Unofficial Philadelphia Area THP Gather: Glen Mills Golf Club on July 28th

fuffle master

5150 Lunatic Fringe 22’ GRANDADDY
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone,

After discussing about the different golf clubs available and what days/time would be best for the most to make the event. I am going to setup tee time(s) for Glen Mills for between 8 am and 8:36 am on July 28th. Glen Mills has been ranked as one of the top Public Golf Courses in the Philadelphia area and even compared to Merion. The only possible issue is Glen Mills is "dry", so you have to bring alcohol if you like in your own soft cooler.

Here is the link to the course: https://www.glenmillsgolf.com/golf-course-pa/#.XRZYi-hKi70

I will have a few surprises later for those that are able to join us. Just post in this thread if you can make the day. Would love to see as many as can make it and bring a friend.

Prizes: Odyssey Double Swirl Stand Golf bag from The Odyssey Experience
Additional Prizes: Callaway Tour Hats, Set of 13 Golf Pride Limited Edition Velvet Tour Align grips, and more to come

I want to thank chpar4 as he will be donating some of the prizes.

Players Coming so far:
fuffle master +1
aparisi33 +1
millsan1
loffkat
JayB
FrancisD +2

Prize to one lucky individual: Odyssey Experience Double Swirl Bag. Sorry clubs and putter not included.

3f0aaed5bd47d04cfc0a5fe8018891da.jpg

Last edited:
I am a solid "maybe" with +1 being my Fiancee.

Does Glen Mills still utilize the Glen Mills school for maintenance and technical for the course? Used to live down the street from the course and its a really solid track!

The school shut down over abuse allegations so they now use an outside company

Just bumping up for those that haven’t seen.

July 28th around 8:30am tee times.

You may have posted on the Eastern PA thread about coming, but if you could just post on here so I can make sure I have the names as they come in.

@greekelite
@chpar4
@congressmank
@JayB
@Will82
@FrsncisD

And of course anyone else that wants to join.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double checking on family stuff that day and timing, gps puts it at 2 hours there but then have something at 3 that day

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Glen Mills is amazing!

Fantastic course, a great choice for a venue, had fun with a few thpers a number of years ago.

Hey @JohnSinVA ... this is only 2 hours 45 min from my house. Any interest? Or will you be praying to Your Lady of the Fairways?

Fantastic course, a great choice for a venue, had fun with a few thpers a number of years ago.

Agree, though we could have driven about 45 minutes each and all played.

Course was fantastic though.

Hey @JohnSinVA ... this is only 2 hours 45 min from my house. Any interest? Or will you be praying to Your Lady of the Fairways?

You driving?

Last edited:
@Loffkat would be my +1

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

count me in. I've been able to juggle my schedule and can make this work. Looking forward to it.

Date and time 8:30 works for me! In!! Love that course.

Last edited:
Is this still happening? I see the tee times of 8-8:36 on 7/28 are still open.

Yes, I was going to make tee times on Monday. Good to bump to see if anyone else can make it.

I just spoke with Glenn Mills and booked our group for 3 tee times just to be safe (8:12 am, 8:24 am, 8:36 am). I see we have 7 signed up, but just in case we get a few more I booked for the extra tee time. I will update the course as we get closer.

I will have a few contests for us for the par three holes.

I am donating a grand prize of my Odyssey Stand Bag to one of the contest winners. It is a fantastic bag and I want to offer another THPer the fun of having the bag.

I just spoke with Glenn Mills and booked our group for 3 tee times just to be safe (8:12 am, 8:24 am, 8:36 am). I see we have 7 signed up, but just in case we get a few more I booked for the extra tee time. I will update the course as we get closer.

I will have a few contests for us for the par three holes.

I am donating a grand prize of my Odyssey Stand Bag to one of the contest winners. It is a fantastic bag and I want to offer another THPer the fun of having the bag.

I’ve got a thing or two to add to the prize pool if you’d like to discuss?

I’ve got a thing or two to add to the prize pool if you’d like to discuss?

Absolutely. PM me

Just bumping up the thread to see if we missed anyone that wanted to come.

I am going to update the 1st post with a couple more prizes donated with more to come.

Price for the round is $99, so I wanted to update that as well.

Can you add me +2. My buddy will be in from Cali...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just bumping up to see if I missed any other THPers that would like to play on the 28th. I have two or three slots left to get to our 12.

Back