Smiter

Dunce Cap For A Bit
Reaction score
Handicap
I just happened to log in to the full site and saw I have 2999 posts. This will be 3,000. Let me reflect on that a minute....

Well for one, 3k for me is like 10k for most folks. I tend to type a lot. In those 3k posts, I have learned a lot. I’ve learned a lot about golf, golfing equipment, and even more about life and how to embrace an online community. This is my second online forum experience. Some of you may know that my first experience ended about like a plane that loses both wings. It was a straight nose-dive, lol. So when I arrived here I had a defensive and sometimes corrosive persona online, hell it was all I knew and I thought everywhere online would be the same. So if I offended anyone in my early days, I apologize. I truly thought that everything I stated online had to be vigorously defended.

This place is different and it is special. I’m less than 2 weeks from attending my first THP event, the THP Bridgestone Championship. I couldn’t be more excited. I feel like royalty the way I’ve been treated so far and I haven’t even shown up for the event yet. I couldn’t possibly think any higher of THP and Bridgestone Golf.

As a former (read as before I got old and fat) long drive competitor I can still hit the ball a long way, but I’ll be going in without putting any overspeed training into it. I really meant to to at least get into the 120-125 range but some health concerns and the fact that I coach two baseball teams means my time before the event is severely lacking. I’ll be on a professional grade launch monitor for my ball fitting. I’ll be shocked it I crack 120 CHS and surprised if I can even get to 115. So I expect some good natured ribbing from JB and everyone else there if I top out at 112 or so. I use every single muscle in my body to get to that LD meager number too, lol. Y’all might see a GIF of a swing so ugly that it’ll keep you up at night:)

I’m getting long winded (imagine that) so I want to cut this off. Thank you. Thank you to THP for not banning me when I first got here and was controversial and thank you for inviting me to the most awesome golf event I could ever expect to be a part of. Thank you to everyone on this site that has reached out and befriended someone that is maybe a little different from the norm. Y’all have shown me that there are happy places on the internet. This is the one that I spend my time on. It’s well run and the members here are just great folks. I went from a mentality like “the Internet sucks” to having an internet place to call home. I’ve made friends, I’ve golfed with some folks I never would have otherwise, and I just generally love it here.

So sorry! Y’all are stuck with me!:)

Nate M AKA Smiter

Congrats on 3k!

Congrats on the milestone.

It’s more a milestone for y’all than me, lol.

You’ve had to put up with me for better or worse. You’ve stuck by me for triumphs and defeat. You’ve mostly not made fun of me.

I appreciate that and I appreciate this place. It’s an oasis in the middle of a very mean (online) world. Forums mainly aren’t places to pick up friends. This one is. It’s a testament to management here and to the members. Whenever I speak about the event coming up, I always talk about this place. Most golfers don’t believe it’s possible. Maybe they had the same initial forum experience that I had? I’m nothing if not persistent and I stuck around for what I thought would be more bloodletting.

That doesn’t happen here. It is truly a place where like minded golfers can meet and discuss whatever.

3k posts in I just wanted everyone to know that I appreciate that. I was a red headed stepchild and now I’m just a regular stepchild:)

Congrats Smiter and you nailed it this is a phenomenal place to a part of!

I just happened to log in to the full site and saw I have 2999 posts. This will be 3,000. Let me reflect on that a minute....

Well for one, 3k for me is like 10k for most folks. I tend to type a lot. In those 3k posts, I have learned a lot. I’ve learned a lot about golf, golfing equipment, and even more about life and how to embrace an online community. This is my second online forum experience. Some of you may know that my first experience ended about like a plane that loses both wings. It was a straight nose-dive, lol. So when I arrived here I had a defensive and sometimes corrosive persona online, hell it was all I knew and I thought everywhere online would be the same. So if I offended anyone in my early days, I apologize. I truly thought that everything I stated online had to be vigorously defended.

This place is different and it is special. I’m less than 2 weeks from attending my first THP event, the THP Bridgestone Championship. I couldn’t be more excited. I feel like royalty the way I’ve been treated so far and I haven’t even shown up for the event yet. I couldn’t possibly think any higher of THP and Bridgestone Golf.

As a former (read as before I got old and fat) long drive competitor I can still hit the ball a long way, but I’ll be going in without putting any overspeed training into it. I really meant to to at least get into the 120-125 range but some health concerns and the fact that I coach two baseball teams means my time before the event is severely lacking. I’ll be on a professional grade launch monitor for my ball fitting. I’ll be shocked it I crack 120 CHS and surprised if I can even get to 115. So I expect some good natured ribbing from JB and everyone else there if I top out at 112 or so. I use every single muscle in my body to get to that LD meager number too, lol. Y’all might see a GIF of a swing so ugly that it’ll keep you up at night:)

I’m getting long winded (imagine that) so I want to cut this off. Thank you. Thank you to THP for not banning me when I first got here and was controversial and thank you for inviting me to the most awesome golf event I could ever expect to be a part of. Thank you to everyone on this site that has reached out and befriended someone that is maybe a little different from the norm. Y’all have shown me that there are happy places on the internet. This is the one that I spend my time on. It’s well run and the members here are just great folks. I went from a mentality like “the Internet sucks” to having an internet place to call home. I’ve made friends, I’ve golfed with some folks I never would have otherwise, and I just generally love it here.

So sorry! Y’all are stuck with me!:)

Nate M AKA Smiter

Nice message Smiter and I couldn’t agree more... Prior to THP i thought all forums were full of $hit but I was clearly wrong. I’ve not been here long but can honestly say I’ll continue to participate as long as they’ll have me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congrats on the milestone. glad to have you here!

Stop being so hard on yourself big boy. I’ve been there and can truthfully say that sincerity, honesty, humility and admitting you did it wrong goes a hell of a long way around here. Just keep being you and try to figure out a way to learn what the term paraphrasing means......lol just kidding. Can’t wait to hang in a couple short weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stop being so hard on yourself big boy. I’ve been there and can truthfully say that sincerity, honesty, humility and admitting you did it wrong goes a hell of a long way around here. Just keep being you and try to figure out a way to learn what the term paraphrasing means......lol just kidding. Can’t wait to hang in a couple short weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t speak a ton in person, maybe I’m making up for it? Lol!

I’d say can’t wait to meet you but I already have. So I can’t wait to see you again at the THP Bridgestone Championship!

(Short enough? Lol!)

Back