TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

that was impressive hole. There were a couple where the toe miss went a lot further than we had expected.
I experienced this as well. In fact, the evolve golf contest was a high toe shot for me. Still went long and straight.

I experienced this as well. In fact, the evolve golf contest was a high toe shot for me. Still went long and straight.

i hit this back during initial release and never really gave it much thought and coming into club clash I wanted to give it a fair shot so spent about 5 mins with it on the range Friday before putting it on the monitor and was impressed with center to toe hits.

Had it on the course twice and was surprised by how it performed for our group on Sunday. On 14 iirc (water down right side and bunkers on right side if FW) we had a string with right to left and coming at us. I played for the wind to blow it back toward the fairway and it just held it's line and never moved.

If it wasn't for some other drivers performing as good or slightly better and me Loki g the feel of them over this I would have this in my bag.

Had my first poor round with this club since I bought it in October. At the same time it was my best iron and wedge day in that same time.

Misses were low and left but in play, somewhat reminiscent of the SLDR but not as bad. I blame my swing today, need to get to the range.

I just started playing with my replacement driver. I traded the 8.5 head for a 10.5. Ball flight flies really straight to my club path. I hit a number of great drives messing around after work today. Distance was very consistent. On a low heel stroke I was 280yds and the rest were 317- 332. I still may end up cranking the loft up just a tad. These were with both weights in middle positions.

I got my new M1 out on the range and course yesterday and Im happy to report that this club still rules. I was still a little stiff from Club Clash and a workout the day before so I didnt feel super great swinging, but I still went 4/5 on fairways and all 4 were dead straight and right where I was aimed. Distance was on par with my previous gamer (XR/Oban Devotion 6) so I think I can squeeze a few more yards out of when I feel more loose. The dispersion is a huge improvement and I got a couple wows from the guys I played with for how accurate I was with it. I cant wait to get more rounds with thing. Sooo awesome.

In my last post I wrote I had my first disappointing round with this club. I spent some time on the range today and got things worked out. I opened my stance a little and stop swinging so far out to the right and the hooks disappeared.

Flight I was seeing today was a mid to mid high flight. Probably not the optimal carry but with the desert fairways the ball will roll forever with that trajectory. The balls at the range aren't the best I'll keep an eye on the flight next time out.

I got another 18 in with the M1 yesterday. I did not have my swing yesterday but I was surprised that despite spraying the ball around all round, the ball still flew really straight. I hit a few of my patented push-fades and they only bled out about a third as much as they usually do. My mishits (pretty much every drive) still had really good distance to them. For as inconsistent as I was swinging, I wasnt penalized nearly as much as I usually am. Although I didnt want to have a day like this so soon, Im really happy to see that this club can keep me in play somewhat. We'll see if that trend continues the next time I have an off day from the tee.

I've noticed that after my injury and getting fit into the X flex Aldila Tour Green my swing speed has dropped back down to where I definitely need a stiff flex. Before my injury I was at 111 and now in around 103-105. Still love my M1 but the distance loss is quite noticeable compared to when I first got it due to the swing speed drop.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hit this well again today and this was the first round since cutting it down a bit and adding 6g weight to the head. Im loving the way this driver is performing for me!

I just got done comparing my M12 every driver at Golfsmith and the only thing that beat out my M1 was the Ping G LS Tech. I was carrying my M1 around 2:30 to 2:40 but the total distance of 265 and the ping I was carrying around 245 with the total of 275 to 280. I have an extra stiff shaft in my M1 but just a stiff shaft in the Ping so once my graphite design m9003 stiff shafts arrive for my M1 test those two again

I just got done comparing my M12 every driver at Golfsmith and the only thing that beat out my M1 was the Ping G LS Tech. I was carrying my M1 around 2:30 to 2:40 but the total distance of 265 and the ping I was carrying around 245 with the total of 275 to 280. I have an extra stiff shaft in my M1 but just a stiff shaft in the Ping so once my graphite design m9003 stiff shafts arrive for my M1 test those two again

