The Next Driver You Demo

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the interesting things being only an observer at the THP Event Club Clash, was what golfers gravitate towards. So my question to THPers is what is the next driver you plan to demo?

Have the M1 so I'm good - no need to demo anything else :thumb:

Likely whatever is available to try at the next official or unofficial THP event I attend. Pickings are very slim otherwise in south GA.

GBB work very well for me right now. That being said, if I found myself at a demo day I'd likely gravitate towards the Cobra tent.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Calloway seemed to be the big winner among the masses when I was following Club Clash. Probably something in the XR family.

As I'm very happy with my XR16 and M2 right now I would say the only driver that is intriguing to me (and I haven't tried) is the Cobra F6+. With the right shaft and set up the right way I'd like to see how it performs.

XR16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XR16. Need to hit it.

XR16 Sub Zero

But the reality is, I'm very happy with my current driver.

The next driver I demo will be something that hasn't been released yet. The current crop has been well vetted.

XR16 and JGR but I'm pretty happy with my M1!

Sub Zero. It's crazy because I just moved from an outstanding club (GBB) to the XR16 Pro and all of them are so good. I imagine on this quest I will swing a few of Club Clash favorites as well. Just to see if anything has changed from last time I hit them.

will probably demo/buy an XR 16 Sub-Zero

I would say XR16. After following along with Club Clash I actually went out and demoed the F6 and Srixon Z355 (which I honestly never would have tried had it not been for feedback from that thread). Unfortunately the XR16 demo was tied up when I was demoing.

Based on Club Clash, I really need to try the Cobra F6 and the XR16.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Callaway XR16....hopefully.

I hit the M1 last week with Aldila Rogue Silver 70X on a range with no monitor. I think it was the 110 MSI with 2.8* of torque. But it was easily 20-30 yards longer than my setup, which doesn't carry much longer than my 3 wood setup. So I know launch/spin/something is wrong for me with the 915D2/D+ White 70x combo. The M1 was so much better that even bad mis-hits that were pull-fades didn't want to cross the target line by too much and were still longer than decent shots with my D2.

With that being said, if weather allows, I have an appointment for a Titleist Thursday fitting this week. So my next demo will probably be the 915D2/D3/D4 with various shafts to see what works. If the weather doesn't hold up, then who knows. But I need to correct my driver setup.

XR16 based on what I read through the Club Clash comments.

M1 and XR16.

I am pretty set since I was fit by the best in the biz at the #Grandaddy, but if I had to pick one it has to be the XR16. The feedback here, plus my love for everything Callaway, I think I will at least check it out sometime in the near future.

Plan on demoing the F6+ after club clash reviews. The other drivers that i need to demo but I don't think is realistic are Wilson F5 and The TEE but those are just tough to find to hit.

XR16 Pro. I hit it a couple times at ECPC and freaking destroyed the ball with it

I want to spend more time with the Nike Flex and of course the XR 16 Pro is going to get a workout and probably the immediate spot in my bag over the m1. As someone that disliked the xr line last year this year's is a home run IMO. So much forgiveness packed in even the pro head.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Next demo won't come until the 2017 releases thanks to club clash. I have narrowed down my driver choices for this year and potentially next year to 3 after this weekend. Hoping to make my final decision this week.

This one is making me think, mainly because I just had the option to hit every 2016 offering there is for the most part.

Back