THP Summer Cup 2016

it does , it has 3 courses and they have an offer for 2 nights B & B, dinner both nights and 3 rounds of golf from £139 which seems a good deal.
Just looked at it.. Seems like a great place! :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

it does , it has 3 courses and they have an offer for 2 nights B & B, dinner both nights and 3 rounds of golf from £139 which seems a good deal.
One of the courses is a 'mini'. A par 3 I imagine. That said, it looks a nice place, within 30 miles of two airports for the foreign folk.

One of the courses is a 'mini'. A par 3 I imagine. That said, it looks a nice place, within 30 miles of two airports for the foreign folk.
i seen that, the 2 big courses look good though.

mid July suits me as the Monday is a bank holiday for me. The other dates are fine as well

Last edited:
If the date fits then count me in :D

Right - Proving tough (impossible) to get a date that works for everyone, so some disappointment is inevitable.

I have gone of the following criteria:

1: We would like our Champion and runner-up to defend if possible
2: If I'm going to organise it, it's going to be a day that I can attend:D

That has brought us to two possible weekends.

1. Weekend of Saturday 16th July- possibly Saturday/Sunday or possibly Sunday/Monday
2. Weekend of Saturday 27th August - possibly etc etc

I am waiting for availability and prices from a couple of venues - which may swing it one way or the other. If not - we'll go for simple attendee vote

As noted above - whichever one is chosen is going to disappoint someone...

Sorry Stu can't make either of those dates. Enjoy yourselves

I think the July weekend was one I had already provisionally booked off for something that has since changed so I can't see a problem with that one and the August weekend should be okay as well

Will be waiting to see the possible venues

Really glad to see this pop up again this year. The U.K. Cup thread is always a blast to follow.

It is with mixed feelings that I post this, as I know that for some - these dates are not doable. I just could not get dates that were going to suit everyone. Also - availability was proving an issue with some venues.

Ultimately - the cookie has crumbled as follows:

Time: Sunday 17th of July - Tee times from 13:52 Premier Course
Monday 18th of July - Tee times from 09:20 Championship Course

Manner: with a smile and a laugh please

Place: MacDonald Portal Hotel, Golf & Spa - Cheshire (Euros - fly into Liverpool John Lennon airport or Manchester - both 30 miles)
http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/theportal

The Deal

£140 a head + optional polo shirt charge, which we'll do separately.

Gets you Sunday night in a twin or double. Bring your own bed mate or pick a Hacker or I'll pick one for you.

Tea / Coffee and Bacon roll on arrival. (Vegetarians may choose Tea / Coffee and empty roll)
3 Course dinner from the Market Menu on Sunday.
Full English breakfast on Monday morning.
Full use of leisure facilities (pool, steam rooms, saunas and gym)
20% discount on drinks in the hotel bar
10% off items purchased in the Pro Shop

That's the deal boys and girls.

It is the Sunday of the Open - so put bluntly, we will miss it.

Having gone North last year - i was looking to go South this year - and to all Southerners, Cheshire is firmly North - however, any Scot will tell you, its still South from their point of view.

I'll open another thread to where I can put all details together and list up confirmed attendees - but please comment on this one in the meantime. As always - the more people we can get on board, the more fun it will be...

County me in! :) haven't checked with work yet.. But I'm not going to miss this! :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Good for me, I know a few who have played and stayed there and had a good time on & off the courses.

Great stuff - new thread up and running.

Back