I liked the LS Tec too. Only things I didnt like were the sound and that it seemed to get caught up in the wind some compared to the M1. A lot of people did well with the LS Tec. Its a really good club

I liked the LS Tec too. Only things I didnt like were the sound and that it seemed to get caught up in the wind some compared to the M1. A lot of people did well with the LS Tec. Its a really good club
I love them both but seeing the numbers increase that much I had to get it and give it a fair shot compared to my M1.i think once my Graphite design Tour AD M9003 stiff congress on Thursday it'll be apples to apples as I have the Tour Green in X flex in my M1 now. It was what I was fit into before my injury but my swing speed is way back down so I need a stiff again.

Finally pulled the trigger and snagged one. I'll be hitting the Sims to get some comparison numbers between this and my r15 as well as my old faithful. My own driver battle if you will. Can't wait!

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

I did a little experiment, I switched the 12 gram silver part of the front weight with the 8 gram silver part of the back weight, essentially taking 4 grams from the front and adding it to the back. Reality is that I noticed very little if any difference but I liked what I was seeing anyway so I'll keep it there. I have yet to have a shot balloon on me so I'm not worried about too much spin or height.

I've had the club for over 6 months now, the face has held up really well. It looks like new with no scratches or marks on it. I have been careful to not hit any overly dirty or scuffed up range balls with it. Really happy with this club.

e
I was between these 2 drivers as well, ended up going with Ping LS tech, as I found it more forgiving, so far seeing great results on the course.

Question for those that use this club and use a power fade as a stock shot:

Do you leave the face weight at neutral and manipulate the face with your hands as you are swinging left or do you put the weight in the fade setting and just swing left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the weight set to neutral for my powerfade.
However with the M1 I can now hit straight ones, draws or fades as I want (more or less) and therefore now use my old gotoshot powerfade less and less.

The TM fitter told me that I should set the weight to where I tend to hit the ball on the face. Came out that I hit the ball slightly towards the toe, so according to the fitter I set the weight two steps toward fade seting. But that didn't work at all for me. My powerfades turned into uncontrolled slices - so moved the weight back to neutral and now just swing outside in for fades and inside out for draws

I have the weight set to neutral for my powerfade.
However with the M1 I can now hit straight ones, draws or fades as I want (more or less) and therefore now use my old gotoshot powerfade less and less.

The TM fitter told me that I should set the weight to where I tend to hit the ball on the face. Came out that I hit the ball slightly towards the toe, so according to the fitter I set the weight two steps toward fade seting. But that didn't work at all for me. My powerfades turned into uncontrolled slices - so moved the weight back to neutral and now just swing outside in for fades and inside out for draws

I have found that setting the weight where my face contact is has been best for me. 1-2 mph increase in ball speed when I hit it flush. I have it two clicks towards the heel from neutral. I can hit a draw or a fade from there by just changing my setup.

Anyone playing two front weights ?

Anyone playing two front weights ?

No but I do have 2 back weights, thought about tryin 2 fronts. My extra weight is only 6g though that I added after I cut it down a bit.

Played my first round after putting in my new Graphite Design Tour AD M9003 70g stiff shaft and had a great driving day. Distance was back up and accuracy was better. Definitely made a huge difference compared to the Aldila Tour Green X-Flex I was fitted for before my back injury. Now I think the G LS Tech might be getting returned to Golfsmith under their 30 day playability guarantee. I've been playing the M1 since it came out and it's definitely the most accurate and was the longest and I think it is the longest once again after the shaft change. I will still keep both drivers in the bag until I have a definitive winner.

I really need to find one of these heads after reading through this post.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

No but I do have 2 back weights, thought about tryin 2 fronts. My extra weight is only 6g though that I added after I cut it down a bit.

I need to make sure I check that setup out this weekend. Don't let me forget!

Where did you get the weights from?

Where did you get the weights from?

Ebay, you can see a small difference between it and the factory ones but its a weight and clamps up fine.

Back