PTx Irons For THPers - The 2016 Ben Hogan Experience

Guys, just a quick note. I know everybody is excited, but if you are in the THP Event, that we put together here, and have a question about the gear you will be given, please contact myself or GolferGal. Contacting the company directly about the equipment coming from THP through this event can cause some major confusion.

Thank you.

Going to be a small delay until Mid Week for the rest of the info as they are finishing something up for this event.

Hope the weather holds up for ya'll. It looks like it might be raining non stop here for the next 2 weeks.

JB, if the info is available yet, do we need to ship our irons to them this week? or maybe a better question when do they need them in hand?

JB, if the info is available yet, do we need to ship our irons to them this week? or maybe a better question when do they need them in hand?
Patience grasshopper...haha.

Sure enough my friend...just did not want to make a mistake. All is well and I am on ice or at least there is ice around the rum in my glass, but still excited like a kid on Christmas morning!!

Patience grasshopper...haha.

Well if I wasn't ready for the event, I am now...doesn't look like any golf or range time for me until Dallas thanks to the flooding in Houston this week. This is the first tee of one of the courses at my home club:

13043298_1260844653944500_6973009318378871649_n.jpg

WOW! Fortunately we aren't getting that kind of rain here in San Antonio

Hi guys
77130a8474841b39de35fecb991e16bc.jpg

Counting the days!

Is one thread better than another to discuss our potential answers to GG's PM?

Is one thread better than another to discuss our potential answers to GG's PM?

I would say this one. Keep that one for the reviews post event.

Well I'm gonna go with high lofts, Tour V in Stiff, and Lamkin Wrap Tec grips methinks. I need to do some research to figure out lie/length however.

So these will be ready for you when you get there?

So freaking excited for this. What are the rest of you guys thinking for specs?

Oh man this one is here almost. Really excited for you gents!!! Going to be a great follow!!!

So these will be ready for you when you get there?

Yes sir. Per my request, we did some tweaking so that the guys will all be able to put the clubs in play directly over the 2 days of action. Might even be some killer surprises up for grabs too.

Yes sir. Per my request, we did some tweaking so that the guys will all be able to put the clubs in play directly over the 2 days of action. Might even be some killer surprises up for grabs too.
Heeeell yeesssss!

Great idea I think. Getting to put the irons in play at the event always adds a little something, and at Cowboys to boot!

I'm excited!!!!

I am driving back from miami, is it OK if I respond to the specs around 6pm?

I'm a heavy lean toward Recoils but am undecided on lofts. I need to pop over to the Recoil thread to see how they play for trajectory then make a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am driving back from miami, is it OK if I respond to the specs around 6pm?

The earliest I can reply is sometime later tonight. I am at a disadvantage though, I have intentionally kept away from the online fitting process as I wanted the experience to be a surprise without preconceived notions. So, I'll be spending some time with the process tonight...

I asked for the mid high loft launch profile because those are the same lofts as my current short irons but spaced in 4* rather than 3* in the long irons.

I have been fit for 1* flat of the 714 AP2 standard lie angles so I asked for 1* flat in the PTx. They are almost the same lie angles so it should work out okay.

I asked for their Ben Hogan grips in Midsize. I prefer a larger or built up grip. I wanted their grips because I liked the blue color and Hogan name on them. I asked for logo down. My second choice would have been plane old black tour velvet midsize.

I've been fit 3 times now and the last two times I was fit for KBS Tour 130/X (2013) and X100 shafts (2015). So I've asked for X100 and have no issue paying the upcharge. The only two 130 gram X flex shafts on their upcharge shaft list were X100's and Modus 130/X, and I don't have any experience with the Modus shafts (though I hear good things). My second choice would be the Tour V X, but I tried them with the TM 14 TP CB's during my fitting at the Taylormade Lab and they launched crazy high and messed with my tempo.

So we'll see.

I wonder if PX LZ iron shafts are a potential option? I might be willing to pay for those bad boys!

Back