One Amenity You Wish Your Course Had?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This past week THP hosted Club Clash at a great golf resort called Hammock Beach. In talking to one of the members they mentioned some of the amenities that were not often thought of, but I found really well done.

For those that are members of a club, or play the same course as a home course, what one amenity do you wish that course offered that it currently does not. This is less about the actual course, and more about the facility and overall experience.

A driving range. My home club is a pretty basic club, no range, minimal practice green. I wish there was a range and better putting green.

Better practice facilities, more equipment available in the proshop, fitting, a decent instructor. Part of living in a small town and playing at a small country club. We do have really nice greens for our area and the price though, so theres that.

Better practice facilities. Our driving range is a dump.

A beverage cart!!! Because of liquor licensing we can't have one!! Sucks!!

The amenity my home course is really lacking is GPS on the carts.

I'll be interested to read the amenities others come up with.

I'd probably go with better range/practice facility, followed by onsite professional/lessons, and second 18 for variety.

Comfort Stations is that touch to ask for?

My course needs a much better putting green and short game practice area.

Comfort Stations is that touch to ask for?

I just wish other courses would stop calling restrooms "comfort stations." It makes me think of what a comfort station really is (and that I don't have it).

Better practice area for me as well. Better selection of food items also.

While I dont have a membership or reall a home course I do travel quite a bit to play and I find alot of courses lack solid practice facilities

Grass ranges open more than 4 months per year.

My wish list for the course I played the most is beverage cart and in cart GPS.

While I don't have a home course I really don't like it when courses don't have a driving range to warm up on.

A decent practice facility, chipping area, bunker area, etc. Most have a putting green but many lack even a range.

Good food. Every other course in the area has a good to excellent restaurant ... not my course :disapointed:

Comfort Stations. and its not even close

Benches near the tee boxes! I walk all the time and once in a while (especially on Men's Night) it is quite slow and you find yourself standing around a lot. Benches would be great!

My course is municipally owned, and with that in mind I think they do a great job allocating resources and have a lot to offer (range, putting green, chipping area, practice bunker, simulators). That said, it wouldn't hurt to provide maps of each hole either on a scorecard, yardage book or with signs on the course. They do have a drone fly over of each hole on their website though, which IMO is very helpful for a first time visitor.

Selfishly I just want them to finish renovating all the bunkers. It has made a world of difference in aesthetics and playability for the ones they have done.

I wish my club had a locker room, or at least a better place to change clothes if I need to.

Also, i wish that we had a chipping are that was cut more like a green. Cant simulate rollout on out current one.

My course is municipally owned, and with that in mind I think they do a great job allocating resources and have a lot to offer (range, putting green, chipping area, practice bunker, simulators). That said, it wouldn't hurt to provide maps of each hole either on a scorecard, yardage book or with signs on the course. They do have a drone fly over of each hole on their website though, which IMO is very helpful for a first time visitor.

Selfishly I just want them to finish renovating all the bunkers. It has made a world of difference in aesthetics and playability for the ones they have done.

Agreed, your course is pretty good for a muni with the amount if play it gets.

I would like better towels to shower with at my course.

My "home course" could use a clubhouse renovation. They have a modular trailer type structure that has a couple tables and small snack counter. Other than the deck overlooking the 16th fairway, it's not a very inviting after round hangout.

Back