2015 Bridgestone e7 Review Thread

Nice thread guys, I appreciate the writeups. Any user information regarding the 2015 E7 is hard to come by besides THP.

I was playing a couple of weeks ago with a reasonably strong wind in my face and my short irons were getting eaten up by the wind when using the Supersoft. The ball would seem to get caught up in the wind, continue to climb, and then fall short of the target. This happened to me both with the 9i and PW.

I bought a sleeve of E7's today to try out and see if I can avoid that problem. So far I've only putted indoors, but the feel is pretty good for a distance ball. There's more of a click when putting compared to the Supersoft, but that's ok by me.

I've mostly been playing a local executive 9 hole course where I don't use the driver as much, but when I play a normal size course I tend to lose my fair share of golf balls. I'd prefer to be under $2 a ball due to that reason, but I may be turning the corner with accuracy off the tee.

I'll report back with my findings.

Dave

Thanks for posting. Keep us posted on how the e7 works out for you.

I played the E7 tonight at a local 9 hole executive golf course. Temperature was about 60 degrees and wind was not a factor.

I was playing with my wife tonight and mixed up the tee boxes a bit. I played one par 4 (370 yards), three par 3s that exceeded 170 yards, and the rest par 3s that are shorter than 170. Par for the tee boxes I played is 28. I've worked to play recently with absolutely no cheating of any kind and shot an honest 40 tonight with 3 pars. That ties my best round ever there.

I ended up losing 2 of the 3 balls in the sleeve. I hit a hybrid tee shot fat on hole #2 and hit a 2nd ball for fun since the course was not busy and I wanted to work out my bugs. I hooked that shot onto the driving range and it was not retrievable. The par 4 is hole #4 and my drive there also was a hook that went into the woods.

I took my penalty on the par 4, teed up again, and hit this drive on the button and straight as a string. The fairway is down hill and the flag is straight away on an elevated green. My GPS gave me a yardage of 115 left to the pin for a drive of 255 yards. That is the longest drive I've ever hit in my life on the course! It bested my previous high of 250 on this hole which was also wind-aided. My typical reasonably well hit drive goes about 230 without the benefit of hitting down hill.

I actually enjoyed the E7 around the green. I had the chipping/pitching game working tonight and also putted reasonably well for my game. Subjectively the Supersoft appears to run out more, but I have not done back to back testing to confirm this.

I've gotten used to the Supersoft type of marshmallow ball and found the E7 off the irons to feel quite hard by comparison. While the E7 driver distance was quite good and the sound was a very satisfying TAAAWHACK, irons seemed to be playing a touch shorter than what I've been getting out of the Supersoft.

Overall when someone says they hit the longest drive of their life and tied their best score with a new ball you figure they'll keep using it, right? Well, I'm not so sure. I've got a box and a half of Supersofts left to use. I'm somewhat skeptical that I'll continue to use them once I run out, but if I wanted to use a Bridgestone ball it's possible I'd benefit more from the E6 then the E7. I'm on the fence.

Dave

Good stuff, Dave. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like with the e7 being designed to help lower ball flight, players with a higher swing speed may see the most benefits from this one. The e6 or e5 might be a good option for you to look at.

Good stuff, Dave. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like with the e7 being designed to help lower ball flight, players with a higher swing speed may see the most benefits from this one. The e6 or e5 might be a good option for you to look at.

I wouldn't put myself in the high swing speed category, but I do have a tendency to spin the driver a bit too much. The e7 has been great for me off the tee, and I haven't had trouble holding irons into greens.

I think you may be right.

I'll give the E5 and E6 a go. My major miss lately has been the hook. I don't think any golf ball will help with that... it's going OB no matter what. I need to fix the swing.

My primarily reason for trying the E7 was to see if it would avoid the ballooning problem I was getting with the Supersoft for higher wind days. I do like the ball in general, but wonder about the irons.

Dave

I played e7 on Tuesday. Winds for the first 4 holes were all into a 20-25mph headwind. Major test for the e7. Here's what I noticed. The ball did cut through the wind when I hit lower punch type shots. But when I took normal swings with my XTDs the high launching nature of the club sent the ball high and it ballooned some.

Played this today and have the last few rounds. To me I think it's the longest ball out there.

Agreed Dean. Have had these in the bag for the last 4 rounds and they really get out there for me. Off the J715 I get a mid trajectory that ROLLS! That's huge for me. Irons and Hybrids still hold he green well. Short game is manageable and it feels fine off the putter.

Because it is designed to produce a flatter trajectory, this ball never got much consideration from me. It doesn't show up as even a third option on B-Fit, but it has been performing very well for me.

JM

Really happy to see some other people trying this ball and liking it. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, and it's going to be one of the balls in the rotation this year.

Had these in play yesterday in very wet conditions. Holy wow were they long. I was routinely flying spots I normally roll out to. Probably 5 - 15 yards longer depending on the hole. I put them in the bag because I knew it would be wet and playing long, but may need to leave them there for a little while! :act-up:

Last edited:
I was given a dozen of these for my birthday - plan to put them in play was the primary ball in 2016.

Dave

Thanks for all the info on this ball. I will have to buy a dozen of these. I played the e7 once back when it came out and played well with it. These look really cool.

I got fit for the e7 using my JGR Driver - Saw more distance, ball speed, less backspin and less sidespin vs. Duo.
Try the 2 pack on the course the next day and this ball just rockets off the face. Saw some explosive distances from all of my JGR clubs. Going to the bag the e7 this year.

Back