Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

I went into the golf store today to sell a set that my wife no longer use. Golfsmith had 50% trade in deal so I wanted to see if I can grab a RSI 1 or M2 for cheap. Ends up not liking both and the associate told me they are doing a wilson event to demo, if you don't like it you'll get a sleeve of balls for free. So why not I said, went to grab their 7i, funky little thing. We had trackman in this Golfsmith and I have my i25 7 iron to compare to. The flush hit feels VERY similar to my i25 but the distance is on average a 7-11 yards difference. The grouping was also very simlar if not closer, bought a set right then and there. 4-AW, they also said there will be a free wedge sent to me later for purchasing the set.

Did not think I'd end the day with a Wilson today it was totally a great surprise. Will update on how they perform on actual turf.

Nice purchase! Hope they treat you well.

I have kept a sharp eye on this thread. I believe Wilson Staff can get back to the iconic branding within the game of golf it used to be.

With that said, I went to a big box retailer Friday to hit the C200 and F5 again along with the F5 driver. The staff at this retailer only wanted to push Mizuno or Titleist. They had no interest in offering information about the Wilson Staff selections. As an avid golfer, I am not entering these establishments not knowing the answers to the questions I am asking. I use this tactic, as I am sure other do as well, to see what the retail associate knows about any given product. I honestly didn't have high expectations going in but was more disappointed than I expected for someone like Wilson Staff who appear to be genuinely trying to rebuild the reverence it once had. Unfortunately, they may have to do that without the help of the big box retailers, who were having a "Wilson Staff Week" promotional while pushing anything but Wilson Staff gear.

I have kept a sharp eye on this thread. I believe Wilson Staff can get back to the iconic branding within the game of golf it used to be.

With that said, I went to a big box retailer Friday to hit the C200 and F5 again along with the F5 driver. The staff at this retailer only wanted to push Mizuno or Titleist. They had no interest in offering information about the Wilson Staff selections. As an avid golfer, I am not entering these establishments not knowing the answers to the questions I am asking. I use this tactic, as I am sure other do as well, to see what the retail associate knows about any given product. I honestly didn't have high expectations going in but was more disappointed than I expected for someone like Wilson Staff who appear to be genuinely trying to rebuild the reverence it once had. Unfortunately, they may have to do that without the help of the big box retailers, who were having a "Wilson Staff Week" promotional while pushing anything but Wilson Staff gear.

Hence the reason Wilson has a demo program for the C200, for instances just like this and for people like me that has no dealers carrying the brand to test. In some ways, this is ideal because you can test the clubs at your home course under playing conditions. The only detraction comes when it's time to get fit for the clubs and the options for the shafts at the time of fitting.

Had my first round of the year yesterday (gotta love WI weather, previous weekend - snow....this past weekend - 75 and sunny).

Hit some very towering and impressive C200 shots, cannot believe again how far and high they go for me with ease. Still unable to have huge amounts of back-spin when attacking greens, but I attribute that to my swing faults, not club issues.

highlights: had a 9i go 170yd for a nice approach shot, a GW 140yd, 6i went ~190yd and left me 10ft right of the hole on a long par 3. All these shots were high, far, and held the green without much roll-out, and my playing partners could not believe it. They all were interested in the C200's and the how they looked and performed.

I feel more confident now knowing I can dial back my swing speed a bit and concentrate more on better ball contact, instead of distance and height.
A welcome goal for me to work on this year.

So...let the season begin!

Hey guys,

havent read this entire thread so apologize if these questions have been covered. Wanted to know if anyone has hit the Wilsons against the Cobra F6s and does Wilson offer any additional shafts? Thanks.

I believe mikedean441 has both sets so I am sure he will comment on the comparisons

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

havent read this entire thread so apologize if these questions have been covered. Wanted to know if anyone has hit the Wilsons against the Cobra F6s and does Wilson offer any additional shafts? Thanks.
Yes i have both sets check out the F6 thread for some comparisons. Both very solid irons..these have been more forgiving off the bottom and toe

Last edited:
I have the Rogue driver shaft and it plays a bit stiff to flex.

Is the same true of the Rogue Pro shafts in the C200?

I got the 3 club demo package and just returned them last Friday. Kind of puzzled about the irons. I got the Rogue graphite shafts which played ok but my specs are 2* up so hitting a standard lie iron, I probably didn't get the best results. The 4 iron was a club that I just couldn't hit. My hits were off the center a little towards the toe, and even then the distances weren't that great. The PW was ok, got good distance but was not accurate. Maybe that had to do something with the lie. The best club was the 7 iron. I could control it somewhat but the distance I got when I went after it was long, by my standards. Par 3, into a nice stiff breeze 165 yards away, was to the left of the pin about 15 feet. Maybe my lie had something to do with the test, not sure, but these will go on my possible list. I went back on the Wilson site which they updated to include their new offerings, but they also took off the custom shaft (other than standard) offerings that were available at one point. That's kind of confusing not knowing if they are planning on offering custom shafts/club specs or not. One thing I noticed is that they lowered their price of graphite irons to $799 on the Wilson site.

Chance you'll be changing? Both sets sound pretty impressive.
Hard to say. Still in the teating phases with F6 only a few rounds and range sessions in

Not that ive noticed i think they have played true to flex imo. A great feeling shaft.

Not that I can tell. I was fit into R flex (always have been) and these don't feel any more stiff than what I have played in the past.

Apparently some of the Ebay retailers have started to drop prices on these significantly. The pro who owns our local shop dropped the price on his 8 club display set (unhit) to $549 in order to keep pace. He said he saw a set of new F5 irons (also 8 clubs) for under $600 as well.

Apparently some of the Ebay retailers have started to drop prices on these significantly. The pro who owns our local shop dropped the price on his 8 club display set (unhit) to $549 in order to keep pace. He said he saw a set of new F5 irons (also 8 clubs) for under $600 as well.

That's a steal for these clubs. They continue to amaze me.

I was able to pick up a set of 5 thru GW, new, for $499. They are expected today.

Sub $600 F5 might be on my radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pro said the seller was Back9Golfshop11 on Ebay - you probably already found the listing however.

Sub $600 F5 might be on my radar.

Personally, i'd stick with the forgiveness of the C200 over the better accuracy required on the F5. I could pull it off too, but i'm at the point now where i just want to hit it solid every time.

Dang, just got them like 3 weeks ago. Can't return to golfsmith now since I changed the grips, that is almost 50% off. That'll teach me to buy from brick and mortar I guess. At least a free wedge is coming my way... and a few balls, and some legitimacy to hit their trackman now for a few hundres.

This thread popping back up reminds me that I still haven't had the chance to hit these yet. I will have to rectify that issue soon.

This thread popping back up reminds me that I still haven't had the chance to hit these yet. I will have to rectify that issue soon.

You definitely need to, especially with the demo days coming up at PGASS if you have any near you, free sleeves of Duos with demos IIRC.

I picked these up on a whim and decided to play them for a least 10 rounds. 2 rounds in so far and the jury is out. I like the turf interaction but not so sure I love the KBS Tour 90 shaft which is odd because I really like the TT XP95 and their profiles aren't dramatically different. I will say that on touch 3/4 shots with the PW and GW I've hit some great approaches that have saved holes. The longer irons have been much more hit or miss.

I didn't really care for the tour 90s either and swapped them out with some DG s300s I had on hand. I will agree that the scoring clubs are absolute weapons, the gap wedge especially.

Back