Favorite Razor Blade?

Thrillbilly Jim

Raised On Hose Water And Neglect
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
I can't really find a razor blade I really like. Seems like I am always trying something else every time I buy razor blades. What is your favorite razor blade or which razor do you recommend?

I buy my razor and blades form Dorco. There are other, probably better known on-line shave companies like Harry's or Dollar Shave club. The Dorco stuff works just as well as anything I've tried, no better or worse basically, and at a decent price.

I do not like the thick 5 blade razors so I stick to the thinner 3 blades. I use name brand multi packs and throw them away after a few uses.

Right now I've gotten used to the dorco 7 blade cartridge. I dont have to worry about needing anything special and worse case can shave in a car if need be. Which I have needed at times due to needing to look fresh shaved while in the afternoon.

I still prefer to shave with a safety razor, but I do love the convenience of having something quick and much closer shave than an electric razor.

I really think there is no one best razor. Just one that meets your needs. I used an electric razor in high school and quickly learned in the army that my facial hair grows to quickly and dark to be able to use one.

If I get out ever I will probably have a beard for bit.

Another vote for Dorco, cheaper and just as good as everything else with a lot of options to boot.

I just switched to Dorco also. The price is good and it works great.

I like my Astra blades for my double sided safety razor. Much cheaper this way too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my Astra blades for my double sided safety razor. Much cheaper this way too.

I haven't really shaved in a long time (7-8 years), but when I did I used a single blade (double sided) safety razor and it was always a great shave. Way better than I ever got with a cartridge.

I used Personna blades for several years, but I recently switched to Feather blades in my One-Blade Shave.

I’ve been using the 3 blade razors from Costco and they work great since I go through 1 a week.

I used Personna blades for several years, but I recently switched to Feather blades in my One-Blade Shave.

Feather blades are the sharpest I’ve ever tried.

I use Harry's. They last a long time and still give good shaves after 10 shaves.

I’ve been using the 3 blade razors from Costco and they work great since I go through 1 a week.

I use the 3 blade Gillette Mach 3 disposable @ 14 for ~$25.00.
They are heavy duty throwaways, I get about 30 days from each razor, shaving every day.
Change on the 1st of every month, just like my furnace filter.
Costco used to sell them, Sams Club has them.

I wouldn’t recommend feathers as a first blade for switching over to a safety razor as you may end up cutting yourself.

The Astra platinums work well as a starting out blade. Or just get a sample pack, that’s what I did and it came with some feathers. It’s a bit more expensive this way but still much cheaper than cartridges.

If you don’t have a nice badger hair brush for lathering up make sure to grab one of those too!

Add me to the Dorco list great blades, better price

All you need is the cheap, disposable razors that come 10 or 12 in a pack for a few bucks. Like Kramer shaving with butter - can't beat'em.

Harry’s and it isn’t even close. They’re great quality, a great price point and last a long ass time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have sensitive skin so I can never use a single blade BIC or have my barber give me the hot towel shave treatment.

For that reason I use the Fusion Power ProGlide.

Just switched to Harry`s a few weeks ago and loving them!

Favorite Razor Blade?

I wouldn’t recommend feathers as a first blade for switching over to a safety razor as you may end up cutting yourself.

The Astra platinums work well as a starting out blade. Or just get a sample pack, that’s what I did and it came with some feathers. It’s a bit more expensive this way but still much cheaper than cartridges.

If you don’t have a nice badger hair brush for lathering up make sure to grab one of those too!

Sharp tools are safer.

In fact, I would argue that if you’re moving to a safety razor from disposables or lightweight replaceable cartridge style razors you’ll want the sharpest blades you can get so it’s easier to get used to letting the mass of the safety razor and the blade do the work.

I’ve been really liking my safety razor, seems to last longer and a lot cheaper than the four or five blade options.
Anyone use a safety razor still and having difficulty in finding razors at the store?

I’ve been really liking my safety razor, seems to last longer and a lot cheaper than the four or five blade options.
Anyone use a safety razor still and having difficulty in finding razors at the store?
I do all my blade shopping online. Can buy a 100 pack for under $10 that’ll last almost literally forever. Go to blade is probably still Astra Superior Platinum, but I switch pretty frequently.

Been using Schick hydro 5 blades for a while and like them. Better than Gillette and cheaper. However, after reading good reviews, and seeing the competitive price, I’m thinking of switching to Harry’s.

Back