Trying To Break 90 Club

I'll always grab a couple muffins at the course for those morning rounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43/45 for an 88 from a tick under 6500 today, sprinkled on me a little bit but I stayed with it. Putted much better today than I have lately and seemed to have found my stroke again and the chipping was better. Did have a penalty on a par 5 on the front and had to hit 3 off the tee and ended up with a double, that par would have been nice. Really rough start on the back where I doubled 10, 11, and 12 and then bogeyed 13 and parred 14 to get it back together. Then bogey, par, par, and finished with a bogey.

Got another lesson on Tuesday and then a weekly 2 hour swing clinic starts the next week, so hopefully I'll continue to see the improvements. I'm happy with the results I've seen after my first lesson and putting in a lot of practice time the last two weeks!

Set a new PB for my home course yesterday: 85

Felt great playing and the after round beer tasted so sweet, the 3 putt at the end was a 60' that I totally misread the break

What app or program is this?

That is from where I enter my scores at Golf Canada

Ok thanks. I've been looking for an app that tracks all of those stats.

Ok thanks. I've been looking for an app that tracks all of those stats.

Try golf score app.

I shot 49 today from the gold/back tees. 3526 (7058 total) yards, rated at 74.2/140.

My intent is to hit an 8 iron or less into every green and accomplished that on the holes where I hit the driver okay. The times where I had to hit a longer club where all from being out of position due to poor drives (blocks). I found a few green side bunkers that I didn't hit well enough out of to minimize putting. My short game killed me because if I didn't two chip/pitch, I hit the ball far enough from the hole that I still ended up two putting. And on one of the par 3's I made the GIR and still 3 putted. The 9th hole par 4 hurt me worst with the only penalty off the tee left into water. I dropped for 2, then hit a block with 3. Then two pitched to get on and 2 putted for a triple bogey 7.

90 today, blew up on the front for a bit, settled down on the back and shaved 2 strokes from PB back 9

I shot 49 today from the gold/back tees. 3526 (7058 total) yards, rated at 74.2/140.

My intent is to hit an 8 iron or less into every green and accomplished that on the holes where I hit the driver okay. The times where I had to hit a longer club where all from being out of position due to poor drives (blocks). I found a few green side bunkers that I didn't hit well enough out of to minimize putting. My short game killed me because if I didn't two chip/pitch, I hit the ball far enough from the hole that I still ended up two putting. And on one of the par 3's I made the GIR and still 3 putted. The 9th hole par 4 hurt me worst with the only penalty off the tee left into water. I dropped for 2, then hit a block with 3. Then two pitched to get on and 2 putted for a triple bogey 7.

That's pretty solid golf on that kind of course! My 6500 yards was on a 71.1/128 rated course. I would imagine that the greens weren't a cake walk there so 3-putts are gonna happen.

I just got back from the course, my best score of 2016 so far with a 45-46 91. I was struggling a lot getting to the green, but I had quite a bit of success scrambling for bogeys. I think I hit maybe 2 fairways and 2 greens, but chipping was on, and I had only 30 putts.

the course was opening today and was wet and soggy, so soft that the walking and pushing the clicgear was much harder, at the end I had no legs at all, and I won't be moving from my couch tonight! I wonder if that fatigue didn't affect me at the end, I had my only blow up hole on 16, a triple., but I managed to bounce back with bogey par on 17 and 18.

I can't wait to play on dry courses, extra roll on tee shots will be nice, and when your feet sink and inch or two in the grass every step you make, you can expect to slip a bit when you swing.

I just got back from the course, my best score of 2016 so far with a 45-46 91. I was struggling a lot getting to the green, but I had quite a bit of success scrambling for bogeys. I think I hit maybe 2 fairways and 2 greens, but chipping was on, and I had only 30 putts.

the course was opening today and was wet and soggy, so soft that the walking and pushing the clicgear was much harder, at the end I had no legs at all, and I won't be moving from my couch tonight! I wonder if that fatigue didn't affect me at the end, I had my only blow up hole on 16, a triple., but I managed to bounce back with bogey par on 17 and 18.

I can't wait to play on dry courses, extra roll on tee shots will be nice, and when your feet sink and inch or two in the grass every step you make, you can expect to slip a bit when you swing.
Good stuff Marty.

So the scoring season started here April 1st and I've found myself in a bit of a rut. I've gone 50/54 104, 47/52 99, 50/53 103. I'm doing a better job of not letting my weight outside of my right knee and I am making solid contact on good strikes but it is spotty as I've tried to tune up my swing. Short game is okay, but it can't cover up all my misses unfortunately. Most recent round was probably the best as far as quality of contact, and I had 10 holes of bogey or better. Hopefully with practice and playing more it cleans up.

Had a bitter sweet round today. After being in a slump for a couple weeks, finally broke 90 again. 43/46 89. On the back nine I was 4 over through the first 6 holes and proceeded to go triple bogey, bogey and double bogey. Not a good way to end a round.

Best score of the year so far with an 87(42/45). Everything was inconsistent except the short game. 28 putts and it wasn't cause I putted great but was leaving myself tap-ins. 6 FW, 2 GIR.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Trying To Break 90 Club

First 18 of the year and shot 47/48 for 95. Only 1 penalty stroke and 1 "Snowman". Greens were just aerated. I have an under 90 round in me.

Last edited:
51/46 for 97 today. I seem to be getting into a habit of playing poor the front 9 and then making corrections for the back 9 to do a little better.

51/46 for 97 today. I seem to be getting into a habit of playing poor the front 9 and then making corrections for the back 9 to do a little better.

Do you hit balls prior to starting your round?

Best score of the year so far with an 87(42/45). Everything was inconsistent except the short game. 28 putts and it wasn't cause I putted great but was leaving myself tap-ins. 6 FW, 2 GIR.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Awesome Andy! Nice work dude

Broke 90 for the first time today! 42/46. With 3 three putt bogeys, ughhhh.
Was my goal for the season... guess I'll need a new goal.

Do you hit balls prior to starting your round?

Yes, but sometimes I feel like the range and front 9 is a hunt to find my swing every round. Like there is always some piece that's off that I have to figure out and fix. One of these days I think I'm going to create a check list of setup/swing cues to work on at the range before my rounds.

Yes, but sometimes I feel like the range and front 9 is a hunt to find my swing every round. Like there is always some piece that's off that I have to figure out and fix. One of these days I think I'm going to create a check list of setup/swing cues to work on at the range before my rounds.

I know what you mean. I try and hit 50 balls on the range prior to a round then just swing on the course. Get the thinking about feelings, and hunting out the way prior to the first tee. It seems to be working at the moment.

First round of the year and shot a 93. Had a penalty in the water and a couple greens I completely misread and 3/4 putted - the round had the makings of an 8x otherwise.

44/50-94 today on a difficult par 71. Dropped a 9 on a long par 5 but other than that had a solid round with Daddio, so-illhacker and Mr. 3putt.

Same course as last weekend, only 9 holes. I just sucked today shot 49 and it could have been worse. Head was all over the place. Shake it off and move on...

I played yesterday... Quit keeping score after 7 holes. It was that bad. Worst round I've had in years. Craziest thing? Might have been the best day with the driver I've ever had. Everything else a disaster though.

Back