Taylormade M2 tour and RSI1/2

topspark

Reaction score
Handicap
me
just after some information regarding the tailormade M2 tour irons.
Has anyone compared them to the RSI2 or RSI1 irons?
The differences physically and then also the distance and dispersion.
I assume these are a replacement for the RSI2's?
And where are they placed against the PSI irons?

Ummm, i think replace rsi1. M2 normal its very chunky, for me is a sg iron.
Psi replace a rsi2

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

That link is for the regular M2 standard irons, not the M2 tour as they are definitely different. They are SGI, and they replace the Aeroburner irons. As stated above, the standard PSI replace the RSI 2's, so I guess you can assume kind of that the M2 tour replace the RSI 1. With that said the M2 tour is a really nice looking iron, especially from address. If you compare in person, which I did, but have not hit yet, the M2 tour is slightly shorter heel to toe than a JPX 850 forged with a slightly thicker topline and sole. Next to the PSI, they are really close, but the topline is slightly thicker and maybe the sole a tad more wide. No face slots on the M2 tour which I think is nice. Also next to the XR pro's, they are slightly longer heel to toe, but the topline looked to be slightly thinner. They really are an attractive club when you set it down. I think from what I've read and seen, they are really going to have game improvement qualities, (a little more distance and height on the ball), with a close to player's iron look to them. Rick Shiels has a good video on youtube for them. He really liked them a lot.

That link is for the regular M2 standard irons, not the M2 tour as they are definitely different. They are SGI, and they replace the Aeroburner irons. As stated above, the standard PSI replace the RSI 2's, so I guess you can assume kind of that the M2 tour replace the RSI 1. With that said the M2 tour is a really nice looking iron, especially from address. If you compare in person, which I did, but have not hit yet, the M2 tour is slightly shorter heel to toe than a JPX 850 forged with a slightly thicker topline and sole. Next to the PSI, they are really close, but the topline is slightly thicker and maybe the sole a tad more wide. No face slots on the M2 tour which I think is nice. Also next to the XR pro's, they are slightly longer heel to toe, but the topline looked to be slightly thinner. They really are an attractive club when you set it down. I think from what I've read and seen, they are really going to have game improvement qualities, (a little more distance and height on the ball), with a close to player's iron look to them. Rick Shiels has a good video on youtube for them. He really liked them a lot.

I am quite aware it's for a different set of irons, but the thread I linked is heavily visited by members and guests, and the question might get seen there as well.

Shiels review of them, well, seems a bit too scripted for my liking.

Doesn't seem anymore scripted than any of his other reviews. I understand your point, as sometimes the guys on youtube seem really convincing, and other times you're like....this guy is full of crap!

As someone who plays Ap1's, they look very, very similar at address, besides the colour. They're slightly larger than the PSi, but less offset than the PSi. Made to launch higher than the PSi also. I didn't really spend much time with the RS series last season, so can't really compare them for you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I am getting very interested in these. I hope there is more feedback.

Back