The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got that right.
People (majority) are very quick to forget they do get vacation every single week.
I realize it's late in the thread to be bringing this up.

But I know you wouldn't say this yourself, and most of us may forget that you and GG rarely if ever get a day off. That's in addition to all the travel you do and probably the late night phone work with people on the west coast. So the thought of someone saying 8 to 10 days off a month is not enough, understandably could leave you shaking your head.

I just scheduled my first real vacation in 9 years. First time since my 1 year wedding anniversary I've taken more than two days in row off from work. I'm dreading the feeling now and we're still over three weeks out from my trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just scheduled my first real vacation in 9 years. First time since my 1 year wedding anniversary I've taken more than two days in row off from work. I'm dreading the feeling now and we're still over three weeks out from my trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the same way. I can't remember the last time I've taken an entire week off from work. (Probably a trip to Ireland about 10 years ago.) My longest vacation is usually about three work days and a weekend, and I'm usually still working while I'm gone. Just part of the deal.

I'm the same way. I can't remember the last time I've taken an entire week off from work. (Probably a trip to Ireland about 10 years ago.) My longest vacation is usually about three work days and a weekend, and I'm usually still working while I'm gone. Just part of the deal.

I'm in the same field as you and there just something about stepping away from the desk at night that bothers me. I'm constantly checking my emails incase a client reaches out. Bugs the hell out of me but I guess if it didn't I'd be worried I'm in the wrong position

Hope they figure it out brother!

Ugh, good but not good

Hope its just a minor issue Pete.

Damn Pete. Two steps forward one back it seems. Hope they find out something on the thumb and it's not serious.

You don't need thumbs right?

hope it's nothing serious.

Ocarrol get well dude!

Dude, I feel for ya. Going thru a bit of an injury myself. Always trying to find the positive but then things seem to get realistic and rough. Hoping for the best.
My follow-up was earlier. Apparently the numbness is totally normal and just part of the nerve regeneration. He took my stitches out and said he doesn't need to see me again. And when I asked about golf, he responded with: "get back out there **ssy!"

My follow-up was earlier. Apparently the numbness is totally normal and just part of the nerve regeneration. He took my stitches out and said he doesn't need to see me again. And when I asked about golf, he responded with: "get back out there **ssy!"
Great to hear. I had the same thing following my knee surgery with some numbness in my feet. It went away mostly, but still pops up now and then.

hmmm, so when we playing?

I realize it's late in the thread to be bringing this up.

But I know you wouldn't say this yourself, and most of us may forget that you and GG rarely if ever get a day off. That's in addition to all the travel you do and probably the late night phone work with people on the west coast. So the thought of someone saying 8 to 10 days off a month is not enough, understandably could leave you shaking your head.

But I have had other jobs. Many of them in fact. I believe that if we look at it from a purely work stand point, and take a month at roughly 28-31 days (since 4 weeks is an easy number) to say that someone "needs" more than 30 percent of them off seems crazy to me. And yet then point the finger at the person that is paying the bill as the evil empire.

That's a major deal there. My mom had the most uncomfortable furniture for me. You gotta pick out your own stuff.

Get one of those massage chairs, the ones with the rollers, not the vibrating ones.

Recliners with the electric foot rest. :clapp:

Why do young people always get sick and can't make it to work? And not even young, this guy is 30 years old.

Effing ridiculous. Now I have to get up early.

Let's meet over some Chipotle and we can talk pay and all that good stuff for my new job.

BMI is a joke. The only way to know where you really stand body weight wise is through a dexa scan or bodpod to get body fat numbers. Might look into that dude. I am thinking about doing it soon. FYI if you have any questions feel free to reach out... I've been at this for awhile

My company offered the Bodpod experience for one of the wellness contests we were doing. It was very interesting to see the numbers. It didn't motivate me any, but for the right person, that could really motivate them to make changes. The cool thing was we used it twice. Once at the beginning and once at the end of the contest. For those that made changes, I'm sure they were able to see changes in the numbers. Be warned though, the pod smelled like dirty feet and sweaty bodies. Just a heads up on that.

But I have had other jobs. Many of them in fact. I believe that if we look at it from a purely work stand point, and take a month at roughly 28-31 days (since 4 weeks is an easy number) to say that someone "needs" more than 30 percent of them off seems crazy to me. And yet then point the finger at the person that is paying the bill as the evil empire.
I know you have, but still for the bettter part of 8 or 9 years, you haven't really had vacation....you can blame the CEO :)

You know what's also funny, is I believe it's common in Europe for workers to have much more vacation time than Americans for whatever that's worth.

Im disgusted with just how disorganized I am

Im disgusted with just how disorganized I am

Me too and I have really begun to change it with little things. Calendar was a start. Notes was another (Evernote). Really working on getting everything in order.

Me too and I have really begun to change it with little things. Calendar was a start. Notes was another (Evernote). Really working on getting everything in order.

Im fairly certain something Ive carried around with me in my laptop bag for 2 years has disappeared between April 8th and today which really complicates work I was doing for the PTA. And whoever decided that it should be tracked on a thumb drive is an idiot (but still my fault)

He's obviously never seen you play...

(Glad the thumb is okay.)

Im fairly certain something Ive carried around with me in my laptop bag for 2 years has disappeared between April 8th and today which really complicates work I was doing for the PTA. And whoever decided that it should be tracked on a thumb drive is an idiot (but still my fault)

No reason for a thumb drive for that kind of thing with cloud drives, evernote, etc. But yeah that is tough.

Put in on the line. In the clouds.

Put in on the line. In the clouds.
Agreed the one i will be able to next year the other i wont (since im done) but unfortunately alot of data is lost if it doesnt surface soon.

Well that's the question isn't it? Right now I'm living my original dream and its dawning on me that the day to day stress doesn't equal the compensation - but it's a good gig and I like the work.

My main issues with this job are industry-related and I only know this industry. Upheaving current stability to simply try the same industry from another angle will probably just land me in the same spot in a few years.

A good job is something I don't take lightly and can be tough to find.
Amen to that. As I told you with my current situation, it's borderline insane to throw away a good gig on the off chance of something that may or may not actually be an improvement. Feeling underpaid is not a cool fish pond to hang out in though.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I am tired of Dr visits. Not just the interruption to my work schedule but the more I go the worse the news is becoming. Once I clear one hurtle, the next one comes even bigger. Completely drained mentally. Anxienty level is at an all time high right now. Just want to crawl under a rock for a while.

I am tired of Dr visits. Not just the interruption to my work schedule but the more I go the worse the news is becoming. Once I clear one hurtle, the next one comes even bigger. Completely drained mentally. Anxienty level is at an all time high right now. Just want to crawl under a rock for a while.
I feel ya, I am doctor right now my right arm is still numb and my neck is killing me. Seems one thing gets better then something else happens

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back