Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

Sounds good. Will probably pick up a 6.5 at some point this season to try.

Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

I had a great experience with the 8.0 today, the only bright spot in an otherwise brutal round. I took 30 putts and only had one that I'd really like back - a missed 5 footer where I felt rushed and frustrated by my struggles and didn't really commit to a speed/line combo. Otherwise I was putting some serious good rolls on the ball - four 1 putts, no 3 putts and a 1 chutt.

To the question above, I really focused on using intermediate targets today - even put the ball's natural line parallel to the putter face to force myself not to use that method - and it worked extremely well. Anywhere you see "ti" means I just missed draining it...and only two of those were from 10 feet or in. This putter just exudes confidence.

21, tap in (ti)
54, 4
15 FT chutt
20, 3
19, ti
10, ti
21 (sand save for par)
15, ti
40, 3
15, ti
21, ti
24, 6
20, ti
5, ti
21, ti

Last edited:
I had a great experience with the 8.0 today, the only bright spot in an otherwise brutal round. I took 30 putts and only had one that I'd really like back - a missed 5 footer where I felt rushed and frustrated by my struggles and didn't really commit to a speed/line combo. Otherwise I was putting some serious good rolls on the ball - four 1 putts, no 3 putts and a 1 chutt.

To the question above, I really focused on using intermediate targets today - even put the ball's natural line parallel to the putter face to force myself not to use that method - and it worked extremely well. Anywhere you see "ti" means I just missed draining it...and only two of those were from 10 feet or in. This putter just exudes confidence.

21, tap in (ti)
54, 4
15 FT chutt
20, 3
19, ti
10, ti
21 (sand save for par)
15, ti
40, 3
15, ti
21, ti
24, 6
20, ti
5, ti
21, ti

Great putting round - CONTRATS !!!

That's a great putting game Frank! I love all the tap ins. Looks like only 1 second putt over 6'.

That's a great putting game Frank! I love all the tap ins. Looks like only 1 second putt over 6'.
Yep and that one was because the prior hole I hammered one too hard (was very fortunate to have the line exactly correct so it went in the hole) so I was gun shy to put a real stroke on it the next hole.

DDec rolling this one this weekend makes me ponder a Cleveland putter again.

2135 1.0 was money tonight at league!!! I was 2nd to putt every time in our foursome, the 3rd and 4th player only putted twice in 9 holes. I made 7 par or birdie putts from between 3 and 12 feet. Was a fun night!!!

Four rounds with no 3 putts...averaging 30 putts a round..2135 8.0...was burning the edge of the cup today...lol

Still doing well with this putter, one thing that was working well today or it could have been much worse.

Had the 8.0 in a match last week and sank clutch putt after putt. They were fast greens with major league breaks. The 2135 just plain works. Never have I felt so confident with a putter. Just money,,,, literally!

I'm struggling with the 6.5. Going to have to spend some time on a practice green this week. Short game and putting really have let me down this past week.

33 putts for me tonight. Slowly gaining confidence with this now that I've gotten use to how the ball comes off the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm struggling with the 6.5. Going to have to spend some time on a practice green this week. Short game and putting really have let me down this past week.
Are you struggling with putting in general or just this putter?

Another good night with the 1.0 Only got nine holes in, but only had 14 putts. One of the other guys wanted to try it, simple reply: "Man that thing feels good!!"
:clapp:

Still have good luck with the 1.0 I have let several others try it at mens league and outings and everyone likes the way it feels and the weight of it.
The raised alignment aid seems to have helped me the most.

It was rolling so good this morning it felt like an extension of my arm. Didn't matter what distance or break, up hill or down, it was just working this morning.
:bananadance:

I haven't been especially great with the 8.0 recently either. One thing about the 2135, when I'm going bad there's no illusion it's anything other than the Indian.

A awesome day today with the 1.0. Left all my lags inside of 2 feet. Everything just felt great every time I got over the ball.

rolled several putters today, and the 1.0 was excellent and best of anything i tried. just felt great off the face, and for some reason i could really "see" the line the putter face was swinging throughout the arc. for $130 it was tough to not walk out with one. very very intrigued.

I gave the Scotty some time on the practice green then returned to the 2135 - the feel off the face is so superior with the 2135.

rolled several putters today, and the 1.0 was excellent and best of anything i tried. just felt great off the face, and for some reason i could really "see" the line the putter face was swinging throughout the arc. for $130 it was tough to not walk out with one. very very intrigued.
You would really enjoy this putter, it just is silly easy to keep aligned and the feel is excellent!!

You would really enjoy this putter, it just is silly easy to keep aligned and the feel is excellent!!

the feel is great, much better than my gamer. my concern is that I'm not putting terribly right now, and I worry that mixing things up may lead to a regression. but the temptation is definitely strong.

Is there a course you play that would let you demo one for a round?
the feel is great, much better than my gamer. my concern is that I'm not putting terribly right now, and I worry that mixing things up may lead to a regression. but the temptation is definitely strong.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a next iteration / release of the 2135? If so what is the ETA?

Back