Driver swing vs iron swing

fwiw and although I been on the other side of this debate I will admit something I been feeling for the first time. I had a lesson the other day for almost an hour and a half and we worked on alignment. I now have a procedure to align and set up as part of my preshot and stepping into my address instead of creating one. This whol process really sunk in with me and makes a ton of sense as I was really crooked and twisted prior. I could get into the specifics but for another thread. Point is here that since doing this it has changed my entire approach to striking the ball and has resulted in my swing now feeling much more similar with all clubs.

I ws apparently just doing things differenty with the driver but now that my set up and approach to alignment and address is all one in the same process its not only algning me better but also resulting in the swings being much more similar. I still have to get use to it but I just never felt before the driver feel anything like an iron swing and now it makes better sense to me. I can still nit pick and say there are some differences which deos make them different but I do now see where they are much more alike than I ever felt before. None the less my alignment with all clubs is now so much better than ever before. As long as I got a good tempo for a good strike I can pretty much count on a ball heading where I aimed at least within reason much greater than ever before.

Nate is one of the strong ball strikers I know. His set up has been the same since I've known him. I think I captured two swing that are pretty darn close. The difference would be the iron was a 7iron vs his driver

The width of the stance is about the same. The posture is the same. Ball position has changed as well distance he is standing from the ball. The results, baby fade

https://vimeo.com/163154599

Definitely different swings for me. The swing plane is much more flat for me with woods than irons. If I use a wood swing with my irons, I can't make solid contact at all. If I use an iron swing with woods, I get terrible distance because the ball goes a mile high, and the slice is almost impossible to fight off.

Back