aug-Oct if the pace of the weight loss holds up. That's a little daunting thinking about how far away that is, but it took a long time to put on so I expected it to take time to get it corrected.

239 this morning. First time I've been in the 230's since 2014 (and I wasn't there long then). Prior that it was 2009 when I was in that weight range.

So I'm still on a steady pace of 1-2 pounds per week. I'm assuming I'll hit my goal weight at this pace anywhere from Aug-Oct if the pace of the weight loss holds up. That's a little daunting thinking about how far away that is, but it took a long time to put on so I expected it to take time to get it corrected.

That's good, and good luck keeping at it. Just golf as much as possible and that should burn about 1500 cal's per round lol but its actually true especially if you walk its also good cardio. However, when it gets really hot outside gotta make sure we are hydrated and have energy from a healthy breakfast before hand.

Morning folks! I hope everyone is doing well on their weight loss journeys!

I officially hit the 80 pounds lost mark the other day. What an incredible journey it has been. I still have about 15-20 I think I want to lose, but I don't see myself being comfortable at less than 180-185 pounds so maybe more like 15. I honestly don't think I have been sub 200 since probably 8th grade, but it feels pretty awesome.

One thing I have noticed lately is the closer I get to my goal, the less satisfied with myself I feel. I find myself poking and prodding at the different spots on my body, thinking I am so far away, but I just have to keep reminding myself, the closer you get to your goal, every few pounds can make a dramatic difference on your body.

Congrats dude! Amazing accomplishment!

Congrats Taylor

Pretty excited right now. Back in October I had gained probably 10 lbs from my "steady state" at that time. I had a standard physical/blood work with my doctor. One of the things from my blood work that was high was my liver function. I don't drink much, so I was confused but my doctor said it was probably fatty liver since I had gained weight recently. I knew I needed to lose weight, but that was a little depressing.

I went back in for blood work on Monday morning about 22 lbs lighter and got my results last night. My liver function had dropped from 99 units/L to 36 units/L in about 6 months, well within the normal range. Talk about a non-scale victory!

@GolferGal

Found these at the grocery store last night. Haven't tried one yet, but got them in cookies and cream and mint chocolate chip. 100-120 calories depending on flavor and actually have 5-7 grams of protein, hopefully they taste good. In Dallas they were about $5 for 4 bars.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back on my clean eating, and back to back days of great workouts and I hit my goal weight of 185. Pretty excited about that. Now to maintain, which is the hard part.

Back on my clean eating, and back to back days of great workouts and I hit my goal weight of 185. Pretty excited about that. Now to maintain, which is the hard part.

How tall are you Ryan? I know body composition has a ton to do with it as well, but my goal weight is somewhere around the 180-185 (I think) and being at 194, it is hard to envision being happy with only another 10-14 pounds.

I keep trying to remind myself that 10 pounds from 190-180 is a lot more noticeable than 10 pounds from 275 to 265.

How tall are you Ryan? I know body composition has a ton to do with it as well, but my goal weight is somewhere around the 180-185 (I think) and being at 194, it is hard to envision being happy with only another 10-14 pounds.

I keep trying to remind myself that 10 pounds from 190-180 is a lot more noticeable than 10 pounds from 275 to 265.
I'm about 5'10.

I might try for another 5 lb loss to get to 180, but that would be as low as I go.

I'm about 5'10.

I might try for another 5 lb loss to get to 180, but that would be as low as I go.

Ya I am 5'11" and I honestly haven't been sub 190 since probably 6th grade. With how hard I am working in the gym, I imagine as I get closer to that 185-180 mark I will become a lot more satisfied with the way I look. I am not trying to win any strongman competitions, just want to look healthy, and really my upper chest and ab areas are the only areas I am not satisfied with right now, unfortunately they are usually the last place you lose fat.

Ya I am 5'11" and I honestly haven't been sub 190 since probably 6th grade. With how hard I am working in the gym, I imagine as I get closer to that 185-180 mark I will become a lot more satisfied with the way I look. I am not trying to win any strongman competitions, just want to look healthy, and really my upper chest and ab areas are the only areas I am not satisfied with right now, unfortunately they are usually the last place you lose fat.
What I typically find is that when I get to the 180 mark, that's where I start focus on muscle building. It becomes less about the number on the scale, and more about the look in the mirror.

What I typically find is that when I get to the 180 mark, that's where I start focus on muscle building. It becomes less about the number on the scale, and more about the look in the mirror.

That is sort of how I am taking it right now. I am lifting because I enjoy it, but once I get to my goal weight I think I will bump the protein and calories up to maintenance level, and see what kind of muscle I can put on. Right now, I am eating a lot of protein, but when you are eating 750 calories less than your body burns in a day, it is very difficult to build strength/muscle, at least in the long run.

That is sort of how I am taking it right now. I am lifting because I enjoy it, but once I get to my goal weight I think I will bump the protein and calories up to maintenance level, and see what kind of muscle I can put on. Right now, I am eating a lot of protein, but when you are eating 750 calories less than your body burns in a day, it is very difficult to build strength/muscle, at least in the long run.
Exactly.

What I found with my races a few weeks back is that I just had no fuel. I had to take a look at my intake for training and what I needed for race day. I found that trying to train and count calories did not work well together, so had to increase what I was taking in...but at the same time do it in a healthy way. I found that finding the right mix of calories but still being healthy really helped with fat loss and overall, weight loss.

I am in the same boat this week with my upcoming marathon and trying to provide my body with the right fuel for the big race. I definitely don't want to throw on unhealthy weight. So for me it's been light amounts of protein and healthy carbs.

I am in the same boat this week with my upcoming marathon and trying to provide my body with the right fuel for the big race. I definitely don't want to throw on unhealthy weight. So for me it's been light amounts of protein and healthy carbs.

Dude you are going to burn 10 million calories, make sure you have that fuel! Obviously don't go gorge on pizza and ice cream, but make sure you have that energy to burn! Good luck

Dude you are going to burn 10 million calories, make sure you have that fuel! Obviously don't go gorge on pizza and ice cream, but make sure you have that energy to burn! Good luck

I've been reading studies on what runners eat and that's where I get lost sometimes. Most say stay away from fiber and I understand why . I think today I will increase my calories as I know they been low so to speak.

Thanks and looking forward to it.

@GolferGal

Found these at the grocery store last night. Haven't tried one yet, but got them in cookies and cream and mint chocolate chip. 100-120 calories depending on flavor and actually have 5-7 grams of protein, hopefully they taste good. In Dallas they were about $5 for 4 bars.

maxresdefault.jpg

They have these at Publix, I actually almost bought them yesterday when I was grocery shopping for the week. Let me know how they are, because I am always looks for a good dessert/sweet item for my cravings.

Good luck with the marathon! Two of the trainers at my Orange Theory gym ran 31.1 miles on Monday, then they both went to a local diner and told them to keep bringing pancakes until they said stop ha.

[video=youtube;9-e5y-3dyUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-e5y-3dyUs[/video]

[video=youtube;9-e5y-3dyUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-e5y-3dyUs[/video]

I have a feeling that will be me. Time to Carbo Load.

Back