What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played the 2016 B330rx all weekend and I am happy with the performance out of this ball and think its a better overall ball than the previous version. The only thing Im not seeing is the better durability that is supposed to be there. Its not worse than before but not better either.

Last ball I played was a Titleist Velocity ... I left my balls at home and purchased a box of these from the shop at the course just to try them... Not a bad ball at all... I got a box of ProV1's and a box of B330's in the mail... Planning on gaming the ProV's for 4 rounds and then then the 330's for 4 rounds.. Looking for a better ball now that I am going a few rounds without losing any..

Played a ChromeSoft today for 9 holes. Great ball - really strong distance and I love the feel off of irons. It is s touch hot w putter. Had three sand saves, which is a record for me, so I put it in the bag. Pulled out a Vision 808 ball. Felt firmer, less greenside spin but great distance off the driver and steady iron distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played the 2016 B330rx all weekend and I am happy with the performance out of this ball and think its a better overall ball than the previous version. The only thing Im not seeing is the better durability that is supposed to be there. Its not worse than before but not better either.

Glad you made a comment about this, I was going too in my post but forgot to mention it. I played with a 330RX on the back nine today and hit a very dry areas of the course and got scuff marks on the ball. I thought that the new RX was supposed to have a cover that "heals itself" to a degree. Still a good ball though!

Well Sunday I played 18 using the TaylorMade Project a and Bridgestone 330-S. Today I pretty much played the Project a. I am really likeing the Project a. Off my driver it is long and I like the soft feel off the driver. The Bridgestone was long also but felt hard. With the Project, my irons felt like they were slicing through butter. On the green, I could check up with 3 feet. For a low in ball at $20/doz, I think TaylorMade has a winner! Tim

Played half of my 18 on Saturday with the 2016 TM project (a) and half with the 2016 Cally Chrome Soft. Both very similar balls and both were good performers IMO. Would need a launch monitor to tell the difference, but from on course results, I enjoy both.

Played the pro v1x in st. Louis. Best ball striking ive had in a while. I do love this ball!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Played the Prov1 and Z Star today and can't really decide on which one I like the most. I "think" the ProV1 may feel softer...but I could be just mental lol

After screwing around on the front today w a few balls, I played the back 9 in windy conditions with a Titleist NXT Tour.
Holy Mama, this ball is LONG!!! I had two of the longest drives I have hit today, one uphill with a crosswind left me w 116 to the center on a 420 yd hole. Another was playing every inch of 402 yds, I had 121 to the middle of the green, INTO THE WIND! I was 60 yds in front of my playing partners on the 420 hole.
Good greenside spin, not great, but some roll out on approach shots (GW into the wind had 6 ft roll out - certainly did not have the ProV zip).
Putter - It was find.

I may start to play this ball more often when the wind is blowing!!

Played 9 tonight with the 2015 B330-S. I've been fit to this ball multiple times and it reminded me why I bought 4 dozen at the end of last year. So good on all accounts. I do prefer the softer cover on the 2016 version, but 2015 is really really good too.

Played 9 today and mainly the Supersoft but I did have a sleeve of Yellow/Black Truvis Chromesoft and played them for the last three holes. On #7 I played both balls (I was a single behind a deuce). Two drives, they were side-by-side separated by about 12 feet. Second shots I missed the green with both and they were again about 10' apart. Chipped both up to about 4' and made two pars. Just played the Chromesoft on the last two holes and it was fine. To me a lot like the Supersoft. I need to play the Chromesoft a bit more to see how it spins hitting the green. Since I missed every green on the 9 I played, not a lot of chances to see that. Thank god I my scrambling was OK. 1 sand save and a bunch of up and downs for a 39.

Played last year Q Stars on Sunday. Picked the box up cheap so thought I would try them. Ball is ok at best for me playability wise. Durability has been poor compared to Supersofts and Chromesofts that I usually play. Had one that was already marked up after only using for one hole and was in the fairway the whole way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TM Project(a)s, got a free sleeve so I figured I'd use those until I lost them on a course I've only played a time or two rather than risk the few remaining DuoUs I got for $20/dz. Shot a PB 79 for that course, didn't lose a ball, but one had to be relegated to practice ball status with a nice cart path scuff. They may be giving the DuoUs a run. Had a dozen project(a)s a few months ago and really was not a fan, but these worked well. May be more the archer than the arrow since I'm playing much better now than I did the first go around, either way, I was impressed and the free sleeve did it's job in peaking my interest.

I have always played whatever was in my bag (found balls, free balls from a tournament, etc)

I've now played the Q-star for two seasons and don't see a reason to change. The ball has never given me an excuse and has never been 'what went wrong' on a bad hole.

Callaway Chrome Soft. Didnt like it at first, but now I cant argue with the results. Ive been dropping bombs, straighter ones, since ive moved from srixon zstar XV. I attribute some of it to my practice and changes ive made, but im definitely hitting a few yards longer with all irons, and reaching 300+ more frequently. Its gonna take it little bit to hone in my yardages with wedges from 140yd and in, but im gonna do it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Bridgestone B330RX wasn't too impressed to be honest. Scuffs easier than advertised and doesn't nearly spin as well as my current gamer. I'm used to the Drop & Stop performance of the ProV1. Wasn't nearly as long either , 5 - 10 yards behind. Oh well

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bridgestone B series. B330rxs Saturday and part of Sunday. B330 the rest of Sunday. Love the B330. My Favorite golf ball out there.

b330-rx again last weekend. I don't think I get as much spin around the greens with it as I did with the XV but the ball continues to perform for me. it is the prior generation though. I will put it in play this weekend for sure.

Still gaming the Maxfli Softfli early in the season. I'm using the orange ones that were 2 dozen for $25 from last season. I finally had to throw one out after way too many rounds on it. I got my self out of position off the tee and my second shot had to go up between a tree line. Couldn't see or reach the green but new about the cart path way up there. My 3 wood shot hit it on the fly from a high decent and made one more bounce on it for good measure. When I went to tee off on the next hole is when I noticed a crack in the ball. I can't complain because that ball has been around the course many times.

Today I might try some yellow Wilson 50/50 Elites and maybe run these guys out till they are gone. Yellow is not one of my favorites in any brand. Too bad because I have 2 dozen of them left.

Really impressed with the Chrome Soft Truvis. Ball looks brand new after the round- even with a tree and cart path here and there. Fun watching the spin off wedges too.

Played 9 with the yellow/black truvis. Gotta say that it is easy to see and find, it was a soggy course and I need to play it more to really make a conclusion but no complaints and it was durable (cleaned up good). Off the driver, it seems similar to the Supersoft for me but with a soggy course I don't know how it will roll/bounce. With soft greens, don't really have any good data on how it stops relative to the SS. It's more expensive than the SS and, even if they are the same performing for me, I would be tempted to play them just cause I like how they look (& the red/white Truvis did nothing for me).

The new BStone Tour B330 at Club Clash.

This ball is awesome. Super improved feel and great distance. Cried a little when I lost my last of the dozen. I will aquire more.

Currently using Nike Tour RZN black! I'm seeing greater distance gains, and definitely more green spin with wedge shots.

After trying all the balls out there, im back to Chrome Soft, nothing touches this ball imo, ProV1x comes close, I really dont understand the Bridgestone hype, they have absolutly no touch around the green for me, but most people seem to rave about them. Ill be sticking with the Chrome Soft or Super Softs for now.

Some old Nike balls circa 2005 that my parents have had. They didn't play bad, but I did. Off-day.

Back