2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

Follow up question: how many of the participants left confident one of the drivers tested would offer a consistent increase in distance and/or fairway-finding compared to the current gamer?
I did. The JGR and XR16 will improve both for me. I really believe, which is borderline scary to be honest as the GBB has been silly good to me the last year.

I did. The JGR and XR16 will improve both for me. I really believe, which is borderline scary to be honest as the GBB has been silly good to me the last year.

I saw you really loved the XR16. Curious how the JGR compared for you

What was the longest drive of the weekend? Looking for carry distance.

Hard to say, honestly. One monitor was taking the wind into account and the other wasn't, but the there were some absolute bombs hit by quite few folks this weekend.

Here's an action cam video from the pm round at the Ocean course. This captures the sound of the drivers quite well, and we all made solid contact.

Club Selection as follows:

War Eagle - XR Pro 9.5° w/ Speeder 665-S
Atlgolfer - Ping LS Tec 9° w/ Ping Tour 65-S
Ced439 - Callaway XR16 10.5° w/ Speeder 565-S
EaglevsFalcon - Ping LS Tec 9° w/ Ping Tour 65-S

And while I golfed with you in Sept with the GBB and you were pounding it, you absolutely DESTROYED the XR16

Fun video and beautiful golf hole.

I will have to consult the cards, on the GC2 which was not impacted by the wind I believe my longest carry was 277 with the XR Pro, longer on the Flightscope.

Here's an action cam video from the pm round at the Ocean course. This captures the sound of the drivers quite well, and we all made solid contact.

Club Selection as follows:

War Eagle - XR Pro 9.5° w/ Speeder 665-S
Atlgolfer - Ping LS Tec 9° w/ Ping Tour 65-S
Ced439 - Callaway XR16 10.5° w/ Speeder 565-S
EaglevsFalcon - Ping LS Tec 9° w/ Ping Tour 65-S

Thanks for the video EvF. Great swings with driver from all of you.

XR16 Pro an amazing Driver with the stock Fuji Stiff shaft. I was chasing shafts for this or that but not anymore......for a while anyway.

I will have to consult the cards, on the GC2 which was not impacted by the wind I believe my longest carry was 277 with the XR Pro, longer on the Flightscope.

Personally, My best carry on the GC2 was 290 with the M1/Kuro Kage

XR16 Pro an amazing Driver with the stock Fuji Stiff shaft. I was chasing shafts for this or that but not anymore......for a while anyway.
That's a stout shaft, I had better numbers with the regular. I had to put some Ass behind my swing to get the stiff to perform. I got better ball speed and height out of the regular.

Thanks Nate. That video was great.

I pounded the Ping G LS-Tec on that drive. Even with the wind that drive stated right on line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, maybe I got a weak Stiff in mine. You sure as heck swing a lot faster than I do. I meant to try a reg. when we were out a couple of weeks ago, but after 4 of 5 balls went as good as I think I can hit it didn't bother.

Last edited:
Ha, maybe I got a weak Stiff in mine. You sure as heck swing a lot faster than I do. I meant to try a reg. when we were out a couple of weeks ago, but after 4 of 5 balls went as good as I think I can hit hit didn't bother.
Good stuff to show their is much more than swing speed that goes into shaft pairing.

I'm off today so I thought I'd get a practice round in for league. The XR16 and are getting to know each other. My swing was rough to start the day but on number 10 I just hit this beauty.

d862afa648d10744b5cf5a78d4ad87cf.jpg

Slight tailwind but nothing like the winds we were seeing at the event!

While I'm happy to be able to get in some practice it's definitely not the same. Wish I could do that every weekend. Thanks Morgan, Josh, Mike and everyone who helped make it happen. And thanks to everyone who made it one of the best golf trips I've ever been on.

Thanks Nate. That video was great.

I pounded the Ping G LS-Tec on that drive. Even with the wind that drive stated right on line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, you did. Pound town all day with that thing for you. That drive and the one over the tree on #16 where you got me by 30 yards (and I hit mine good) were the two best balls I saw you hit. Both with the LS Tec and just crushed.

I meant to say this yesterday, but was in the airport when I saw this picture ... plus you can never have too many thank you's ... but this picture really made me smile.

My first event, walking up to the room, and being a closet introvert I was little nervous, I timidly enter the room and the first person up was jman shaking my hand ... instantly all trepidation disappeared. But what I discovered while a sharing a villa, and why I smiled when I saw the picture was, these guys are really good friends, and it was great to sit back and watch the interactions of what I am sure is a life long friends. I felt THP was the catalyst of that friendship and thought was really cool.

I also discovered that someone in the group likes to keep the room at sub-zero, I slept with two layers on. :banana:

While the course record was safe today...i had a blast with these guys
7fe77f300b537e3297a24c9d9c949a1c.jpg

Last edited:
daaaannnnggg JON that is a bomb

Great video EaglesvFalcons...I love watching ATL put a whoopin on the ball.

Damn, you guys knocked it out of the park on this one!!! Loved finally being able to catch up on this. I got to follow along on Friday for range testing and just now had a chance to catch up. A ton of great input from a lot of different type of golfers and an absolutely gorgeous venue. My hats off to all the participants for the updating, it's no small task to do the job you all did this weekend and still manage to play golf and have a blast!

Damn, you guys knocked it out of the park on this one!!! Loved finally being able to catch up on this. I got to follow along on Friday for range testing and just now had a chance to catch up. A ton of great input from a lot of different type of golfers and an absolutely gorgeous venue. My hats off to all the participants for the updating, it's no small task to do the job you all did this weekend and still manage to play golf and have a blast!

^^^ Yes, no kidding! ^^^

The way everyone kept up with posting while having a fantastic outing is awesome! However, it makes me nervous too...my first event is in two weeks (Hogan tour, fitting, two rounds of golf all over three days) and I need to wrap my head around living up to this standard. You guys set the bar high...

I've got to put my final quotes on the drivers before sending in the cards. The final product when all the data is compiled will be awesome!

^^^ Yes, no kidding! ^^^

The way everyone kept up with posting while having a fantastic outing is awesome! However, it makes me nervous too...my first event is in two weeks (Hogan tour, fitting, two rounds of golf all over three days) and I need to wrap my head around living up to this standard. You guys set the bar high...

Some can post as they play, others can't, just do the best you can do.

^^^ Yes, no kidding! ^^^

Some can post as they play, others can't, just do the best you can do.

Wake is 100% right. You do the best you can, and in the case of your event upcoming, take it all in, and know you are sharing some cool information. Then of course that event involves reviewing the gear post event, so there are plenty of time for updates.

Back