New Mizuno Blades

GraniteRoost

Flying Rocks
Albatross 2023 Club Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
Oh my goodness... modern release of one of the most classic profiles of all. These will be my first Mizunos mark my words

0839c4b8f9adb175d73ca57facfd9418.jpg

e3cf14b0ea8c2a8c8d2e4dfc837aabc2.jpg

Oh my goodness... modern release of one of the most classic profiles of all. These will be my first Mizunos mark my words

0839c4b8f9adb175d73ca57facfd9418.jpg

e3cf14b0ea8c2a8c8d2e4dfc837aabc2.jpg

Going away from the weight behind the toe area it seems...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Sexy. I want a set (to sit in my office staff bag).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going away from the weight behind the toe area it seems...

The JPX 919 Tours are so heavily weighted there this should give other better players a good option. Kind of draw bias v fade bias IMO.

The JPX 919 Tours are so heavily weighted there this should give other better players a good option. Kind of draw bias v fade bias IMO.

I’m not sure it is a bias thing as much as a CG placement thing. This likely has the cg a little more heel side which the traditional blades have.

Even a guy like me who is out of the league with these clubs can appreciate the looks. VERY nice!

Some players will strike consistently more good shots with irons of this relatively small head size. Sadly, because the major brands push supposed "bigger is better" technology, these days most players are not even trying these type irons.
I've found the advantage to the small head irons is excellent distance and accuracy control for reasonably well struck shots. Also, a smaller head moves through grassy rough, and other less than ideal lies, better than a large head.
The advantage to large headed irons is distance forgiveness for mishit shots.
For some players it is consistently easier to square up and strike more solid shots with a small head iron than a large head iron, so I don't think the determining factor should be handicap index.
Instead it is best for players of all skill levels to try both small head and large head irons, play both types on the golf course, and then decide which is best for their game.

I love me some Mizuno blades. They might not be the perfect match for my skill level, but I would game these in a heartbeat if I had the chance. I love that look, and ALL the feels when properly struck.

Back