Why I hate playing alone

I enjoy and hate playing alone.

I enjoy it, because I play at my pace, and for some reason, I ALWAYS score better alone. That is the reason I hate it as well. I will go to a course, play by myself, tell my buddies I put up a good score, then when we all go play the same course, I will stink it up.
I have very similar tendencies.

For me, it's just confidence---or lack thereof

Nothing worse than pounding that house with an audience.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just yell really loud if you get a HIO ... someone is bound to hear you a few holes behind or ahead & come investigate. Bingo ... there's your witness.

I can take it or leave it. Playing alone or with anyone has it's advantages or disadvantages as others have said. I will always have my father looking down at me every time I tee it up, so I've always got a witness. :angel:

This thread is interesting because I was looking at tee times for this week and was trying to find one that I know will be empty. I hate playing with strangers. Golf used to be a game of honor. Doesn't matter if anyone saw your great shot.

There is nothing better than having the course to yourself. If I was a billionaire I'd build my own course and the only others on it would be my staff of greens keepers and strippers.

Fixed that right up for ya.

Haha great shot!!

I’m mortified at the idea of making a hole in one playing by myself.

Why? Then you don't have to buy a round for the clubhouse.

Played alone today. It was great until I caught up to Mr. and Mrs. Havencamp and their 2 friends. Ugh..

I enjoy both. Camaraderie is fun as well as having someone to eyeball shots-since I tend to lose the ball off the tee box. But, by myself I usually will hit more than one ball on occasion and can play to my pace if there are few players on the course. Also gives me solitude to “think”.... But I’m also a guy who’ll go out to eat on my own so “solo-ness” doesn’t bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love playing alone and don't have a problem with good shots going unseen by others, I play for my enjoyment.

I think the lost ball thing is probably my only problem with solo rounds, I'm the type that will walk right over my ball and not see it, I love having someone else's better eyes when playing.

Congrats on the hole out

I love playing alone 18 holes in less than 2.5 hours

Earlier this year made 2
Eagles playing alone it is what it is

I prefer playing alone to being teamed up with strangers. But I enjoy playing in a twosome or threesome with buddies.

I rarely play alone, usually only on holiday abroad, but enjoy it when I do. But I also fear getting a hole in one, or getting a low score (for me) for the round, and nobody believing me.

I prefer playing alone to being teamed up with strangers. But I enjoy playing in a twosome or threesome with buddies.

... I love playing with family and friends the most, but for me being paired up with strangers is one of the true joys of playing this game. I played 107 rounds in Phoenix this past winter and 90% of them were played with strangers. Out of those, about 50% were with the most awesome playing partners, 45% with good enough companions and only 5% with real pia's where I would have much rather played alone. I was invited to dinners, parties and just hanging out by playing with strangers.

... I love playing with family and friends the most, but for me being paired up with strangers is one of the true joys of playing this game. I played 107 rounds in Phoenix this past winter and 90% of them were played with strangers. Out of those, about 50% were with the most awesome playing partners, 45% with good enough companions and only 5% with real pia's where I would have much rather played alone. I was invited to dinners, parties and just hanging out by playing with strangers.
Similar experience here. I've developed some genuine and cherished friendships, simply born from playing once upon a time as complete strangers.

I enjoy playing alone because I will immerse myself within my own game. More of a reaction to the moment than any preference.

But meeting and playing with new people is really cool, I'm always up for it.

Back