2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

Surprise drivers of the day was ping g and Nike vapor fly pro. Both were bit more spin than I'd like but I think that is something that can be fine tuned with shaft. Nike vapor pro is all around pleasing. Looks good, sounds great. The ping g is polar opposite but it's hard to ignore the launch and straight flight.

I think the new Ping offerings have surprised a lot of folks at this event.

I know it caught me by surprise.

I think the new Ping offerings have surprised a lot of folks at this event.

I know it caught me by surprise.

Definitely, I didn't mind the sound either although others did, will definitely have to look more into those. I always paid them no attention, not anymore

Hot tub time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hard to post everything on tapatalk. I'll get more thoughts down later when I get in front of a computer.

From today, though, the top performer for me was the XR16 Pro. I hit bomb after bomb with it, and there was incredibly small side movement. Point and shoot golf at its finest.

Honorable mention to the Ping G LS-Tec. All it wants to do it fly long and straight.

Such a fun day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This morning you were killing the xr16 this morning

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

4-5 club wind on the 17th right now. Good lord
I hit a 3h from 150 and ended up pin high...I was 40 yards left but still ?

Last edited:
What a great day. Had a blast with everyone. Today best drivers for me were F6+, xr16 pro and DBD

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ping G and Mizuno JPX....with the Wilson D200 being solidly in my top drivers.

I'm pondering a new thread.

"Things not to do at a THP Event."

Rule #1 would be: "Don't hit the owner of THP on a par 3 contest."
You conveniently left out "in the junk" :)

D200 is a plug and play driver. Easy to hit and straight.

ping SF Tec is point and shoot.

JGR, f6 are fun drivers to hit and pretty forgiving.

xr16 pro is a beast.

ltd when hit on the screws is long

Smoked us this morning. I provided no help to my partner today. I need to go back to the range for another 5 hrs!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Your partner wasn't any help to you either!

I didnt see as many different models as some others due to some repeats, but one of the repeats was the M1, and Im really happy that it was. Was definitely my top performer of the day.

I was glad to have a chance to play all 3 of my top range drivers today, and they were the 3 standout drivers of the day for me. They werent quite as close in performance as they were on the range though. I would rank them M1, Ping G LS Tec, XR Pro.

I had similar dispersion between the M1 and LS Tec but the M1 was a bit longer, although fatigue may have played a role in that. I was a little disappointed in my dispersion with XR Pro. I expected much better but I dont really think that the shaft was a great pairing for me.

Some others of note:

F5 was nice to swing and the head was easy to get through the zone to the ball, but the moon balls continued from the range, and in that wind today, that was not a good thing.

Cobra F6+ and LTD are consistently long clubs, and provided one of my best drives of the day. Biggest flaw for me was that I never really felt like I caught them on the screws, even though the flightscope had me at a 1.50 smash factor with the LTD. The plastic-like whiffle ball bat sound was tough for me to get past as well.

Both the Ping G and the XR16 I couldnt do anything but hit to the right. Lost a couple of balls with those two.

My brain isnt working very well right now so thats all I have for the moment.

Last edited:
Afwcardinal is crushing the M1 w/ Rogue 110 3.4-S. Two in a row he just slobber knocked
Absolutely loved this club today. Would not have ever chosen this club to throw in my bag,* but now,* I may be rethinking that.

D200 is a plug and play driver. Easy to hit and straight.

ping SF Tec is point and shoot.

JGR, f6 are fun drivers to hit and pretty forgiving.

xr16 pro is a beast.

ltd when hit on the screws is long

You forgot srixon 355
Have to agree with all these. D200 and the 355 were nearly identical in ease and flight for me. So easy to get out there and straight.
F6 and JGR were great clubs for me today. Enjoyed the results from yesterday's range and the results traveled to the course as well.
I didn't have the XR pro in either of my groups today. Hope to see both XR models on course tomorrow to see if the results carry over from what I saw on the range.

Might be my favorite driver. Absolutely love that club

This was the club I was most interested in hearing feedback on. It was super fun when I demoed it. That whole 355 line is solid.

This was the club I was most interested in hearing feedback on. It was super fun when I demoed it. That whole 355 line is solid.

The 355 driver was stupid easy to hit. It just launches the call straight and far.

Just getting caught up after a long day. Great seeing you guys have a blast out there.

1 1/2 Wardy will live forever. Can't believe War took out the CEO. And what about that 612 villa winning all the drivers. Well done.

Wow! Such a great thread and fun to follow!

Forgot about the JPX driver. It was pretty easy to keep in play and reasonably long. In the morning when I was struggling to hit anything straight I aimed for a bunker in the middle of the fairway and nailed the ball right into it. Cost me a stroke but one of the few times today I hit the ball exactly where I was aiming.

Just getting caught up after a long day. Great seeing you guys have a blast out there.

1 1/2 Wardy will live forever. Can't believe War took out the CEO. And what about that 612 villa winning all the drivers. Well done.
Everyone in 612 except for the new guy has won something. Somebody needs to throw some luck my way.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Back