Will Bryson DeChambeau Win This Year?

• Yes

Votes: 82 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 92 51.1%
  • What's a Bryson DeChambeau?

Votes: 6 3.3%

• Total voters
While I would like to see him make a win I don't think it will happen.

Such a difficult question to answer. He could catch fire in a tournament and do it, we saw he has the game. Just needs to keep the focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to see him pull it off, but I think the field is too deep for him

Not going to win this week but the top 10 gets him an extra event that doesn't count against the sponsor exemption limit.

I don't think he'll get a win yet. Got skills tho

I am sure he is more concerned about earning his tour card without having to go to Q-school than he is about a win. Of course a win will do it but several high finishes like today will do it too.

Thanks - did not know that.
Any top 10 gets automatic entry to the next week. Doesn't come up a bunch since normally top 10 finishes already have status, every once in while a Monday qualifier will get top 10 and parlay it to a few entries. Great start to getting the money he needs

Any top 10 gets automatic entry to the next week. Doesn't come up a bunch since normally top 10 finishes already have status, every once in while a Monday qualifier will get top 10 and parlay it to a few entries. Great start to getting the money he needs

Good for him

I am sure he is more concerned about earning his tour card without having to go to Q-school than he is about a win. Of course a win will do it but several high finishes like today will do it too.
Yep he is playing for that so you might see a spot where he takes a safe route even though it might not be optimal to take the chance at a win but will get him out of a tie for 2nd to straight second since that would be worth like 250k. Q school is brutal especially the new format since finishing in the top whatever only gets you on the web.com tour and not the PGA tour. Plus he would need to get through 2 rounds of it before the finals

I think a corollary question is "Does he do enough to earn a tour card?"

BTW, how much would he need to earn to do that?

T4 finish for his first tournament as a pro...impressive.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Good for him, nothing better than making that very tough transition seemingly easy.

I think a corollary question is "Does he do enough to earn a tour card?"

BTW, how much would he need to earn to do that?

According to golf channel site- he needs about $750k to earn PGA card based on last year's 125th spot. If he gets 361 points on Fed Ex (equivalent to 150th on Fed Ex list- he gets special exemption for the rest of this season's events which will help him achieve the goal of 125th on the money list. This Tie for 4th already has him well on the way for $ but the clock is ticking on the 7 events plus the other 2 he has exemption for for being US Amateur (Memorial and Quicken Loans) Any top ten gets him into the following week and doesn't count toward his exemptions.

I think he will get his card but I should not have voted yes on a win, not realizing he only handful of events to play.

Last edited:
He missed a boatload of putts today, but still ended up with nearly $260,000 towards that tour card.

I'm rooting for a win, but realistically I think he earns his tour card.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more talk of Dechambeu's T4 than Grace's win. Kid seems to be moving the needle for now at least.

According to golf channel site- he needs about $750k to earn PGA card based on last year's 125th spot. If he gets 361 points on Fed Ex (equivalent to 150th on Fed Ex list- he gets special exemption for the rest of this season's events which will help him achieve the goal of 125th on the money list. This Tie for 4th already has him well on the way for $ but the clock is ticking on the 7 events plus the other 2 he has exemption for for being US Amateur (Memorial and Quicken Loans) Any top ten gets him into the following week and doesn't count toward his exemptions.

I think he will get his card but I should not have voted yes on a win, not realizing he only handful of events to play.
Doesn't he give those up when turning pro? That is why he played the Masters as an am.

Either way a little over 200k puts him well on the way to skipping q school.

T4 finish for his first tournament as a pro...impressive.

Led the field in strokes gained tee to green. If he keeps that up, he may well win one should the putter cooperate.

He has been very close and not everything in his game has clicked yet. He just needs a week where everything in his game is on and he will be right there to win. Especially if he is on a course he is familiar with that will be a big advantage for that week.

Yes, I think he will win an event this year. This kid is wired the right way and has got game. I think he is on the cusp of revolutionizing the game of golf with his same length irons and unique approach to the game.

I think he is on the cusp of revolutionizing the game of golf with his same length irons.

Can you expand on that?
Single Length irons are not new.

Expand. Sure, no other person is doing it and if he wins I feel most major manufacturers will perhaps delve into this idea.

Expand. Sure, no other person is doing it and if he wins I feel most major manufacturers will perhaps delve into this idea.
revolutionizing is one thing. Shining light on an old thing is another

An old thing that did not work out so well and then resurrecting it and winning with it is another. He wins makes the big boys see if he is onto something for the masses. That is revolutionary.

Back