Country Music Fans in Here!!

Went to the Garth Brooks show in Columbus last night. He put on one heck of a show for the fans and played some old lesser known stuff that rocked the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted this in the "musicians" thread but thought I would place it here as well.
After many years of playing mostly hard rock and metal I have been working on a solo record in some kind of "country rock"-style. The record is very close to be done and will be released soon. Here is a sneak peak to the album with the title and opening track "Working Man. Maybe some of you country fans will enjoy it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37621803/MarcusBacklund_Working Man_pre release.mp3

Discovered Dale Watson today. I'm working on an Outlaw Country playlist on Amazon Music ( it's already full of Waylon, Willie, Johnny, Hank Jr. and other old timers) and did some searching. Downloaded everything there was (60 songs or so) and enjoying a new find for me. Not one bad song so far.

Had country top 40 playing on my Sonos this evening and walked outside wondering how a hip hop rap song got in there. Upon further research, it was country.......it was country rap. Ha-Ha.....its here now!

Oh geez Nate.

Wife and I are headed to see Rascal Flatts on Sat. It's been too long.

It's time for the Main Act...Rascal Flatts. Enjoy coming to live acts, but the over priced beverages kill you.
e17486688ddc4cfc830a41769ba4ca5d.jpg

Good stuff MM......think I'll be in Southern CA for Kenny Chesney in August.

Good stuff MM......think I'll be in Southern CA for Kenny Chesney in August.

That will be a great concert.

I was actually surprised by Kelsea Ballerini. She put on a good opening act.

Discovered Dale Watson today. I'm working on an Outlaw Country playlist on Amazon Music ( it's already full of Waylon, Willie, Johnny, Hank Jr. and other old timers) and did some searching. Downloaded everything there was (60 songs or so) and enjoying a new find for me. Not one bad song so far.
He's awesome, but I haven't listened to him in a long long time.

Listening now

I was actually surprised by Kelsea Ballerini. She put on a good opening act.
She's a biscuit. And…she wrote 'Peter Pan' specifically about me. True story…

Just found this thread, heading up to Vegas this weekend and we will be seeing Garth Brooks. If you haven't seen him live I would highly suggest it. I'm also a huge fan of The Turnpike Troubadours. Sam Palladio from Naahville also was quite good this year at stagecoach.

I'm not a huge country music fan, but my wife is. We are going to see Zac Brown Band on Saturday night. Only other country show I've been to was Garth Brooks last year and I really enjoyed it, so have high hopes for this one as well.

She's a biscuit. And…she wrote 'Peter Pan' specifically about me. True story…

Lol ... apparently I had "what it takes" ... I was the spark for the song "Love me like you mean it" ... just saying ...

That video is awesome. And 100% correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw Chris Stapleton, Little Big Town and Luke Bryan tonight. Chris Stapleton was flat out awesome, that guy can belt out a tune!! Luke Bryan put on a hell of a show too.

Saw Chris Stapleton, Little Big Town and Luke Bryan tonight. Chris Stapleton was flat out awesome, that guy can belt out a tune!! Luke Bryan put on a hell of a show too.
I hate that he is touring with those big poppy acts. I'm not spending 60 bucks to go see an opening act.

That's a great video lol.

I hate that he is touring with those big poppy acts. I'm not spending 60 bucks to go see an opening act.

Luke Bryan is a really good entertainer though. I'd love to see Chris Stapleton do a tour of smaller venues in his own, or in a blues festival.

I'd like to see Luke Bryan fall off a train.

Jamie Johnson won't take a back seat to anyone, that guy has feeling when he sings.

Back