Military post golf courses, very common.

Actually, I think it's just a range - Elm Fork Shooting Park - that happens to be next to a public golf course.

I usually never even think about carrying on any courses around here, but I could imagine it being very convenient in some regions of the country to have a good ole 10mm on the cart in case you run into some predators roaming around.

I have carried a small 9 mm on me in a belly holster. The pistol is so light I forgot i even had it on which was how i ended up playing the round with it. No big deal I play by myself alot anyway.

I always bring two guns to the course. They're between my shoulders an elbows.

Last edited:
That sounds like a fun TwoFer day !

Guns and golf - love them both.

As a Canadian I have to say I've never understood the whole gun thing...

I wish my golf abilities were on par with my hunting abilities.

As a Canadian I have to say I totally understand the whole gun thing...

As a Canadian, I'm sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm getting my concealed weapons permit. Too many crazies in this world.

I'm thinking about it but the local sheriff won't issue them unless you can show there is an active threat against you. His interpretation of the law was struck down by the 9th court but he still refuses to process CCWs until the appeals are exhausted. I'm going to get one for Arizona which will work in 32 states.

Played in Dallas a couple of weeks ago at Luna Vista which is right across some water from a big gun range. If you're on the holes close to the range on a Saturday, it sounds like there's a war going on. If you want to golf and shoot, there's the perfect combo there.

If you slice one into the range do you resist the urge to yell "pull?"

To expensive and addicting hobbies. and both are extremely fun! been wanting to get to the firing range lately just haven't had time.

I don't want to know what I've spent in total for both of these hobbies...

shhhhhhh don't even want to start to think on that

My two favorite hobbies.

My two favorite hobbies.

X2 here

I'm getting my concealed weapons permit. Too many crazies in this world.

yes enough out there to warrant some caution

I usually never even think about carrying on any courses around here, but I could imagine it being very convenient in some regions of the country to have a good ole 10mm on the cart in case you run into some predators roaming around.

old 10mm the end all be all.

but what do you do with those GUNS

sport shoot

hunt

home protection

or just cause you DIG THEM

I would love to have a set of Glock irons.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I shoot in benchrest matches.. Also reload. Its fun to work up loads for rifles and pistols and amazing how much they vary in what bullet weight and grains of powder even among the same caliber. Pretty cool placing connecting shots in almost the same hole at 200 yards with variance of wind, humidity temperature etc..

Love them both spend a lot of time at the shooting range in the winter here in Illinois while waiting for spring and my other addiction to take over

but what do you do with those GUNS

sport shoot

hunt

home protection

or just cause you DIG THEM
I mostly target shoot. Shooting takes over my golf addiction in the winter

Target shoot a little when the weather is too bad for golf and carry for self defense and home defense.

I've been into hand loading and firearms for a few decades longer then golf, though I recently took the leap to become a stamp collector as well. A half dozen form 1s and a couple form 4s later and I've realized that I'm having a lot more fun with my guns now. :D

Back