2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

Some thoughts from a few different drivers today.

M1- Nothing but positive things to say. My first tee shot of the day was a Bob, left me with a short iron into a par 5. Even when I hit it poorly it was straight, just no height. I could game this driver with no issues.

Vapor Flex was no Bueno for me. I just get no feedback from the club. And both drives were two of my worst of the day.

The Ping G was solid, but was a bit low launching for me. But they were all in the short grass and very playable.

Mizuno JPX EZ. This is one of this clubs you don't want to work, but it just does. I flat out could not miss with it. Probably not the longest, but plenty out there who you are dead center of the fairway.

M1- Nothing but positive things to say. My first tee shot of the day was a Bob, left me with a short iron into a par 5. Even when I hit it poorly it was straight, just no height. I could game this driver with no issues.

Vapor Flex was no Bueno for me. I just get no feedback from the club. And both drives were two of my worst of the day.

The Ping G was solid, but was a bit low launching for me. But they were all in the short grass and very playable.

Mizuno JPX EZ. This is one of this clubs you don't want to work, but it just does. I flat out could not miss with it. Probably not the longest, but plenty out there who you are dead center of the fairway.

I share your thoughts on the JPX. Probably not the longest but dang easy to hit and always consistent in the fairway.

+1 to the JPX EZ. It was hit well today by my group and definitely quite a bit on the range Friday as well.

2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

Don't know if this was posted and to lazy/mentally drained to look back

Pretty good swing position for a change

538cdbdf13d586048689445720354b6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 to the JPX EZ. It was hit well today by my group and definitely quite a bit on the range Friday as well.

I thought it was incredibly easy to hit.

The JPX EZ was also my favorite look from a non-classic sense. The silver crown was really nice.

I have to say in a broad sense that what we did today was very interesting and a ton of fun. Changing drivers every hole or two really let you form a quick impression to go along with the broader thoughts from yesterday...or allow you to swing something that got missed in the testing. As I've listened to people talk, it has also confirmed for me that the club companies are all making worthwhile products and personal preferences can lead beyond even the raw numbers when it comes to picking/buying what you want to play with. It is also very impressive to me the strides some companies have made in creating lines that allow for broader acceptance both subjectively and objectively.

Top 3 drivers for me based on numbers both on the Flight Scope and on course performance are the Callaway XR16 Pro, the Nike Vapor Fly and the Callaway XR16. I absolutely love the XR16 Pro. Such a beast of a club.

The M1 and the Ping G Series Drivers have been poor performers for me to this point. And the sound of the Ping G series drivers on miss hits is just awful.

Hoping that after a good night's rest I can see better results with the my swings. I was completely wiped out before we finished and I don't think I was able to give a good enough swing on the clubs the last several holes to give accurate feedback on them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm not much of a "numbers" guy when it comes to clubs. I just hit things and see what I like.

With that said, while looking at my driver cards from yesterday, I noticed that the XR16 Pro gave me 165 ball speed and 304 carry (wind aided). Seemed to correlate with the on-course findings today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just catching up. Wow what a day. Sounds like tough conditions, but still getting some great info on the drivers.
What an amazing event, with some pretty fun contests!

Be careful out there tomorrow GG!

Wonderful updates today guys, I really enjoyed catching up this evening.

..and all that said, I think this post owns the day.

It's all good. Kids weren't in the cards for us anyhow. Hahaha

The boss is a champ.

Really enjoyed combing through all the posts these last couple days. It's interesting to hear live feedback on all the different drivers that are available too. It seems like the Srixon z355 caught some people by surprise!

Took me a while to get caught up in this thread but it was quite entertaining.

That par 3 contest for a driver sounds really tough yet JonD nailed it twice! Amazing!

Pretty awesome to hear other thpers winning wicked prizes!

Hope GG is alright!

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Reminder, be at the course early today so that we can do the Evolve Golf Contest.

Great stuff from all. Amazing how many different sticks fit different swings. I'm a bit old fashion and not a real numbers guy. I like real world conditions. Sounds like they were real world yesterday. A lot of live for quite a few different manufactures. Good info. And glad to hear GG is ok hope she stays out of the line of fire today.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm totally fine. However, my face is swollen to twice it's size from wind/sun burn so I won't be out there today.

Oh that not good, good thing you got people! Enjoy the day

It was very enjoyable and informative to read all the inputs and driver reviews for this event. It sounds like a super success! I'm sure everyone had a great time even with the weather!

I'm totally fine. However, my face is swollen to twice it's size from wind/sun burn so I won't be out there today.
Hope you feel better. It's was great seeing you as always and thank you fit another great event!

After the first two days of following along. I totally expected some of the results I'm reading based on forum feed back so far in 2016. The Mizuno offering is a bit of a shock, the 355 love is interesting too. It seems like to me that the 355 is stealing the show as a sleeper. It works well across the Handicap spectrum.

Great coverage all. The Mizuno and Srixon love surprised me and glad to see the M2 is performing for others as well.

Great stuff everyone. I know it can be hard to play and update unless your name is WarEagle but well done on keeping us in the loop with the photos and thoughts.

I might have missed it, but wondering what people thought of the TEE on the course as on the range people seemed to like it?

Great stuff everyone. I know it can be hard to play and update unless your name is WarEagle but well done on keeping us in the loop with the photos and thoughts.

I might have missed it, but wondering what people thought of the TEE on the course as on the range people seemed to like it?
I hit it really well ( for me) on the range friday. The mid ball flight got me all kinds of roll. On the course had one of my 5 longest drives with it. Could use a little more launch and spin for me but i could see where this could work for lots of people (war eagle)

Wow what a thread! Just finished catching up on yesterday. So much fun, the on course updates were great and the contests were very cool. And the new measurement of wardy's had me laughing.

As far as the clubs, it seems like the XR16 and M1 getting a lot of love, and the surprising Mizuno. One thing I'm not sure if I missed or not but is there a clear least liked driver in the whole bunch?

Back