THP Summer Cup 2016

El Bandito

Reaction score
Handicap
13 ish
Well Hello THP. I've been away.

This "tortured author" look takes a lot of practice you know...

OK - so it's that time of year again. We discuss dates and venues for the annual 36 hole bash for the honour of putting the THP UK Summer Cup on your mantlepiece for a year.

When we gonna play? Where we gonna play?

The holder (Rob) is getting spliced this year on the 6th of August - so we could do that weekend and ensure that he doesn't defend:angel:

That might be a bit mean.

One rule from me:

1. Almdudler and I are NOT, repeat NOT having a shot war this year.

So then boys and girls - what do we fancy?

Always great to see the gents across the pond getting together...one of these years I plan on joining in on the fun!

Glad to see some members setting up their own fun across the pond.

Cheers bandito. On the course just now but subscribed to the post and will take a look properly this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to join you guys across the pond sometime in the future when I have chance!

No shot race. But a lot of fun golf! I'm in! :)

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

Some off forum interest in weekends of 27th of August or 3rd September...

On the two weekends above - I am making enquiries of the Forest of Arden. Marriott with two cracking courses, near Birmingham. (And Birmingham Airport).

I am, as ever, at your service - so thoughts, comments welcome.

Hey Bandito,

This sounds good and I'm up for playing subject to final dates and costs.

Currently free August 27th and Sep 3rd so those dates work for me.

Keep us posted please :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to it.

September 3rd looking favourite at the moment as the August weekend is a three day weekend.

Playing Sunday then Monday can be a few quid cheaper, but of course means taking a day off work. Either works for me, what do you guys think?

As well as this thread, I have had some commitment from Rob, Martin, Lina, Sam, Tom subtext to confirmation. I will chase up some of the usual suspects later, Crag Rat, David L, Si, Will I Dream, Dirk St Moritz, Doc, Preston etc... Feel free to shake some trees!

Just quick as not at home, but I am pretty much a definite. Not sure about Preston but I will let him know and tell him to post in here

Just reviewing some of the previous year's threads...these get togethers are a lot of fun.

I hope that we can pull together some of the old hands and some new faces for a bit of fun - and who knows? Maybe a decent golf shot or two.

That they are, and always a good couple of days to look forward to regardless of how many good golf shots there are

Funnily enough we were just talking about this while we were at The Belfry on Thursday evening whilst enjoying some good food and having a good laugh

Very interested, had to pull out last year after almost cutting my thumb off! Prefer Sunday/Monday myself as don't like to miss Saturday Medal days, unless the 1st tee time is mid-afternoon on Saturday and as I only live 15 minutes from FOA (if that course goes ahead), I can then do both :golf:

Will follow with interest, thanks Stu :thumb:

Hi Stu. Wouldn't be able to make Saturday 3rd or Monday 5th Sept as have folks on holiday so am in work those days. Can do the Sunday game if you have space. Forest of Arden is a good track. 50 mins from me. Would be good to meet you guys again.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hi Stu. Wouldn't be able to make Saturday 3rd or Monday 5th Sept as have folks on holiday so am in work those days. Can do the Sunday game if you have space. Forest of Arden is a good track. 50 mins from me. Would be good to meet you guys again.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Richard!

I'm sure we could get you in for a 'onedayonly' appearance :)

Hmmm...Availability looking tough for Forest of Arden. Go back to the Belfry? Or how about....Celtic Manor - including the 2010?

Hmmm...Availability looking tough for Forest of Arden. Go back to the Belfry? Or how about....Celtic Manor - including the 2010?

Not Celtic Manor for me, hearing poor reports also, very little investment going into it currently allegedly.

Belfry on my door step also, the Brab is expensive but worth doing at least once, I really like the PGA, how about Forest Pines or MacDonald Portal if looking at 2 courses & resorts?

Another potential date - July 16? Weekend of The Open. The late August and early Sep date are proving tough for some people.

Another potential date - July 16? Weekend of The Open. The late August and early Sep date are proving tough for some people.
Works for me. But perhaps a quite early tee time so we can see the last of the open in the club house!

Not Celtic Manor for me, hearing poor reports also, very little investment going into it currently allegedly.

Belfry on my door step also, the Brab is expensive but worth doing at least once, I really like the PGA, how about Forest Pines or MacDonald Portal if looking at 2 courses & resorts?

Good intel on Celtic Manor - duly noted mate. We did the Brab and PGA a few years back - what are your thoughts on the two that you mention?

Will need to check but I can't think of anything that will cause problems with that weekend

MacDonald Portal looks fun...

MacDonald Portal looks fun...

it does , it has 3 courses and they have an offer for 2 nights B & B, dinner both nights and 3 rounds of golf from £139 which seems a good deal.

Back